Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM

May's winner is Everose. Congrats on your loss and keep up the good work.

I have lost a total of 58 lbs since October last year. Now I am needing to do more toning up than anything else. I am starting to see my figure again. Haven't since that since before the kids came along too many years ago.

Good luck everyone.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 AM

Well as the returning members know I haven't been on the board much due to work. Well unfornately that won't be a problem any more as I lost my job on friday. So I am among the ranks of unemployed. I will be looking for work outside of being in a hospital. I don't know that I want to work those long hours again. Will see what comes up and maybe even consider a career change.

I finally finished my purple gumball quilt and as soon as I get a picture of it I will post a picture. It came out great. The pattern calls for 30 squares, mind has 48 square. This will be on my Eastern Star Alter when I am installed as the head of the chapter.

Have a great remainder of your weekend.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Cindy, those were good news/bad news posts. It wonderful that you have lost 58 pounds, but not wonderful you have lost your job. Let's hope it's a window to a new opportunity for you. I'm anxious to see your quilt. The pattern is much prettier than the name.

Everose, congratulations. It's hard to be the winner when you don't have that many pounds to lose. Well done!

Weight control starts at the grocery store. If you don't purchase things that sabotage your loss, then they won't be in the house to snack on.

I AM gaining control of my eating habits and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM

WOW!! I won - I'm a big looser! Thank you ladies for all your support. Many times I wanted to say "WHO CARES", but I know that I do. The hard part is that even with me loosing almost 30 lbs, my family hasn't responded to it. Not a "you look good" or anything. Only a couple friends have said something. I know I don't have a lot of weight left to loose, but I got down to the single diget clothes again and now I want to get into the dress I wore for our wedding. I have until the end of Sept to firm up and surprise my DH. So now you all know my goal.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:52 PM

Forgot, dah....

nancia - I have done two bargellos, but I think they are so pretty. I did the waving flag and aChristmas wall hanging. But the spicy swirl is one of my next ones. So whenever you are ready, let me know. Irish, said it was fun after the first one. I think they would make great gifts.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 PM

Oh no, Cindy. All those long hours you have been giving them and they do this to you. That's not right. I hope you find a job that is just perfect for you. Awesome job on your weight loss!
Congrats Everose!
I need to get back to my packing. I did 5 loads of laundry today so I should have some clean clothes to take. Tomorrow morning it is off to the Emerald Isle! Next weekend I will be at the International Quilt Fest of Ireland. I can't wait!
Old 06-02-2012, 02:32 PM

I'm in, even though it is June 2nd, not the first. I need to lose and to have the motivation to lose. I'm glad to have found your post.

As for quilting, everything has been on hold this spring, as I've been attempting to keep up with all my volunteer activities. Boo! Hiss! More later. Will PM you, createfourpaws, for the address.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:15 PM

I am in again too. Didn't get you my loss, but that's ok. I stayed even. I explained in May's thread. Too tired to re-type right now!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:31 PM

Cindy, congratulations on losing so much weight. Doesn't it feel great. That is awful about your job. All that overtime and then cut you. It doesn't make sense. Good luck in your job hunt. I am thinking of a career change too but not sure what I want to do. I would train for something but don't feel I could commit to much schooling. Any ideas of a new career?
Everose congratulations on your win. WOW you are a big loser! I have lost 40 pounds and very few people have noticed. KInda depressing isn't it. But I can tell and I am the most important person in this journey.I just bought 35 pounds of ground beef and carried it downstairs to the freezer. It is pretty impressive that there is that much of me gone.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:49 PM

here is the picture of my purple gumball quilt. There are 20 purple batiks in this quilt. 48- 12 in blocks.
Attached Thumbnails purple-gumball-quilt-web-size.jpg