Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >

June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 PM

Pam, your quilt is beautiful. I love colorful quilts!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:31 AM

Pam the quilt is beautiful. I love bright colors and lots of color. I haven't gotten much quilting done lately. I have been spending a lot of time running back and forth to my parents house. I have usually been going twice a day. It is about a 25 to 30 minute drive so I am killing a lot of time. My dad continues to hang in there. I don't know what is keeping him alive as he eats almost nothing. Maybe a tbsp a day and drinks very little. HIs kidneys and liver are failing. he was awake when I was there last night for a little while.
I also have my SIL here for a visit. My husbands sister. We have been having a good time running around. Unfortunately this involves a lot of going out to lunch etc. Also this leaves very little time for exercise. My SIL is going to visit some old friends today so I will go to my spinning class and then to my parents I did get my quilt layered to quilt and hopefully will get a little bit of time to work on it this afternoon. I am anxious to get it finished because I want to start something new.
Lots of yummy vegetables starting to come in from the garden so this will help with my eating.
Pat
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 AM

Pam, I love your baby quilt!!! What is the name of the pattern? I need to make a baby quilt soon too (such joy in those!) You did an excellent job with color choice and the quilting is awesome.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM

Thanks for all the kind words about my quilt. It is called Spinners from the book Jelly Babies. This is the only thing I worked on last week at my quilt retreat. It is probably the first time I am kind of proud of my quilting although I discovered it is very difficult to quilt straight lines with a quilting/darning foot. LOL
Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I posted a picture of a quilt I've been working on. It's in the pictures. I just finished it and now have to quilt it. I also posted pictures of me and my husband and our son, I think on the "Chat page". Wednesday was our 37th anniversary and our son's 33rd birthday.
I was up Tuesday when I went to weigh. I'll see Thursday if I've lost some of that water I retained.
My anniversary pix are on the Diary page. haha

I weighed today...down 2.6 lbs. My total now is 37.4 since Jan. 1st. I'm getting close to that 40 lbs. off but it sure is slow! Water seems to help me the most. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning, but it helps flush out the sodium my body doesn't need. I try to eat very low sodium products too. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
My anniversary pix are on the Diary page. haha

I weighed today...down 2.6 lbs. My total now is 37.4 since Jan. 1st. I'm getting close to that 40 lbs. off but it sure is slow! Water seems to help me the most. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning, but it helps flush out the sodium my body doesn't need. I try to eat very low sodium products too. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
congrats on your continued weight loss. Keep up the good work. I know that the water is a big help for me too. I add lemons or limes to give it alittle flavor.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:37 PM

I made shrimp for dinner. We don't have it very often because it is too expensive. OMG was it delicious. I was going to add a little bit of white wine to it and we don't have any. I guess I drank it all. I cooked the shrimp until it was almost cooked and I took a little bit of butter buds and dissolved it in water. And put that on it with some chives and a little bit of fresh basil. It needed something and I saw a bottle of coconut rum so I poured a little bit in and cooked it until nearly dry. It was so good.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I made shrimp for dinner. We don't have it very often because it is too expensive. OMG was it delicious. I was going to add a little bit of white wine to it and we don't have any. I guess I drank it all. I cooked the shrimp until it was almost cooked and I took a little bit of butter buds and dissolved it in water. And put that on it with some chives and a little bit of fresh basil. It needed something and I saw a bottle of coconut rum so I poured a little bit in and cooked it until nearly dry. It was so good.
Shrimp is my favorite, I buy cooked frozen often and thaw it out to put in my salads that i take to work. And yes it is expensive. I eat alot of seafood.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM

I love shrimp, well really most all sea food, but I find that I don't lose weight if I eat alot of shrimp.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:06 PM

Mmmm shrimp! My fave!