Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!! >

July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!!

July 2012 Weight loss adventure with a prize!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM

July FQ challenge participants: Let'see if we can get our quarters in on time this month. For me, it's just so easy to continuously forget when I leave the house.
createfourpaws
Vanogay
Brenda 21
cdmmiracles
Irishrose
Pam H
Everose
Jim's Gem
Sassey
Konnie
blondeslave
meanmom
quilthappyqail
nancia
3 1/2 yards of pretty blue fabrics.

Post often and consider posting a goal somewhere - mine is on my calendar. No one but me knows what the big 2 is - I want to lose 2 pounds this month. I am actually considering posting my weight right here every day. I certainly need to be more accountable. No, you do not have to do it, too. What you do need to do is plan. A former leader told us "If you want to meet a goal, you have to have a plan. Failure to plan means planning to fail." Planning begins in the grocery store or fresh food market. If you don't bring the chips or whatever your weakness is into the house, then it won't be in the house when a snack attack hits, but the apple will.

Off to clean - I'd rather be quilting.
Judy
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 AM

Truer words were never posted! I had pringles in the cupboard callling my name. They went into the trash! I live alone so anything in my cupboards was put there by me! I need to be more accountable while grocery shopping.
went to a cookout on the 4th and did very well
but I planned for that. I knew ahead of time what I would allow myself to eat and it worked. Need to do that planning everyday! Stay cool everyone and drink lots of water.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 AM

I might have a hard time in the snack department for a while. I am buying every little thing that my daughter wants to eat or that I think she might want to eat. I AM NOT going to gain weight because she is pregnant! It should improve a little when she moves out in 2 weeks. But maybe not. Her hubby will be working pm's so she will probably be at our house most evenings.
One more day of this heat in the midwest. Looks like I will survive.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 AM

back on track with walking now that a/c has been fixed and house is back to normal...already mailed my blue fabric to Cindy and cdm yours is in the mail for June. I'm working on three doll quilts rights now...first one just needs binding. Weather is SO HOT here in Texas! Going to try and get quite a bit of sewing finished this weekend.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:12 AM

i went to a baseball game last night. what fun! our team lost, 6 to 1. the pitchers just couldn't make it happen. i was sooo good. i told myself i could have 1 kosher hot dog with relish, mustard and ketchup, and a cold drink. and that's exactly what i did! no ice cream, no p'nuts, no cracker jacks. ooo, i think i sprained my arm patting myself on the back!. i did splurge and bought a couple trenton thunder t-shirts. we have another game coming up!
my other big news--- my brother se400 arrived! my friend vicky packed the box chockful of goodies! now, if i can find a place to put everything-- and how to use the machine--i will go to town! i bought a new bookcase to hold all the stuff my other bookcases can't manage! i'm sending vicky my serger since she has a friend who needs one. it's still in the original box, unopened, from 20+ yrs ago when i bought it. i hope it works! i'm pretty sure the warranty is up! i'm just glad it will be used and appreciated. well, ladies, i'm back to reading about my new machine ! talk to you later!
brenda-- it's hot here too! reminds me of home. so glad we have a/c! my poor sister is sweltering in dc with no electricity since friday or saturday. she's the kind who always has a freezer full of food, all garbage now! on the plus side, she works in an air conditioned office. bet she's working overtime!

Last edited by nancia; 07-06-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Great job planning and sticking to it, Nanci. Is that an embroidery machine? I think my serger is broken. It likes to break lower loopers. You get what you pay for and I went low on that one, though I did get a lot of use out of it in the past.

I went to a lily farm with my dark skinned daughter. It's 95 or so out there. The owner said umbrellas are mandatory today. K said no. The woman looked at me and said there's no option for you with that fair skin. I still am burned a little, but I have three new lilies to find spots for. K has many. Her fire last year destroyed so much of her landscaping that she's had to start over in several areas.

I have a love/hate relationship with AC. Love the cool although I hate the house closed up, but with a history of congestive heart fauilure it's not an option. The air is on. What's for dinner? Right now I can't think of anything I want except sugary things and that won't do. Salmon? That will do.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM

Greetings!!! We had almost 2" of rain last night - my lawn looks wonderful again. (green like it should at this time of year).

Working on a UFO and I need advice. I am doing a braided border because it needed something. On the right is just the 4 fabrics from the squares. On the left is the 4 fabrics plus the one I used for a small border. Which would you go with?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347176[/ATTACH]

Eating hasn't been to bad the last days. I did have a small loss and if I can keep this up it will be great. I am still adding extra fiber to meals and finally seems to be working. So take care and be good to you!!!
Attached Thumbnails pams-christmas-throw-001.jpg  
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM

I think I would prefer it without the white border fabric. I can pm my address. I see it say's Pam's Christmas throw. LOL
I'm off to the store to get some things for dinner. We are having green beans (from my garden!), corn on the cob and watermelon. I suppose we will need some meat to go along with it. Since hubby doesn't mind this heat, I will let him grill tonight.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Pam, I just went out and straightened the black roofed shed in this heat. My GD has had a change of plans and will staying with me for a few weeks. The problem is, the guest room has become a junk room. My wheelchair and rolling walker are so bulky they had to go. Now I have to water the flowers in the pots and walk the dogs. Geez, it sounds like I'm whining. Nah, I have a nice cool house to come back to. I'm glad the car has AC, too. I have to make a 200 mi RT to pick her up at the airport tomorrow.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich and green beans. I will have raspberries later. That's about all I have time for.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:56 PM

everose-- i'd use the fabrics on my right ( no light color). it sure is pretty!

THIS IS A HEALTH ADVISORY! TAKE HEED! july is national ice cream month. i feel unpatriotic not eating any. is that treasonous ? please take care, you could be caught unawares by a blue bunny! or get stuck in a breyer's patch! and when your not expecting it you could be mugged by ben and jerry! ooo, i've been haagen daaz like that! ( by now you should be so nauseated by the puns you won't want any ice cream for the next 24 days!) don't need to thank me, it's all in a daaz work

and yes, the machine is an embroidery machine as well as a sewing machine. it has an lcd screen and some bells, and whistles. but i still haven't come to the part where you set it up to do a 10 color design. o, and i don't have the right thread and stabilizers. yikes! it's a whole new wrld!!

Last edited by nancia; 07-06-2012 at 11:03 PM.