Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning!
TooMany-You are very welcome to be here. We are all here for the same goal, losing weight and improving our health.
Jeanne-I don't get homicidal but I get sicker when I lose sleep. Also, when I'm in the don't sleep cycle I skip taking my meds because I can't remember if it's day or night. sounds dumb...
Missy-I would do 10 of each. What about quilted bookmarks? Just cut a 1 inch strip, put batting and backing, sew around the edges, turn inside out, and quilt. I'd sell these for $1 and make about 50. Different prices are very important! Walmart panel quilts, already quilted pieces with you adding the binding for $30, maybe 3 or 4, unless you have friends with babies that you can gift them at Christmas, etc.
I saw the cutest Christmas ornaments posted here. 2 yoyos with a sucker stick between them, a fancy button on front, and cellophane with ribbon. Another easy-peasy.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-136130-1.htm
Xylie-add me to your prayer list, My right leg is acting weird,
I been off a few days,so am catching up.Mj,You got it.Expect those unexplained things start leaving Also expect to feel better and lets get you better and made whole.I don't have a list per say,but am more than happy to help anyone that needs prayer,as I always expect results.I'm glad we are all hanging in there.I haven't lost any weight yet,but am retaining water from one of the meds,so need to take a water pill.Ok,well let's get er done and get this weight to moving off.Welcome to all the new comers too,your in the right spot to lost weight.We do see results here.
Those are the CUTEST ornaments!! I have about 500 yo-yos leftover from a project and when I am in Texas I will be putting together these ornaments. I think they will turn out darling.

Oh I bought about 500 buttons yesterday off of ebay (2 lots of 100 and one lot of 300) and only paid 6 cents for each of the lots that had 100 in them and $1.08 for the big lot. With shipping and everything I paid about $8.00 not bad i think. I will be using those to make the ornaments. Except...ugh...I forgot they are coming from Hong Kong so I probably won't get them before I go to Texas. I will find other crafts that I can do while I am gone. Maybe bookmarks or something else. We will see.

I cannot wait to start making some crafts for the craft fair I would like to participate in. I figure if I do not have much inventory this year then maybe I can keep making the items and get a booth next year.

I wanted to tell you guys that I met a mom on one of my groups that has a daughter not far from where my daughter is stationed in Afghanistan. It is like meeting family! Her daughter will be coming home in 79 days where my daughter has 8 more months. :(

My daughter's name is Kelsey and I would really appreciate any prayers that can be whispered for her. She is only 19 and on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Such a volatile place right now. I hope when she gets back home that she and I can begin to work on having a relationship again. (She has been influenced by her other mother, my ex-partner, and is still a bit too immature to see the truth. God knows her and knows her heart and when the time is right we will work things out.)

Anyway...sorry for monopolizing the board today. I am praying for all of you and wishing everyone a "losing" week!

Love,
Missy
Old 07-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Wow I missed a couple days and had a lot to catch up on!
I went to two demo's at the quilt shop in Ft. Collins today for thier Christmas in July sale. It was for two of the cutest quilts and they go together really quick. But the best part is that the teacher was just a doll. Do you ever go to something like that and if the teacher is enteresting and has that fun personality it just makes the time there so much fun. She had so many neat little quilting tips and hints that were more fun than the quilts she was demonstating!

I love all of the neat ideas for the ornaments and things to sell. I really love the journal covers. I want to try one.
Missy I LOVE your quilt, please do post pictures when it is done! Hang in there I am sure things will improve with your daughter. They can be influenced for a while but the truth has a way of becoming obvious after a while, when they get a little older.
Lisa I am glad you are back!:)

MJ you are full of neat ideas! I love the book marks also. I hope things improve and your doctor appointments have positive outcomes. I know the evil ups and downs of insulin because of my daughter. Too much insulin=weight not enough=high sugars and all of the risks from that. Her doctors say its like trying to keep a teeter totter level. Very frustrating!

Lisa I used to love Bev Lewis books but I am all caught up and waiting for a new one to come out. I also like any historical fiction books. I am reading Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas it is good so I am going to read some of her others.

Well things are better around here, not great but better. I am not eating the way I need to but I am not eating m&m's by the pound either.(oh yes I have done it before....more than once! :oops: )Don't want to ever go back to that again.
I have another demo class tomorrow too it is for the cutest place mats. So I will have my oatmeal in the morning and then my favorite lunch when I go to Fort Collins, A cup of hot and sour soup from Panda Express. It is only supposed to be 150 calories in a cup. Yummo! even if it is hot as heck here! :thumbup:
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Wow I missed a couple days and had a lot to catch up on!
I went to two demo's at the quilt shop in Ft. Collins today for thier Christmas in July sale. It was for two of the cutest quilts and they go together really quick. But the best part is that the teacher was just a doll. Do you ever go to something like that and if the teacher is enteresting and has that fun personality it just makes the time there so much fun. She had so many neat little quilting tips and hints that were more fun than the quilts she was demonstating!

