Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER >

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Well-there was this cliff when I was 16 and I sled down it on a dare, breaking my foot in 6 places-and that really has come back to haunt me. . .I'd like a redo on that crazy move. . .
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
I would have finished the quilted pillows I was working on for my sister. She had to have surgery last Friday, and I stayed by her bedside this week until the ventilator was removed yesterday. She passed away within two minutes. We were best friends and seldom missed a day talking to each other. I miss her terribly already.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
I would have finished the quilted pillows I was working on for my sister. She had to have surgery last Friday, and I stayed by her bedside this week until the ventilator was removed yesterday. She passed away within two minutes. We were best friends and seldom missed a day talking to each other. I miss her terribly already.
So sorry for you about your sister.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Dreamer, I was so sorry to read your answer. Yes, if only we could do over some of the things we had no power to change.

But...

Imagine yourself several years from now, looking back on this day. Is there anything you can do over now, so that on that future day, you will be happier with yourself and your life?

All we can do is go forward. But the nice thing is, you get to work at more than one do-over. (And me, too - I need to keep this in mind for myself, too.)
Old 10-07-2011, 07:42 PM

I'd have left my second husband sooner...he had me convinced that I couldn't house or feed my kids...I know better now...
Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 PM

While I have read everyone's responses and had different emotions while I read them I am still struggling w/ the one thing I would do over...and yes I have told myself "everything happens for a reason" and I just need to except it. For the most part I have but there is that nagging 20% that still eats away at me some days.Yes struggling w/ a question that will probably never get a answer.
Hugs,
dee
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM

First off Jill, I am so sorry about your sister.

Second Dreamer, I agree with Lisanne - find the do-over you can still do today so that in the future, you can look in the mirror and feel loved and worthy. There is still time!

As for my do-over, I would have worked harder at school and gone farther with my education. I would not change my personal choices (even though I made some dooseys - Never NEVER date a man who nicknames himself "Merlin!")If I changed the bad choices, I would not be here now, with two beautiful sons and a husband who really loves me. So I accept the bad choices and the things I could not control because they are all part of the journey that has led me here. And despite the fact I don't wear a size 8 and drive a 1969 Mustang, here is still pretty darned good!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
I don't like to think about the "what ifs" because it causes too much discontent for where I am now. What is, is and thinking about the changes I should have made may be better in my mind but possibly may not have brought me to this good place in my life now.
I agree, while we may have made some choices we wish we could change they do turn us into the person we are today, and sometimes that is not a bad thing.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 PM

I think I would turn my then step-father in for child abuse.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:06 PM

gone to NYC to Columbia and gone for a PhD in some kind of history - archeology
helped more animals and people along my way -
sharet