if you won the lottery?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 AM

It'd be a miracle if I won, because I've bought a ticket!!

But I'd like to dream- I'd pay off my own morgage first. Help my yougest DD get a house. Set my DGC up for college. Add on to the sewing room I have and organize it better. Then bank the rest for modest living into the future.:)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Pay off my mortgage, create college trust funds for DGS (no DGD). Give 10% to charities -- food bank, church, shelters.

If there was anything left, invest and travel.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Banned

get a lawyer, then pay off EVERTHING..give my house/car to my kids and leave this country....for at least 3 years I would do nothing but travel this great world of ours!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Unless is was millions my life wouldn't change that much from what it is now. My two adult children are doing great on their own but I'd be sure they didn't have any debt and a good nest egg so they would have security to continue to build for the grands. DH and I have our retirement income arranged. We believe in giving back as much as possible, so most of the lottery would be given to help local families and agencies. But first I'd have to buy a ticket! I think I have bought two in my lifetime. LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM

First, hubby and I would retire, then hire a lawyer, help out family, set up trust funds for hubby's kids, so they would be older, like over 35, before they could get it and after that, who knows. Try to live under the radar.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

first, pay for kids education and set up the same for grands. then buy a home where it's warm nuff my bones quit aching. then give my house to my black sheep, annoying, rude, crude obnoxious middle brother; just because my neighbors deserve him. Then, pay for a home for each of my kids. I have no Bills so a new sewing room fully stocked would be my selfish splurge and a garden. I have too much shade here for that. Then just live very modestly doing what I enjoy with family for whatever time I have left! ahhh to dream . . . edited to add; just cause the wackos knock, don't mean ya gotta answer.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 AM

Part of the money to each of my children-enough for my retired Mom and then I would also live normal-of course change my phone # and get a private address.and a new sewing room complete with a long arm-oh what heaven that would be!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM

After securing a really good lawyer I would give 20% off the top to my church, then see that all my 5 children were set for life then I'd just relax and enjoy life. Our pastor is sponsoring a trip to the Holy Land and I want to go.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM

I would build a house with a top floor studio so big I could jog in it. It would have a killer cutting tables as well as places for all my machines & a long arm quilter. It would have ceiling lights so the natural light could come in & a killer snack bar & frig. You know some place to store all the chocolate & diet Dr Pepper. Tons of fabric like the quilt store was here. Outside would be a fabulous pool & spa area. Can't sew all the time & a patio BBQ area. Would add on to my church so it could be bigger. Set up trust funds for all the kids & grandkids. Buy my BIL a custom Camaro like he had in 1972, it was awsome. Pay off all the kids bills & my parents & sisters. Gkids have to go to college & get education paid for & then get access to trust funds. Have a camp for kids to learn the old fashioned ways of life.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
It's so funny how many of us would like to be sort of hermits.

With the computer it's so easy to be connected to those we want to be connected to and avoid the rest.

I think I'd like to have a house near a lake or river/stream type thing off the beaten track, no neighbors to pollute the water.
Not this gal. After Uncle Sam, my family, my church and my cultural center------------I'd buy about 20 of my favorite muscle cars (& build garage for storage--and hire guard to keep my son out!) and take turns driving them around town and thru the Tastee Freeze at least once a day. JUST TO SHOW OFF!