Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Pat, I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I know how sisters can be. None of us will tell if your sister ends up dead. LOL
I am feeling a little better today. I'm coughing less anyway. I went for a massage today and she did some cupping on my lungs. I also went to the chiropractor. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.
Here is some info I got at a seminar recently:
5 Keys for how to lose 10 lbs fast
1. Eliminate sugars
2. Cut out grains
3. Remove bad fats and add good fats
4. Eat very little fruit
5. Avoid toxins
I'm sure it would work if you could actually stick with it.

Hmmmm.... i could do this except for the fruit....little fruit in the summer ohno oh noooooo
Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 AM

Sounds like some of you have had some tough days. I'm there with you, caring for parents and trying to get adult kids on the right path. It does drain one so. Plus this week my office is going on retreat. Team building, oh joy!! I'll have my iPad and maybe get caught up with this thread and some others. A night to put my feet up and not have to go tuck the folks in bed, makes it almost a holiday. When the retreat is over I'm going to check out a LQS I haven't been to yet. My friend is taking me and I'm looking forward to that. Do I need fabric? No. Will I buy fabric? Of course, that's part of the fun!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM

I haven't killed my sister yet. Still considering it. She is just sooooooooooooo annoying and self centered.
I made me some chocolate candies today to use for nerve pills. You melt a bag of chocolate chips and stir in a half cup of peanut butter then stir in one of the bags of fiber one. Scoop it out on waxed paper. Somewhat healthy candy. Dad seems to be a little bit better today. I missed my spinning class today because of a meeting with the hospice nurse. I am hoping to get a quilt layered today and possibly start quilting it this evening. My SIL is here visiting. She has some plans for this afternoon and early evening.
I am trying to eat healthy. Doing ok not great.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:42 AM

WOW where is the time going??? It seems time is flying by so fast the older we get.

Laurijo----I received your FQ on Friday. Sorry for not letting you know.

Keep up your hard work ladies, what are we all working on? I have been working on some UFO's. I have 3 finished, a binding on the 4th one that I hope to complete this weekend.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:01 AM

Sorry I haven't posted a Taboo Tuesday this week. I have been up to my ears with feeding a mission team that has come into Tennessee to help with those in need. Our church has been feeding them breakfast and dinner. There have been 86 at breafkast and 105 at dinner. Getting up at 5:15 each morning when you're not used to it, ouch. Like I said, that has consumed me and haven't looked around for a good weekly tip - so, let's use Pam H's tip -
5 Keys for how to lose 10 lbs fast
1. Eliminate sugars
2. Cut out grains
3. Remove bad fats and add good fats
4. Eat very little fruit
5. Avoid toxins
Try it out and see if it works for you (and me)~ EAT HEALTHY
Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
WOW where is the time going??? It seems time is flying by so fast the older we get.

Laurijo----I received your FQ on Friday. Sorry for not letting you know.

Keep up your hard work ladies, what are we all working on? I have been working on some UFO's. I have 3 finished, a binding on the 4th one that I hope to complete this weekend.
I started a table topper with some of the FQ I won last month. I'll take a picture when it's finished. I, too have a few UFOs to finish up before I start my DGD's birthday quilt. My I Spy quilt is still not quilted & it's been ready over a year.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:53 AM

The fruits that are allowed on that plan are Granny Smith apples and all berries.
here is what I have been working on. Notice in the center where I wrote out her name. I forgot to cross the T so will have to do that by hand.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM

I'm back from my travel and hate to have to admit that I didn't eat well at all and did not drink enough water. Have not excercised and have been very stressed at work. Things should start calming down now, though, so I'll try to stay positive. My back is bothering me a lot and I'm starting to feel my knees and hips (because I have not been doing my yoga).

Have not had the chance to quilt lately, but things I have going now are: hand pieced all pink & white Drunkard's Path, Dear Jane (working with the thread here on QB).

I'm afraid to step on the scale. But, tomorrow is another day. I can get a fresh start. I did go out to dinner tonight and ordered the Panera steak and bleu cheese salad. I didn't like it as well as their fuji apple salad. I brought half of it home. Maybe if I heat the steak in the microwave and have the rest of it for lunch it'll taste better to me.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

Oh my goodness Pam, that quilt is so colorful and pretty. I just love it, and it's so cheerful. You did such a great job on it.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 PM

I posted a picture of a quilt I've been working on. It's in the pictures. I just finished it and now have to quilt it. I also posted pictures of me and my husband and our son, I think on the "Chat page". Wednesday was our 37th anniversary and our son's 33rd birthday.
I was up Tuesday when I went to weigh. I'll see Thursday if I've lost some of that water I retained.