Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: June Weight Loss 2015

Leann, glad to hear that bad day is behind you. My second daughter had a similar experience with her first one, but not the second. I think my oldest daughter did, too, those hers was in the night. It's all to the good now. No, in answer to what people think, my knees are fine. They didn't get their bad knees from me.

Pat, you are doing amazing. It sounds like that wedding was a fantastic experience.

What are you working on? I have a batik throw with a Tree of Life panel in the center. So far I like it a lot.

Good wishes to all of you. Remember, it's I AM losing weight and becoming healthier. Will denotes the future and you want it to be current.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by purpleleaf View Post
    I'm going to definitely join you all for July's! I've been struggling with my weight since I was a teenager, and on top of that, I just had two kids back to back. While I did well during my pregnancies and I'm now lower than my pre-preg weight (yay!) I still need to lose a lot (~90lbs to go).
    Welcome Erin! My DD just had a her second child and is also working her way down in weight day by day. Best wishes. You want to be as healthy as you can for both them and yourself.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Leann I am glad you are through the first one. I will have you in my prayers, and that you have it easier with the other one.

Pat what an amazing wedding. It sounds beautiful, and quite the show. You have done great on your walking.

Welcome Erin, and glad you are here with us.

Blog Entries
    The scale isn't moving but I have been exercising. Eating hasn't been awful but not the best. I went back to yoga for the first time last night. I was concerned mostly about kneeling on my knee. Today things are fine so I will try again next week before I sign up for the next class. I also rode my bike today. My replaced knee felt fine the other one was kinda stiff. I rode about 4 miles. Hopefully it will be OK tomorrow. I am heading to Hilton Head on the 27th and we hope to ride bikes around the island.
    It is really hot and humid here right now. It is supposed to rain off and on the next several days. I will have to get out to walk or ride early in the morning. We are getting lots of zucchini from the garden. After asparagus , zucchini is my favorite veggie.
    Leann I hope things are going better for you. Hopefully you will be glad you had your knees done. Welcome Erin. I wish I weighed what I did when I had my kids. I have crept up quite a bit since then. Nice to hear from you again Judy. Hope you are doing well. I got my bad knees from my dad.
    Pat

meanmom it is good to hear you are able to get back to doing activities. Slow and steady. My dad had one of his knees replaced last year. It will all take some time.

Anyone else get all excited when their weight goes down to the next tens? I weighed xx9.6 this morning. I haven't weighed this in about 8 years.
    Anna Quilts

Doctor says the gallbladder has to come out. Anyone have experience with this they'd be willing to share. Please pm me.
    Anna Quilts

Hello everyone. After 11 days in the hospital, I am finally home. The plan is to rehab from here. Surgeon convinced my insurance to approve a rehab facility for me - but he was not comfortable with their choice and said I'd do better at home. The 2nd day after my 2nd surgery was almost as bad as the first one-but they are now both behind me. I think I've gained 15-20# - I look like a Pillsbury doughboy.

Thanks for your prayers. I hope to be posting more in the next few days.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Wow Lynne. That sounds bad. Were you on iv's the whole time? You should lose that quickly from numerous trips to the bathroom. Good luck with your rehab and recovery.

So I went to this local brewery for my DD's birthday. I tried some of DH's Mead drink and had a tiny slice of nice natural thin crust pizza.

Imagine the shock when I entered 4 oz of this Mead drink and found out-
    There are 356 calories in a 8.1oz serving of Mead (Honey Wine). Watch this drink! There were only 200 calories in the small slice of pizza.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I am glad you are home now Leann. I'm sure you are glad they are both behind you too. I haven't been showing a loss, more like the same. I think my meds now are just doing weird things. I didn't take some of my meds last night, because I felt so sick after I have been taking them. I want to get me some butter milk for the probiotic part of it. I like it anyway.

