JOKE: Idiot Sightings

Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 AM

This one bears repeating here. I had it posted previously in a different topic.

I spent my morning trying to convince my cell phone company that I have an account with them, and that I AM the "Primary Account Holder". They find my account, my number, my payments to them for the last 5 years, but tell me I am not the "Primary Account Holder". (There has never been anyone else on this account.) I pay the bill, (by a bank draft with my NAME on it) but I am not the "Primary Account Holder"! I asked who the "Primary Account Holder" is, and they tell me there isn't one! Arrggggggg! I ask to be listed as the Primary Account Holder", only to be told, "No, we can't do that because we can't prove who you are.", so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that, without proof, that I am me, "There is nothing they can do."
Arrrggggggg!

*I did get the problem fixed, but just wanted to add - "Heeere's your sign!"
Old 09-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by patski
very funny and too many of these are POLITICIANS has to be for our country to be in such a mess!! Both parties
Very true, both sides of the aisles as well as the independents have done their share.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by Stitchit123
Originally Posted by QBeth
I had to laugh about the one from Dallas where "I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself "! Someone here on the Board admited to doing the same thing. But, she wasn't alone -- others admitted doing the same thing. Of course, I would never admit to such a thing! :-) :shock:
Its easy to do There are way to many cords under the desk and with the improper lighting they tend look alike-- Guess what iI did this past week-end

:oops:
No offense meant!! My apologies. It's just the type of thing that I would do, ignoring my earlier disclaimer. And, yes, there are too many cords in our lives, that's why my DVR isn't hooked into the cable box right now. :|

Update to this: I've been dwelling on this. I do that when I think I've hurt someone's feelings. Please be assured, that it never occured to me that my using the "plug" post could be interpreted as the poster being an idiot. OMG, that was never my intention!!! And, I'm really sorry if my post insulted anyone. Lord knows, I've done my share of such things.
Relax, you did not say you were perfect, you said you "would never ADMIT to doing it". Those of us with 'delusions of perfection' never ADMIT to anything. (Hint- we're delusional) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by IdahoSandy
Just wanted to add, think of these Republicans at the next election and be sure to "vote" for them. Grinning
I think the next Presidential Election Ballot, should have a box labeled, "Anyone Else"! It's a new world, why keep doing what did NOT work?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:57 AM

I just have to add my idiot sighting.

I used to work at an airport in the midwest, where winters are horrible. We were in the middle of an ice storm and had been receiving calls from passengers all day, we were swamped with calls - and a gentleman calls and proceeds to ask me if the airport was flying today, wait for it, I couldn't resist, wait for it, I told him that I would hate to see the size of the aircraft it would take to lift the airport up and fly with it, I immediately started laughing, he did also, it was a great tension reliever.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mimmis57
I was having trouble with my printer so I called tech support.
Tech: Please print out a test sheet.
Me: OK
Tech: What colors did it print?
Me: purple, orange ,red, green ,yellow, blue & pink.
Tech: OK. Is your printer turned on?

What?
I didn't color it in with crayons! Needless to say the troubleshooting didn't fix the problem!
You're killing me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM

Thanks for a good laugh! My husband used to repair computers and had a call from a woman that told him the light bulbs had burned out in her monitor. Worked in a bank!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:22 AM

As Bill Engvall would say "Here's Your Sign!"
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Have copied this and am sending it to my friends so they can laugh as hard as I have today
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 AM

BFW - this is your all-time best post!