Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:06 PM

I had a very busy day. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when you are wide awake at 6:00AM and get moving. I showered, made breakfast for me and my DH. Packed his lunch, when to the grocery store, put it away and went to my Weight Watcher meeting. Then to spinning class and came home and made dinner for us and my mom. Froze a huge pile of broccoli from the garden. Ate lunch and sprayed my house for ants and planted some flowers. Then I returned something to the mall and sprayed my moms house for ants and pulled her weeds. Then I visited with my mom and dad for a while. Came home and warmed up dinner Then we went to a graduation party. Came home and cleaned up the kitchen and collapsed.
I behaved myself pretty well this week and also went to spinning class 5 times this week. This was too much. I was dragging in class this morning. I usually ride about 20 miles in class and burn between 500 and 600 calories. I was down 4 pounds this week. Woo Hoo! I think I will do less spinning next week and try to make it to 2 days of water aerobics.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:01 PM

Good evening ladies. I have had a very busy day myself. Got up early did some cleaning before heading to the Texas Rangers baseball game. It was very humid and hot at the game and have a little bit of sunburn. I did have a strawberry chill at the game, but brought my own food and didn't eat as bad as you can at the game.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Good grief Pat. I am exhausted just from reading about your day. I am still sick. My daughter thinks I might have pneumonia. She could be right. I don't have the energy to do anything. Since I can't smell anything I also can't taste food so I don't really care about eating. We went to a dinner theater tonight to celebrate our anniversary. This place has the best food in the area. I ate a few bites and had the rest packed up to take home. Hopefully I will be able to taste it tomorrow or the next day.
Cindy, I don't know how you can cope with that heat. I'm pretty sure I would melt. LOL
Old 06-16-2013, 05:07 AM

Pam you need to take care of yourself. Maybe head to the doctor. I have another busy day ahead of me. Since it is Fathers Day I plan to bake a lemon meringue pie . That is my dad and DH favorite. Hopefully I can stay out of it because I love it too. I was going to take my dad a little custard cup full to eat. He is eating and drinking almost nothing. Today is my parents 62nd anniversary. Not sure how to mention it to my mom. I will see how things are when I get there.
My house is totally destroyed. I haven't properly cleaned it in ages. I have out of town company coming tomorrow, so I need to get it cleaned up. My GS has been here a lot so there are toys everywhere. I think my DH and DS are pigs. My SIL says they are untrainable. Hopefully I can get them to help today.
I am making a quilt for my nephew. He is paying me to do it. I have it ready to layer to quilt. I hate doing that. Hopefully I can get that done today. I have tables set up in the basement to do it on. The lighting down there isn't very good so it is best to do it during the day.
I need to get off the computer and get to work on the laundry and cleaning. My sister is back from vacation so she is cooking for mom tonight. Yeah. One less thing to do. I overdid it with the spinning classes last week but it is a great stress reliever. Hopefully everyone can have a good week.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:07 AM

I haven't lost in 2 weeks and my scale actually shows a gain of 2 lbs today. I can't believe it. Yesterday for breakfast I had an egg whit omelet filled with veggies and a bowl of fruit. Lunch was 1 cheese stick and carrots, dinner was sauteed mushrooms with lite sour cream and a dash of nutmeg on 2 slices of whole grain toast. snack was air popped popcorn. Of course, I slept about 4 hours during the day ( I have fatigue days with my auto immune disease) but I shouldn't show a gain, should I???? Still can't exercise with my back. Heck, can't even go shopping. it hurts too much.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 AM

How's everyone doing today? aw, Pete; I haven't lost in 2 weeks either but I'm holding steady. I don't think the pool work out is burning as much as walking the trails but it's just too hot to walk here now.

Pam, I sure hope you went to the doctor! Take care, Girl!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

At this moment I am baking some muffins using only a box of cake mix and 20 oz of diet soda. That's it. It was told to us by my husband's Endocrinologist who specializes in diabetes. I don't know how it will be, but I will let you know.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:37 PM

JuneBillie you will have to let me know how the muffins. I have heard of the recipe but have never tried it. I did make muffins once using canned pumpkin. You just take a cake mix and stir it in to a cake mix. I used chocolate and it was good. It makes a very dense cake. It didn't taste like pumpkin.
Yesterday was a month since my dad fell. It was also my parents 62nd anniversary. He isn't doing well at all. Mostly sleeping. The nurse will be coming tomorrow and we will hear what she thinks. I am worn out. I am sure my mom is. We have been spending the night there as my mom is afraid she will come out in the morning and find him dead and be alone with him. I also have my SIL here visiting for the week.
I might also end up in jail for murder before it is all over. I might have to kill my younger sister. SHe is so self centered she is driving us nuts and just adding to our stress. My older sister and I are pretty much handling everything and all she does is come in and add to the stress and mess things up.
Well enough venting for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
Pat
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Well, I did eat some of the muffins. They taste good, but are not dense like the ones with pumpkin. I think the diet soda help them to puff up, but they tend to go back down some. It seems like they go back down to not much, but the taste is good. I will give some more recipes as I find them.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Pat, I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I know how sisters can be. None of us will tell if your sister ends up dead. LOL
I am feeling a little better today. I'm coughing less anyway. I went for a massage today and she did some cupping on my lungs. I also went to the chiropractor. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.
Here is some info I got at a seminar recently:
5 Keys for how to lose 10 lbs fast
1. Eliminate sugars
2. Cut out grains
3. Remove bad fats and add good fats
4. Eat very little fruit
5. Avoid toxins
I'm sure it would work if you could actually stick with it.