Blog Entries
    LeAnn I hope things are going better now that you are home. Hopefully you are up and around soon. I still can't imagine haveing both knees done at the same time like that. Let us all know how you are progressing. Hopefully in a couple of weeks you will be glad you did it.Yes Anna it is surprising how many sneaky calories are in some foods and drinks.
    It has been raining here for days. It finally stopped for a while this afternoon so I went for a bike ride. There is a bike path about a mile from my house that runs thru the park and along the river. It is a beautiful ride. I rode about 12 miles. I was going to do the whole path but the river was flooding part of the path so I turned around. KNees are both good and bad. My new knee felt fine once I got started. My real knee was a little bit stiff. It has been quite a while since I have been able to ride that far (or at all). My butt is sore from the seat. I always have to ride a few times to get over that. I am heading to Hilton Head next week and we hope to ride bikes there.
    The scale still isn't moving. I have been exercising quite a bit. I was on the elliptical for 45 minutes yesterday I guess the ice cream is messing up my weight loss. My son finished it today.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    )))Hugs(((((
    Hang in there. It is discouraging to not only not loose but then to gain is utterly frustrating. I know you quit WW but were you able to sign up with myfitnesspal like your DH? I use loseit app, scales, measuring cups and spoons. It is harder to do it on your own. Oh for the loseit app I only use what is provided free. If you can not use your phone for apps you can also do it online. Just go to their website.
    Thanks, Annaquilts!! I'm gearing up and feeling healthier again. I have not had a chance to drop the WW but it's on my to-do list. I'll check out the loseit app before I decide between that and myfitnesspal.

I am joining a few friends and we are going to take a Zumba class together. It's a lot of jumping around for me, but what a workout. I'm not that fast and I never jump, but I do manage to keep moving and break a sweat.

Leann, so glad you are back home and hope your recovery go fast.

It is so hot and humid here. It's good to see things growing in the garden. We put in green and red peppers, hot peppers, basil, cucumbers. I need to get some tomatoes - what we put in are not doing well (usually don't have any problem with them) and we better hurry if we're going to get them in this year.

Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I am joining a few friends and we are going to take a Zumba class together. It's a lot of jumping around for me, but what a workout. I'm not that fast and I never jump, but I do manage to keep moving and break a sweat.

It is so hot and humid here. It's good to see things growing in the garden. We put in green and red peppers, hot peppers, basil, cucumbers. I need to get some tomatoes - what we put in are not doing well (usually don't have any problem with them) and we better hurry if we're going to get them in this year.

Good luck to everyone.
    Woohoo on joining the zumba class. I am bad in the exercise department and it seems I get exhausted enough from everything i am trying to keep up with just living life.

Together with one of my adult sons I was growing tomatoes and tomatillos from seed but something ate all the tips and consequently left me with no tomatoes for the season. That was trays and trays of plants that got eaten. Sigh... So yesterday I broke down and bought 14 starter plants from the store. They now need to be planted. I also picked up some sweet and hot pepper plants. All my cucumber, squash and melon plants from seed look promising. I is getting hot though so hopefully they'll all last and will make it once planted.
    Anna Quilts

This might have been posted but I do not see it. Does anyone know the FQ theme for July, August and September?
    Anna Quilts

I have not lost a single pound in the past 2 months, but then I haven't even tried. On the other hand, I haven't gained either. I really have to knuckle down and get serious about losing. Hope everyone else is doing good. Got to lay off the Diet Cokes, eventhough I generally only have 1 like every other day, I know they are not good for me.

I keep seeing articles about how bad diet soda is. My DD is allowed to drink 1 per day during her pregnancy. I totally disagree with this and think that she should never drink it. It didn't seem to hurt her first baby so this one will probably be fine also. The baby was due saturday but seems to be taking it's time.

Blog Entries
    Anna I was thinking about the themes for the next 3 months this morning. I was thinking since it seems to be popular we are about due to repeat a couple of things. How does July -purple, August-batik , and September-blue sound? You can mail 3 at a time or just one it is your choice. It does save on postage to send 3 at a time. good luck to everyone.

Blog Entries
    All day long I have not had any energy. I wasn't sleepy just felt like sitting here doing nothing. I had a really hard time getting motivated to do anything. I finally decided to paint my flamingos that go in my front yard. They aren't finished but I got a lot done. Now that it is time to be getting tired I am wide awake.
    I have sen a lot of articles that say diet soda is bad for you. The artificial sweetener is supposed to make you crave more sweets. Also some people say it is a carcinogin. I decided to give it up a couple of years ago. I drink maybe one a month.

Blog Entries
    I had a wonderful Father's Day with my dad at the nursing home. We all brought food, drinks, ice, dessert, and he got gifts. We had plenty of room outside in the gazebo. Plenty of seating. Dad was showing us all his tomato plants and marigolds he planted in a raised bed. He was really proud of them. We all had a great day visiting with dad and each other.

Oh Pat did you get my fabric quarter? I sent it so just wondered.

Blog Entries
    Yes Susan I received your FQ. Forgot to post it. I ordered a dress online for the wedding I just attended. After I ordered it I realized it was coming from China. According to their site it should have arrived in time for my DD to bring it to me. It arrived yesterday. It is a size 2x. I was aftraid it would be too big. Ha Ha! not even close. I'm not sure it will fit my DD who wears a size small or medium. I love the dress, it is so perfect for me. I'm not sure the waist would fit my thigh. It was only $19 plus $5 shipping. It would cost $12 to return it. If my DD doesn;'t like it I guess I will give it to my SIL.
    Pat

Those Chinese sizes are often like that. I have yoga pants coming and am curious to see if they are any where near the size I'm expecting. I did go up a size, just in case. I ordered my dress for my grandson's July wedding from Pyramid clearance and it fits like it was made for me - though very short. For the one last Saturday, I found a crocheted dress at Target for $8. I had a pink print chiffony thing ready to wear, but at the last minute the crochet seemed more beachy.

Batiks in August?? I have regained a little of what I lost. I'll just 'have to' join in August - I never did win any fabric - let alone batiks, but the fellowship of like minded 'losers' is/was worth it.

Blog Entries
    I knew we were due for batiks! It has been a while. Not sure if batiks sound better to me or purples. I am trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day. Yesterday I was not only lazy but I forgot to put on my Fitbit. I only had 600 steps on it yesterday.I rode my bike today 16 miles. My butt is sore but everything else is fine.
    I am trying to behave myself eating. I am going to Hilton Head on Saturday. My brother and SIL order bad things from the bar at the beach. I keep eating it. We will probably go out to dinner a couple of times. I will have to walk a lot on the beach. They have water aerobics class every morning and yoga a few days a week. We will probably ride bikes too. Hope I at least don't gain.

meanmom a lot of places offer a steamed vegetable platter or a fruit platter. Of course there is always the old stand by of a salad. Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff coming up. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

Annaquilts, the Zumba class is tomorrow and I'm already dreading it. At least I've already arranged to meet my friend and it's in the morning (less chance of me talking myself out of it as the day goes on!!). It's been a few weeks since I've done it and I'm sure once I get over the first one I won't dread it as bad. I REALLY need it. I gave up on planting any kind of seeds, I just can't get them to grow to maturity. I always go for the starter plants.

JuneBillie, so glad you got to spend Father's Day with your dad. A phone call sufficed for me (he's too far away) but grateful to be able to talk to him.

The soda issue - I am so fortunate that sodas are not something that give me a big problem. I really feel for those folks that it's an issue for. When I was a kid I remember my mom drinking a cold Coke first thing in the morning. Back then the sight of Coke in the morning made me sick to my stomach!! Now, I occasionally 'get a taste' for a nice cold soda and I go ahead and drink it. Then I don't even think about one for weeks and weeks. I sometimes get the super small can sizes to have on hand-love the little ones. Many years ago, I worked in a grocery store and noticed that a lot of the people that bought the diet sodas were really overweight. I decided it might either be that we are just, in general, overeating or there is something in the diet formula. Now, I've heard so much about the ingredients that go in to the artificial sweeteners that they kind of scare me. My biggest weakness has always been sweets. That seems to be diminishing (don't get me wrong - I still struggle mightily with that one) but I'm more likely to be craving salty these days. My personal goal today: eat more vegetables and make sure I drink my water.

Have a great day, everyone.

The yoga pants from China arrived. the XL pants have been passed on to my massage therapist's eight year old daughter. He laughed when he looked at them. "Were these for you?" "Yes, and I ordered a size larger than I normally wear." It would have cost more to return them than I paid for them. She's a gymnast so I'm sure they will be used in the fall if not now. They were a pretty print, too, darn it. Perfect for summer.

Trouble with sweets? Go gluten free. Cuts way down on the choices. The only sweets I have regularly are Dove dark chocolates and with those I can choose a number I'm going to have in a day and stick to it.

I'm going to look into a senior exercise class. I love my yoga, but wouldn't mind a regular class. I think the one I want is too early in the morning for me but I'll check it out. I know my feet would never be able to do a Zumba class.
    Last edited by Irishrose2; 06-25-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast