Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I like the pattern in mine, though the colors are a little bright. How did you know I like quilts set on point? Does it have a name?

Rita's mom. I'm drawing a blank, though I would paint it your favorite light color. The wall two of my machines are on now is not a light color. I am losing a lot of light I need to see to quilt - or to unquilt. It seems I'm doing a lot of frog sewing lately - rip-it, rip-it, rip-it.
Oh the fabrics can be changed to anything you want.

A name? According to my design software the block is called The Mayflower. Hmmm. Not sure if I like that. LOL!

I think you guys should come up with a name and see what happens. Hehe.

Missy
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Oh,my god!Is there a Dr or a nurse here?I always do our dr-ing around here unless it's really really bad.I took 2 #4ot fish hooks out of Walt's fingers before,went thru all the way.glue-sewed several huge gashes.But tonight was a new one I never saw or had before.My hubby went to take a nap and got up and said he'd bloodied the sheets,well he was getting blood everywhere.I went to clean it up,then he says,it's squirting out like a leaky pipe.Well I go and look,and sure enough,his blood is shooting out of a pin hole and going everywhere.Well I grabbed a babywipe I had in my hand and threw it on it and told him to hold it,then got a pad and put in on really fast and taped it down tight and told him to put lots of pressure on it till it quite.Meantime,I get a bowl of water and start cleaning him up as he had blood everywhere where it sqirted out.I never saw anything like it ever.He must have popped a main artery some how.Anyway,he was fine other than a little shook up,but I never let on it was any big deal of course.Or he would of panicked.But he seemed ok,so I just fixed dinner and then he went to bed.I did however double tape the pad down so it wouldn't fall off.He said he nicked a scab.So I don't know what happened.Any Ideas?At 84 he's thin skinned,and probably just hit the vessle just right to pop the artery.Anyway,it did scare the crap out of me once I saw what it was.Never saw that before tho.
Oh my word! I am no doctor or nurse but that would have scared the crap out of me too! LOL!

I am so glad he is not squirting blood anymore!

Missy
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
since i can only afford one piece are you going to color it, embroider, spray paint, nail polish, blood of a thousand persian bad girls? what? i like the design very much. how about another border of a softer green? whatcha think?
I think that would be a great idea. I was thinking of muting the colors in general. I just did not dive deep enough into my library of fabrics. Just imagine your favorite fabrics with my design.

I sooo love quilt designing!!!

Missy
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM

xylie-- the things our dh's put us thru! quick thinking on your part. if you check it in a bit and it hasn't quit bleeding, i'd suggest a trip to the er. also, check to be sure he's not getting bleeding under the skin--it will look puffed up like a large blood blister. please tell me he is not on coumadin!

missy-- are you going to send me the fabric requirements and the directions, puleez?

rita'smom--do you have music? and or tv? a small refrigerator for fruit, veggies and ice for your water? and telephone, so you don't have to jump up to get it/ find it in another room?
I sure could if you wanted me to. Give me some time to write them out. I am leaving for Texas tomorrow so I am not sure how much time time I will have today but I will do it! I am glad you like the design. I thought it was a real eye catching design. Oh can you tell me again how big you want the quilt?

Missy
Old 07-24-2011, 07:46 AM

missy-- queen size. no hurry! i can easily wait till you get back! have a few other things i'm in process on! thanks so much!!, h &k, n
have a fun trip!! i'll be hitting native soil soon as there's a baby!

7k, n
Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 AM

missy-- queen size. no hurry! i can easily wait till you get back! have a few other things i'm in process on! thanks so much!!, h &k, n

7k, n
Sounds awesome to me! Babies are so wonderful!

Missy
Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 AM

thanks! i've been told grandbabies are the best kind!! we'll see!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:07 AM

Xylie, I had a blood clot in my shin area. By the time I got ready to go to ER, the skin had burst and the clot was pushed out, so I stopped the bleeding and went back to bed. For the next several years, for no reason, blood would shoot out of that area. It was particularly prone to occurring as I dried off after a bath. Blood would squirt all over for at least 45 minutes. 'Course, if I hadn't felt the need to peek so often, it might have clotted sooner. The hole would be very small, but the damage to the walls wasn't. I finally got tired of it making me late that I had the doctor sew it up after some chopping. I don't know just what he did - I didn't watch. End of blood spraying. Lab results were screwy, but nothing serious.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Well,I went over to Ivy's house,my neighbors who's hubby died a month ago,and she needed a rifle put under her bed.She has a really bad knee and needs surgery,poor thing.Anyway,she is crafty.In her bedroom,she had all matching fabrics.She had a real pretty fabric as a main which was a white/ivory background with purple lilacs and green ivy and a few other colors in it.She had a small wall quilt over the bed in triangles,and made the lamp shade,and curtains,and scarves out of this fabric.As well as the bed covering,and pillow cases with a ruffle and ivory 2 inch wide lace.It looked REALLY pretty.So,I am going to do our bedroom like that too.Of course we could use any fabric.

7k, n
Old 07-24-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Xylie, I had a blood clot in my shin area. By the time I got ready to go to ER, the skin had burst and the clot was pushed out, so I stopped the bleeding and went back to bed. For the next several years, for no reason, blood would shoot out of that area. It was particularly prone to occurring as I dried off after a bath. Blood would squirt all over for at least 45 minutes. 'Course, if I hadn't felt the need to peek so often, it might have clotted sooner. The hole would be very small, but the damage to the walls wasn't. I finally got tired of it making me late that I had the doctor sew it up after some chopping. I don't know just what he did - I didn't watch. End of blood spraying. Lab results were screwy, but nothing serious.
Well that's how this was.It was in the shin area too kinda down by the ankle.And shot our side-ways.I'll keep an eye on it,If it don't heal,I'll take him to get it fixed.He has the medicare suppliment to where we don't pay a penny.Except for the monthly premium.Ya,it was just weird.Never saw anything like it.