I love all of the neat ideas for the ornaments and things to sell. I really love the journal covers. I want to try one.
Missy I LOVE your quilt, please do post pictures when it is done! Hang in there I am sure things will improve with your daughter. They can be influenced for a while but the truth has a way of becoming obvious after a while, when they get a little older.
Lisa I am glad you are back!:)

MJ you are full of neat ideas! I love the book marks also. I hope things improve and your doctor appointments have positive outcomes. I know the evil ups and downs of insulin because of my daughter. Too much insulin=weight not enough=high sugars and all of the risks from that. Her doctors say its like trying to keep a teeter totter level. Very frustrating!

Lisa I used to love Bev Lewis books but I am all caught up and waiting for a new one to come out. I also like any historical fiction books. I am reading Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas it is good so I am going to read some of her others.

Well things are better around here, not great but better. I am not eating the way I need to but I am not eating m&m's by the pound either.(oh yes I have done it before....more than once!
Thank you so much! I know that what you are saying is true about my DD. It is my heart that aches to know how my daughter is doing and for her to know just how much I love her.

Oh Cathie's sister who was diagnosed last month with breast cancer and had a double radical mastectomy was told this week that they saw some places on a chest x-ray that are suspicious. They have scheduled a biopsy on the 20th. She is older than Cathie (who is 62) and I dearly love her. It is just heartbreaking knowing that there is a possibility that her cancer has spread. My prayers are with her.

I would LOVE to take some classes! I love doing that but there is not a whole lot around here as far as classes are concerned. SO, I will plug away at being self-taught. It all works out in the end.

I am glad that things are getting better for you and that you are not eating candy by the pound! I want to stick my face in a platter of brownies so bad I can already taste it in my mouth. But, alas, I will abstain. *sigh*

Missy
Old 07-12-2011, 06:11 PM

The nurse called today and said they would schedule the doppler in the morning, some kind of screw up with the hospital. Good thing I'm not dead.

My blood sugar is out of sight now that I take less medicine, 267 today. We will see the evil numbers in the morning.

I ate very little today but it didn't help a lot.

Everybody keep up the good work. We will make it and triumph!
I AM Losing weight.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 AM

Good morning! My blood sugar is 166 this morning. Yippee! Now to get in under 120...

I hope ya'll have a good day. Drink lots and lots of water.

I had my fav veggie supper last night, onions, squash and taters cooked together in a skillet (yes, a little oil but not much, sprinkle with cornmeal and salt and pepper) and fresh sliced tomatoes, cornbread and beans. I stayed within my portion sizes. Delicious!

Those headbands are selling here like crazy. Even my nieces made some by hand and sold them at the craft fair.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:49 AM

I have not been on for a few days. Lots going on and but still walking. On a normal day I can get in about 5 - 7,000 steps but with the heat, loss of power in my area, I have not been as focused on walking.

The light are on again and the temperature more moderate, so back to the plan. Lost nearly 2 pounds and now it is keep it off until the end of the month time!

I have grand children coming to visit next week which could be a boon or bust. I certainly will be more active, but I will be preparing more meals and kids snack. It is hard to pass up a yummy summertime treat. Must think of melons, berries and skip some of their other choices. Watching quantitiy as well as quality of what goes in the mouth. Good luck to all of you as you work toward your goals.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:05 AM

Missy~ what branch is your daughter in? I am prior AF, and my husband is active AF! I'll keep your daughter in my prayers!

Whew! I'm on a roll! I got up again this morning and worked out! Got in a lifting routine and a 20 min cardio workout, And my kids are still asleep!

Weighed in and I've lost a pound since Monday! I'VE FINALLY BROKE MY PLATUE... now I hope I didn't jinx myself! Will be celebrating by eating dinner at CBW, one of my favorite healthy places to eat! Now please keep your fingers crossed ,that maybe by the end of this month I can loose those 5 lbs that I've been chasing since hitting my platue!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:02 AM

Good morning everyone!
Missy - I love your quilt and other projecxts. I haven't been quilting long enough to design my own. I just follow a pattern. I'll be praying for your daughter.
MJ - Glad your doing better. Once you feel better and your health is improved you blood sugar should stabelize.
I'm doing better today. My psych doc added a new med yesterday, reduced my anti-depressant and increased my anti anxiety meds. I slept better last night.
After I saw him yesterday I went swimming to help relax and also to get my exercise in.
My eating hasn't been to good with all the other stuff going on.
Gotta run I have a therapy appt in a little while. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Good morning everyone. I tried weighing again on my scale and came up with all sorts of different numbers. I am afraid to count the lowest number for fear that it really is the highest number. LOL I am off for a hair cut today (so at least I should lose an ounce or two) and then to check goodwill for a scale that works.

Good luck today.

Karen
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning! My blood sugar is 166 this morning. Yippee! Now to get in under 120...

I hope ya'll have a good day. Drink lots and lots of water.

I had my fav veggie supper last night, onions, squash and taters cooked together in a skillet (yes, a little oil but not much, sprinkle with cornmeal and salt and pepper) and fresh sliced tomatoes, cornbread and beans. I stayed within my portion sizes. Delicious!

Those headbands are selling here like crazy. Even my nieces made some by hand and sold them at the craft fair.
OH MJ!! I am so happy about your blood sugars!! That is a great thing! You are right though...next step is under 120! You will do it!!

I am going to be making some of the headbands this weekend I think. I want to start putting together some of these crafts that I will be selling this fall at the craft fair. Also, if I have any problems making the headbands I will definitely be messaging you!

Missy