Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: June weight loss

I received the beautiful yellow/orange eye candy fat quarters for my 5 lb. lose in April. May - I gained 1 lb. Now a new month and I went shopping today and bought a lot of veggies for salad.

I had 2 birthdays, 50th class reunion, Mothers Day, Memorial Day last month. Glad it was just 1 lb.

Pat, are you already back at work? I thought you'd really be laid up for quite a while.

School is not out for us until almost the end of June! Wish the kids could enjoy playing outside all day NOW before it gets hotter and more humid.

Blog Entries
    I started back to school yesterday. My leg was killing me last night. I do quite a bit of walking at school going from classroom to classroom. I need a fitbit to see how many steps I do. That is next on my list of things I need.
    My leg was throbbing last night. I took the heavy duty meds before bed. My shin was cramping up too. I asked the PT about it and she said it was from walking differently than I was used to. Hopefully it will be better tonight. It was hot and humid at school today. My undergarments were wet by the time I left work. It was gross. The people in the board office tell us it isn't that bad. They sit in AC all day.The AC in the teacher lounge broke and they claimed they couldn't afford a new one for us. The lounge has one small window way up high and we can't open the door as it is right across from the cafeteria. The principal told them we would all walk out if we didn't get one. We finally got one. School end June 13.
    I am missing the field trip tomorrow to the aquarium. It is one I wanted to go on. I am staying back and grading papers and making copies etc. My school is K,1,2 grades. Most of the kids will be gone. K is going to farm and 2 is going to the aquarium. Hopefully it will be a quiet day.
    I need some new Ideas for breakfast. My nutritionist has my very limited on bread type of carb. I just am not coming up with good ideas.

A big welcome to all our new members!
    Good plan, Pat, to skip the field trip tomorrow.
    If you are having trouble fitting exercise into your schedule, here is what worked for this gal.
    http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.co...rcise-a-habit/

Pat, I mailed my June FQ yesterday. Marie

meanmom .... on my low carb days these are my choices: smoothies, yogurt and fruit, almond butter or peanut butter mixed with nuts on apple slices. I found a recipe for low carb oatmeal (chia seeds, flax seeds and shredded cocunt) but have not tried it yet. Are you allowed gluten-free meals on your low carb days?

I've started walking each day, working up to a mile. But when knees hurt it gets hard some days. Going around the block with my dog helps but it's not enough to do the trick.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Yes, Pat, hope it's a quiet day and you do better with your leg.

Pam, thanks for the link. It makes sense!!

I was so stressed yesterday morning I bought a big candy bar and a Cherry Coke out of the vending machine. And I'm not a big soda drinker. I did better today and am about to go make dinner. I'll make a bigger veggie portion tonight to help make up for yesterday.

I just came to talk about stress eating and there's Cindy's post.
    I don't know any tools or tricks around it.

It is just one of those days I guess when all my everyday stress with my mom (89, advanced dementia) just gets ramped up to full throttle. I even missed a dr appointment and I hate myself for it. I even checked my appointment book this morning against the computer date. And still missed it.
    After pounding myself up, I went for a 1/2 mile walk down the road. Talked to the cows, talked to a deer, talked to a cat, tried to talk to a killdeer but she was too busy leading my up the path to bother answering.

To be honest it didn't help, but I'm glad I did it. 3K steps added to fitbit. Counts for something I guess.

Blog Entries
    I am a stress eater too. I was really stressed out last night so I ate at least 6 of the mini candy bars. Chocolate is the best medicine. My DH is making me crazy. He is really busy right now so he is driving me crazy when he gets home. He comes home all stressed out and stresses me out. I usually go upstairs to my sewing room when he gets like this. I couldn't last night. Also My DS is here and he was all wound up because he had a walk thru on his house today. It was crazy. On a good note my DS ordered a pizza last night and I didn't eat any of that.
    Once the kids left for the field trip it was quiet today. It was crazy before they left because it was pouring down raining. LIke buckets full. The 2nd grade just rearranged their schedule a little bit and they worked around the rain. The kindergarden was going to a farm. They were a muddy mess but had lots of fun.
    My teacher friend pointed out to us all yesterday that our last day of school is on Friday the 13th and there is a full moon. Wow it will be crazy.

hi, well it took a bit scrubbing, rust remover, and replacing the needle but happy to say my scale still works.. thou I think it went into shock when I got on it ~ lord knows I did !

Sorry everyone has so much stress. I really don't. I sometimes eat out of anger which might be kind of the same as stress. I am having a good day. I babysat and she was good. Went to WW - was down 2 lbs but was closer to 4 since I was up last week and didn't weigh in. I just plugged in my activity monitor (thinking I hadn't done much today) and I was at 98% and already have 3 activity points. I will get up and jog in place for a bit to get that last 2%. I am still trying to get up and move every hour if I am not being active. Next week I will be at a quilt retreat M-W. Haven't even started getting ready for that.

Pam, that is great. Just moving was my incentive to get the FitBit. I've had four pedometers (cheap) and when the battery has died I couldn't find another like it, or resetting it was so complicated as to be ridiculous

With the fitbit I just put in my height and weight online and it estimates my steps from that.
    You can go and enter your stride, but close is good enough for me.
    Anyway, the point of my post is just wearing a step keeper helps me keep moving. Instead of going out the turn off the garage lights when I have a bag of compost and treats for the chickens I make three trips. Even little move the body actions add up.

I'm down another pound this morning. I don't weigh every day, but when I see a new number I never claim it until I've seen it twice.

So true, KQ! It's the movement all day long that really adds up. Doing a 20, 30, 45 minute workout is great but you have to keep moving all day long. