Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I joined weight watchers - on line >

I joined weight watchers - on line

I joined weight watchers - on line

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 PM

this looks like a simpler site to use, and it is free..

http://www.fatsecret.com/

tonight i had green giant vegtable for one
and lean cuisine garlic chicken spring rolls
apple.

i cook dinner every night for my husand to take to work the next day. (he works 12 hour days.)

i am just not in the mood right now to try to figure it out for WW!
now if i can just get through the evening without blowing it! snacking is my down fall. my DIL said to have microwave popcorn,lite butter..i forgot to get some!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:23 PM

I am a WW meeting member and use e-tools on line. I am having trouble with the new program as I was used to the old Points system. When I get home from the valley and get to my own meetings I am sure my wonderful leader will get me on the right track.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pdunn56
Hi everyone... try to stick with it. The website is great for recipes and tracking and heres link to the new changes
http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/PointsPlus.aspx
it explains why the changes and how they stopped counting calories as equal...carbohydrates are weighted heavier now thats why the points have gone up on those but they also give us more points per day , plus we have the extra 49 a week to use. And fruit is free now. I've been pretty steadily losing 2 lbs a week since New Years but I write EVERYTHING down, and I do the Leslie Sansone DVD's several times a week, just one or 2 miles per day..its all you need to rev up the loss. I just re-signed up for the next 3 months online. Also for those of you who don't mind installing another browser on your computer, called Opera, there's a widget that you can download of just the point calculator that I keep on my desktop when I need a quick point value and I'm not on the WW website. Let me know if anyone wants the link to that. You don't have to use the Opera browser, just say no to be the default browser if it asks during the installation, but it just needs to be on the computer in order for the calculator to work. C'mon quilters! We sit too much between the boards and sewing . We need this!! With all the support around here, I know we can lose a lot of weight together. I still have another 24 lbs to lose so I'll be here for awhile too :)
What is the link? I joined online last week. The calculator is about the only thing I really use. I followed the old point system and lost the weight, but put it back on when I had knee surgery and couldn't keep up with the exercise.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM

I do WW meetings - needed the weigh-in discipline. Lost 50lb's and have kept it off for nearly two years. The program works. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 PM

I joined March 2nd. I am doing the $39.99 a month which gives me unlimited meetings and website. I have lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks. I find the website confusing, but trying to use it. So far I have not started exercise, but plan to when I get my new puppy. I am getting a Great Pyrenees and he will need lots of exercise.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 PM

The link for the Opera browser is...
http://www.opera.com/
then install its Points Plus widget here
http://widgets.opera.com/search/?ord...&q=points+plus

Save it to your desktop to find it easily
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM

I'm a lifetime member from 1979...
I quit going when they made me start paying because I was pregnant and "over the 2 lb" limit...
I found that an unhealthy attitude about eating healthy and staying health during pregnancy...
I then join with my dd in 1995 when she was 15 and was having trouble with weight loss... They accused her of cheating because she wasn't losing... Went to the dr. and she had a sleep disorder that was playing havoc with her metabolism...
I'm not a great fan of ww. to say the least
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL OF YOU who are doing Weight Watchers, either online or in person, as well as any who are losing weight all on their own or thru other programs. I applaud your willingness to LOVE yourselves enough to want to do this for YOU. If I could figure it out, I'd put a bunch of those smiley faces on here that jump up and down as tho to CHEER YOU ON. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. YAY ALL OF YOU. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Now, just consider them going up and down.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by grmamrtha1
CONGRATULATIONS to ALL OF YOU who are doing Weight Watchers, either online or in person, as well as any who are losing weight all on their own or thru other programs. I applaud your willingness to LOVE yourselves enough to want to do this for YOU. If I could figure it out, I'd put a bunch of those smiley faces on here that jump up and down as tho to CHEER YOU ON. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. YAY ALL OF YOU. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Now, just consider them going up and down.
Thank you!!!! there's so much support on this board!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM

I need to do this to and would love to have everyone confused with me so I'm not alone.