Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:32 PM

We have quinoa occasionally. I like to cook it with chicken broth and add a little garlic and minced onion or chives to it to give some more flavor. My daughter makes a really good "Mexican Quinoa" that is really good. I don't remember what all she puts in it besides Cilantro and garlic and onions. I should ask her.

We left the house way to early to think about stepping on the scale. I will step on it before church tomorrow. I am down maybe 2 or 3 or 4 lbs. Not much, but thankful I have not gained.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Pat, I hope you have a great time on your vacation. Be sure to check to see if the shrimp shack is still there. It was 6 years ago that I was there so who knows if it's still open.
I gained this month so no prize for me. But watch out in July; I am claiming it as mine!
Hubby went to visit his mom this weekend. I was going to go but decided not to in this heat. She keeps her house way too hot for me. It has been 2 months since I have been home for a weekend and I am really enjoying it. It's kind of scarey how much I like being home alone. I worked in the garden this morning, did some cleaning this afternoon and have been working on my mystery quilt this evening. It's been a great day except for the migraine (3rd day in a row) from the hot weather. Tomorrow I am not going to work in the garden to see if I can go a day without a migraine.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM

I have never had a migraine to the best of my knowledge, but I have been having an occasional headache. My son told me to drink two fulls bottle of water. I spared him my thoughts on my drinking that much at once, but I have been drinking more and have had no headaches. I'm amazed you do can anything with a migraine.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 AM

I will have to do some checking on quinoa. Flax seed is adding fiber, but doesn't seem to be good for my intestines. I know I'm drinking enough water - maybe more than normal, but ...

Mom is somewhere else today. Wants to go home. Back to now believing that this is not our house. Going to be a long day. She wanted to get up at 6:30 a.m. and I said NO. Put her back to bed and now I'm paying for it with attitude. Yesterday she slept until 11:00. Okay, I'm whining. Time to get the quilting out and play.

I only have a couple strips to put on the daisy quilt and I decided that I need to work on a UFO before I start a new project. Although I did make a "tea wallet/cozy" that is really cute. Also saw a pattern for a pincushion that was so cute, made a couple and sent them off in the mail.

Be good to you!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 AM

Sent my PM for June's weight loss. I read the comments here every day, but didn't always log in and make comments, so may not even be eligible for getting those wonderful Red, White and Blue FQs. Oh, well, I know better and will do better in July. When I can sign up, I"ll be sure to be there.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 AM

I have been so bad this month. I can't believe it is July 1st already. I just posted the new thread for July.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post5330856

Here is the link. I am sorry that I have not been around much.

Good luck every one. I have only lost 4 lbs. but have lost 4 inches. dropped from a size 18 to a 14
Old 07-01-2012, 09:09 AM

Who was the winner for June....I will need you to PM me your address so that I can send you your fabric since I was naughty and didn't get it off to Cindy. Congrats to everyone who lost anything!!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Who was the winner for June....I will need you to PM me your address so that I can send you your fabric since I was naughty and didn't get it off to Cindy. Congrats to everyone who lost anything!!
Winner will be announed on the 2nd, to give people time to PM their weight loss to me.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 AM

I'm not even bothering to weigh in this month. Next month will be better. Although I don't feel that I really lost anything in July I am able to get into a couple of pairs of capris that didn't fit last month. I had my follow up with the orthopedist on Friday. My back is much better and no more numbness in my lower legs but my knees were still cranky due to the arthritis flare up. Anyway, we decided to do cortizone shots in both knees. Wow what a difference. The only downside is that the cortizone triggered a migraine Friday night and between not sleeping Friday and Saturday due to the headache I wasn't as productive as I needed to be. I had to cancel a quilting class for Saturday-my head hurt so bad I couldn't think. I was the only student so the instructor will reschedule thank goodness. I finished gardening yesterday just before the thunderstorm and hailstorm started. My head is almost back to normal this morning now if my stomach will just get the memo. My knees are so much better I'd do it all over again even with the migraine. Congrats to our winner for June whoever they are.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 AM

Blondeslave, so glad that the Cortisone shots work for you. I have had 10 between the 2 shoulders 2 in my foot and one in the knee and they do NOTHING for me! I go into it each time thinking "Ok, this is going to work" but alas.......

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!