Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I Will Never Complain About My Kids Again!!! >

I Will Never Complain About My Kids Again!!!

I Will Never Complain About My Kids Again!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 PM

do you think that was done by a real surgeon? i thought they do it themselves by pushing something in under the skin and then having the cut heal over. what do i know?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM

Thank God all my kids have is strange taste in shoes. I'm all for self expression, I have even considered getting a tattoo and may piercing my belly button. Someone needs to give these people a lesson in moderation. Just imagine how they will feel as they age and the pain that will go along with some of those modifications.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

I am afraid my Momma would have hurt us if we had even thought of trying these things...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 PM

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do to their bodies to express themselves. Not my thing, but I confess there was one guy in there who didn't look too bad - I thought he was cute! I am off to the doctor now, to have my head examined...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 PM

Well, if the metal is removed and left out of the piercings, the hole will grow back together. I do not know about the stretched ear lobes. And I had not seen the brow built up like that.

It IS shocking when your child comes home with that sort of thing. Sometimes it is done for the shock effect. And sometimes it is done so the parents actually pay attention to the child. (I speak from experience.)

So hold your children, listen to them, take time with them as they grow. And if you are a grandparent, do what you can to let those precious grandchildren know you love them. It will help. (It doesn't preclude ALL rebellion, sad to say.)
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM

i think it's true that some kids need the attention. but i think it's also true that some kids are just dopey and do it because their friends do it. it's fashionable, like the 'vertical smile'.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 PM

One day I came home from work and my son had a nose ring! I freaked out! It was just a piece of notebook binder stuck to his nose and he took it off!! We all had a good laugh, One kid did a tongue ring at one time but that did not last long, No tatoos except the stick on kind!!

Last edited by Up North; 03-14-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Just think, in a few years, I'm going to be relying on some of them to wipe my butt for me!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM

Now I am going to have nightmares when I get to sleep. OMG. Save us from people looking like this to run our country. What are they thinking of? NOT is the problem. I guess if one of my kids would have come home with a mouth ring or something Dad would have seen to it that it was no more.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM

Ick. I need to go bleach my eyeballs now.