if you won the lottery?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:20 PM

The first thing I would do would be to buy my Mom one of those walk-in baths. She has mobility problems. Next I would pay off all of my debts, and any that my immediate family has. Third, I would find an architect, whose style is similar to Frank Lloyd Wright and have my manse built over looking Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho and thumb my nose at Dwayne Haggadone and Mark Hemstreet. Fourth I guess would be to invest in my 8 grandchildren, providing them with enough money to get them through college. I can't forget my kitty. She would have the ultimate cat pavilion. She already rules the roost, so why not make it a home fit for her majesty? Do I still have money?? I would make a huge donation to our local animal shelter and provide funding for out local bus system. Is it possible to build a new food bank that has facilities to accept a cow or pig? Would it be wrong of me to ask for a lousy car? Just a thought.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM

I would buy my favorite beach house, volunteer at the local turtle hospital and enjoy watching the sun set every night....and donate to charities that help homeless pets. Then I'd have a housekeeper and a pool cleaner, and maybe a healthy cook. I could then live quietly and never wear "professional clothes" again.....
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM

After legal advice, I would most likely stay where I am in my old house. Our farm was given to a soldier in 1847 a year before we became a state, we`ve been here 53 yrs, it`s home. I have my charities that I would give more too.
and because of my age, would like a house keeper to lighten the work load. Some of our childern are doing very well and some cannot.I realize you can`t fix every thing. I would want to learn every thing I could about all the new fangled things in this world. That includes learning more things about quilting, so when donating them, they would be beautiful.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 PM

1.legal advice
2. set aside money for charities like the SPCA
3. payoff mortgage
4.upgrade my longarm for a stitch regulated
5."toy: for hubby too
6. get up and go to work on Monday
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM

If I won $220 million dollars I would pay off our debts including all our student loans, buy us a house with tons of acreage, buy my husband and I new trucks, buy my parents and my husband's parents a little cottage in the same town as our home, pay off debt for my siblings and my husband's siblings, and then put the rest in the bank. With the interest I earn from my money I would hire people to take care of my farm and go on lots and lots of vacations. This is one of my favorite daydreams. ;)
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
You guys are big dreamers. Someone in MN won it. And it said in the paper that if they took the one time payout , after taxes; they would get $89 million.
Chump change, but I could live with that! tee hee
Old 08-12-2011, 06:59 PM

Buy my BIL a custom Camaro like he had in 1972, it was awsome. ..................[/quote]

One of my cars will be a '69 black inside and out Camero convertible like a friend of mine used to have.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:51 PM

First, I would pay off the truck and van, pay several years full coverage insurance for them, upgrade my homeowners insurance, Hire a gardening service to plant and maintain my new rose garden, force DH to retire so he can preserve the use of his leg, buy my brother a boat big enough to really live on, pay his insurance on it, buy one sister a house to retire in, buy another sister a small home of her own, buy my other two brothers an education in an arts college, donate a big chunk to my favorite charities, ...........My list would be endless.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:20 PM

I would buy a small house or condo in South Carolina so I could be near my only grandchild whenever I wanted to.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 PM

I would split my winnings with my husband (1/4%), my daughter(1/4%),myself (1/4%) and split the other 1/4% with my brother and sister. The reason I'd split it this way is the taxes. There are gift taxes I'd hate to mess with. I'd not have to worry if they used the money in a way I don't like. If they used it up, too bad. My husband and I have different hobbies so if he wanted something I have no interest in, it's his money.