I need to vent

Old 04-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Many of you know I lost my job 6 weeks ago and have been looking for employment everywhere. Last week I got a call from the laboratory where I worked in New York City 10 years ago. They found my resume on-line wanted me to go to an interview because the job I held then was available again. I never applied for this job, nor even am I sure I wanted it back, but a job is a job, it has good benefits and the pay is good. I was very happy there but didn't feel sad when I left. I get a call today from the manager to tell me that the position was already filled. How can they bring someone's hopes up like that to then dump you without ever giving you an interview?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Pam

It sure seems unfair to me, I hope you find something soom.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Sorry. I hate to get my hopes up too. Shame on them. But I do believe everything happens for a reason. When I miss out the next thing that comes has always been better. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:45 PM

I agree with Debbie, something better will come along, it always does. So keep your hopes up a better one is around the corner. no very nice of them though to get your hopes up and then flatten them without an interview. Keep your spirits up
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

well! I don't blame you for being upset with them, maride.
good grief, you didn't ask for them to contact you and offer your old job back etc. etc. etc. How rude!
I say prayers for all quiltboard family every day, but now I know you have a job need.
hugs, kick them to the curb and let's see about getting you something nicer than that!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I can't believe that. They are so wrong for doing that to you. You go ahead and be mad. I do prey you find something soon.
Carrie
Old 04-08-2010, 01:02 PM
JJs
Banned

maybe the fact that, .... "I never applied for this job, nor even am I sure I wanted it back" .... came across in the initial phone conversation and they decided to look elsewhere...
....and they did call to let you know the position was filled instead of leaving you hanging....

so they sound pretty polite to me...
Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM

I am so sorry the job in NYC didn't work out. I would be very upset also.

I hope something comes through for you soon. What type of work do you do. I have no real connections but would help if there is anything I can do.

When I hear people complaining about their jobs, all I can think of is all of the people who would love to have it!

My prayers are with you and your family and again, Good Luck!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

That was mean, I hope you find a good job soon.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
maybe the fact that, .... "I never applied for this job, nor even am I sure I wanted it back" .... came across in the initial phone conversation and they decided to look elsewhere...
....and they did call to let you know the position was filled instead of leaving you hanging....

so they sound pretty polite to me...
When I left the job I kept the door open. I was very happy to hear from them and I had a great phone conversation with them. They promised to call me on Monday to set up an interview. Since I didn't hear back from them and I know is a very busy place and the person I was expecting the call from is not the most organized person in the world, I called this morning and left her a message. She called back around 3 to tell me that she didn't call before because she didn't find the words to tell me I wasn't going to be considered for the job. Nice? Yes! very much. Professional? Not a bit!