Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I Will Never Complain About My Kids Again!!! >

I Will Never Complain About My Kids Again!!!

I Will Never Complain About My Kids Again!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM

There is good and bad in every type/group of people.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 AM

Default tattoos

Originally Posted by quiltinglady-1 View Post
I agree with you Nanamoms, this is not a racial issue. Why does everything have to go back to race?
it only goes back to race if you want it to. it only went to race for one fleeting moment and then it was gone. let's not make that a major issue, please.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

I believe in letting people be who they want to be....they are not a part of my immediate world, but they are a part of my world.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM

Boy, I'm going to stir the pot now...

My son has huge ear piercing and many tats that he got after he left home. I love him as much now as I did before he got them. Yes he looks different than you or me, but his heart is gold and would help anyone / anything / anywhere. He was always the one who wouldn't each lunch because he sat with some friends that didn't have money to buy lunch. He was also always the one who would "treat" others just because he had a few extra dollars. He was also the one who weight lifted (1st in his weight/age), played football and was a talented trumpet player amongst his other many good qualities. He was the one with the wild plaid pants and goofy sayings on his t-shirts with key chains hanging from his chain belt. His sweatshirt was held together with safety pins and he used my bath & body works cucumber melon spray. He supported his wife as she went through college (she's now an elementary school teacher) and holds down a full time job with the railroad.

We shouldn't judge by a first glance impression.

As far as what will they look like in 30 years -- well they'll look like all the others look 30 years from now...that will be their "norm", just as we have ours.

Sorry, but I know others are "put off" at how my son looks but I'd trust my life in his and his friends hands over many that others think are "normal".

All of this is my humble opinion
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM

When someone has multiple tattoos, you need to be wary. While they might be expressing something personal using their body as a canvas; you need to aware that anyone can look up publicintelligence.net and check out the site the Alaskas state troopers use to check for criminal tattoos and also the one that shows the Mexican criminal gang tattoos. The police use this site and recognize that body art is frequently a mark of a person living outside the law. If you don't know the person personally, I think it makes sense to practice self-protection and be leary of them.

Last edited by TanyaL; 03-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 PM

Have you asked him why he did that to himself??? I'm curious.

"My son has huge ear piercing and many tats that he got after he left home. I love him as much now as I did before he got them. Yes he looks different than you or me, but his heart is gold and would help anyone / anything / anywhere. He was always the one who wouldn't each lunch because he sat with some friends that didn't have money to buy lunch. He was also al"
Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
Have you asked him why he did that to himself??? I'm curious.

"My son has huge ear piercing and many tats that he got after he left home. I love him as much now as I did before he got them. Yes he looks different than you or me, but his heart is gold and would help anyone / anything / anywhere. He was always the one who wouldn't each lunch because he sat with some friends that didn't have money to buy lunch. He was also al"
He likes the way they look. Once you have been around him for a few minutes you actually quit noticing them as they aren't what "makes" him. Kind of like me, my house may be messy at times and it doesn't bother me but it might really make others think poorly of me.

Oh well, to each their own.