Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I joined weight watchers - on line >

I joined weight watchers - on line

I joined weight watchers - on line

Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM

I joined a local WW group, and I'm kinda doing it on-line. I'm more than happy to talk about it with you here. :)

Once you get figure out the system, it gets much easier. Rule of thumb - most fruits & veggies are ZERO points.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:09 AM

i believe they have a special going on. $55.00 for 3 months.
i think they want $12 or $15 to weigh in at the meetings,plus your membership fee.this seemed like the way to go to me.

In the local group here, if 20 people sign up you get a free card for the on-line stuff.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:23 AM
j

I joined WW about 8 weeks ago and have only lost 8# so far, but I find the meetings expensive $13 a week for really nothing, except to weigh in. I have tried different times to listen to speakers and they talk about everything but food. I made up my mind to stay until the end of April to see how much I lose. Then will quit and I'll just try on my own. - J.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 AM

Hi everyone... try to stick with it. The website is great for recipes and tracking and heres link to the new changes
http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/PointsPlus.aspx
it explains why the changes and how they stopped counting calories as equal...carbohydrates are weighted heavier now thats why the points have gone up on those but they also give us more points per day , plus we have the extra 49 a week to use. And fruit is free now. I've been pretty steadily losing 2 lbs a week since New Years but I write EVERYTHING down, and I do the Leslie Sansone DVD's several times a week, just one or 2 miles per day..its all you need to rev up the loss. I just re-signed up for the next 3 months online. Also for those of you who don't mind installing another browser on your computer, called Opera, there's a widget that you can download of just the point calculator that I keep on my desktop when I need a quick point value and I'm not on the WW website. Let me know if anyone wants the link to that. You don't have to use the Opera browser, just say no to be the default browser if it asks during the installation, but it just needs to be on the computer in order for the calculator to work. C'mon quilters! We sit too much between the boards and sewing . We need this!! With all the support around here, I know we can lose a lot of weight together. I still have another 24 lbs to lose so I'll be here for awhile too :)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by j
I joined WW about 8 weeks ago and have only lost 8# so far, but I find the meetings expensive $13 a week for really nothing, except to weigh in. I have tried different times to listen to speakers and they talk about everything but food. I made up my mind to stay until the end of April to see how much I lose. Then will quit and I'll just try on my own. - J.
J, 8 lbs in 8 weeks is great..its doesn't seem like much but when you see a loss every week thats really motivating! but if the meetings aren't really helping you then you can do it on your own,. Just be sure to write everything down thats why
I like the online. I don't really need external motivation because I want to lose the weight and be myself again. That's motivation enough for me :-)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I joined a local WW group, and I'm kinda doing it on-line. I'm more than happy to talk about it with you here. :)

Once you get figure out the system, it gets much easier. Rule of thumb - most fruits & veggies are ZERO points.
Hi and congratulations! I'm in it for the long haul too :-)
Old 03-29-2011, 07:57 AM

I've been doing WW online for 7 weeks now and have lost 14 pounds (with the help of a lot of exercising). My son actually called me a "gym rat" yesterday. I never thought I'd hear those words connected to me. I consider it a wonderful compliment. Unfortunately, I have 30 more pounds to go.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Peggerly
I've been doing WW online for 7 weeks now and have lost 14 pounds (with the help of a lot of exercising). My son actually called me a "gym rat" yesterday. I never thought I'd hear those words connected to me. I consider it a wonderful compliment. Unfortunately, I have 30 more pounds to go.
good for you!!! I'm right there with you :)
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM

I did go to WW meetings and since the beginning of Feb. and I am going to try it myself. I lost 14.5 lbs.
The fruit and veggies are all 0 points.
Good luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM

I did go to WW meetings and since the beginning of Feb. and I am going to try it myself. I lost 14.5 lbs.
The fruit and veggies are all 0 points.
Good luck.