Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Missy~ what branch is your daughter in? I am prior AF, and my husband is active AF! I'll keep your daughter in my prayers!

Whew! I'm on a roll! I got up again this morning and worked out! Got in a lifting routine and a 20 min cardio workout, And my kids are still asleep!

Weighed in and I've lost a pound since Monday! I'VE FINALLY BROKE MY PLATUE... now I hope I didn't jinx myself! Will be celebrating by eating dinner at CBW, one of my favorite healthy places to eat! Now please keep your fingers crossed ,that maybe by the end of this month I can loose those 5 lbs that I've been chasing since hitting my platue!
My daughter is Army. She has always dreamed of being in the Army.

You are doing great! Busting theough that plateau is a BIG accomplishment! Way to go!!

You are way more active today that I am. I have been running errands but will be going to the mall soon with my mom and I will get some walking in then.

Missy
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good morning everyone!
Missy - I love your quilt and other projecxts. I haven't been quilting long enough to design my own. I just follow a pattern. I'll be praying for your daughter.
MJ - Glad your doing better. Once you feel better and your health is improved you blood sugar should stabelize.
I'm doing better today. My psych doc added a new med yesterday, reduced my anti-depressant and increased my anti anxiety meds. I slept better last night.
After I saw him yesterday I went swimming to help relax and also to get my exercise in.
My eating hasn't been to good with all the other stuff going on.
Gotta run I have a therapy appt in a little while. Hope everyone has a great day.
I am so glad you saw the psych! Hopefully your change in meds will make a difference in your moods. Thank you so much for the prayers for Kelsey. I really appreciate it.

Missy
Old 07-13-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Good morning everyone. I tried weighing again on my scale and came up with all sorts of different numbers. I am afraid to count the lowest number for fear that it really is the highest number. LOL I am off for a hair cut today (so at least I should lose an ounce or two) and then to check goodwill for a scale that works.

Good luck today.

Karen
Great idea on going to goodwill for a new scale! I hope you have a good haircut and lose some ounces. :)

Missy
Old 07-13-2011, 09:31 AM

pre snack blood sugar was 143. Yippee!

working hard on this, don't want more insulin and weight gain.

also, cut my antidepressant in half and doing much better mentally, slept 10 hours last night!

not freaky thinking today
Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
pre snack blood sugar was 143. Yippee!

working hard on this, don't want more insulin and weight gain.

also, cut my antidepressant in half and doing much better mentally, slept 10 hours last night!

not freaky thinking today
143 is AWESOME!! Your doc is going to be so happy with your numbers. Did you already have the doppler done this morning? I sure am praying you do not have a DVT. Please let us know how it goes.

Missy
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM

I'm still waiting on the doppler.

Driving me crazy

Moe Moe just got back from his haircut. He is really grumpy, and FAT! I thought he was just fluffy, but no, he's gained weight.

Another dieter in the household.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm still waiting on the doppler.

Driving me crazy

Moe Moe just got back from his haircut. He is really grumpy, and FAT! I thought he was just fluffy, but no, he's gained weight.

Another dieter in the household.
I think that would drive me nuts too! Oh poor poor Moe Moe! He needs a diet plan! Feed him lots of love love and more love!

Missy
Old 07-13-2011, 10:59 AM

I have, but Lulu is scared of him now that he looks different. He left looking like a furry ragamuffin, but now he is an elegant poodle who has bathed, so he even smells different.

She climbed up on the back of my recliner and hid behind my head.

Honey was happy as Moe Moe is her adopted baby, she frets every time he leaves.

Sammy is indifferent. Still waiting on doc call.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:42 AM

mj- i feel like i need a program for the cast of characters! if moemoe is in need of a diet give him canned green beans mixed with 2/3 of his kibble or normal food. when my pups beef up i do this and they don't seem to mind at all, in fact, they act less hungry than normal. i find the french cut beans are more filling to them.
everyone seems to be doing better. i'm so glad! shows what happens when we focus on each other, lots of good! yesterday, i peeked at the board, but didn't write anything. i was determined to get some quilting done! so my headache and i pieced a very simple baby quilt top and i'm hoping today to get it at least sandwiched. then onto quilting. i'm still doing straightline, as i've yet to practice fmq. this is for a surprise baby- the result of an exuberant new year's celebration! very wanted, thank goodness!! just found out it's a boy, but didn't know so the quilt is green and teal, of wm precut squares and yardage. i'm happy so far! feels good to be back at the machine, and since it didn't require much thought i could spend that energy pretending i didn't have a headache. not very effective. can't decide should i sandwich or go walk at the mall? wish i could take the dogs, it's just as hot outside for them! and like moe moe, monkey has a little too much padding on her ribs. her idea of excercise is to go check her bowl for food. lol-- apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (me). she also has a torn knee injury from puppyhood so i can't run her round the block , as if i could run. someday perhaps.... anyhoo, am glad to hear more positive happenings and hope it's a trend that continues for all of us! i keep forgetting to weigh when i first get up, but i tell myself i feel thinner. i also tell my self i'm gorgeous, smart, young and rich. honestly, i'll believe anything!!lmbo (don't you wish we really could? i'd laugh constantly if it would work.) I AM LOSING-- just not my butt!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
mj- i feel like i need a program for the cast of characters! if moemoe is in need of a diet give him canned green beans mixed with 2/3 of his kibble or normal food. when my pups beef up i do this and they don't seem to mind at all, in fact, they act less hungry than normal. i find the french cut beans are more filling to them.
everyone seems to be doing better. i'm so glad! shows what happens when we focus on each other, lots of good! yesterday, i peeked at the board, but didn't write anything. i was determined to get some quilting done! so my headache and i pieced a very simple baby quilt top and i'm hoping today to get it at least sandwiched. then onto quilting. i'm still doing straightline, as i've yet to practice fmq. this is for a surprise baby- the result of an exuberant new year's celebration! very wanted, thank goodness!! just found out it's a boy, but didn't know so the quilt is green and teal, of wm precut squares and yardage. i'm happy so far! feels good to be back at the machine, and since it didn't require much thought i could spend that energy pretending i didn't have a headache. not very effective. can't decide should i sandwich or go walk at the mall? wish i could take the dogs, it's just as hot outside for them! and like moe moe, monkey has a little too much padding on her ribs. her idea of excercise is to go check her bowl for food. lol-- apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (me). she also has a torn knee injury from puppyhood so i can't run her round the block , as if i could run. someday perhaps.... anyhoo, am glad to hear more positive happenings and hope it's a trend that continues for all of us! i keep forgetting to weigh when i first get up, but i tell myself i feel thinner. i also tell my self i'm gorgeous, smart, young and rich. honestly, i'll believe anything!!lmbo (don't you wish we really could? i'd laugh constantly if it would work.) I AM LOSING-- just not my butt!
nancia, we give all our dogs green beans with their supper and only raw baby carrots for snacks. They love them.

The problem is dh loves to feed them off the table, and then is shocked when they gain weight. I don't feed them anything, including the carrots...
I will feed them their meal, but dh likes to do it.

all of my babies (dh, moe moe, honey, lulu, sammy) are sleeping on the living room couch, dh is sitting up to sleep!

I am starving now that I'm not taking byetta, great drug just too expensive for me. all these drugs add up. plus blood tests, etc.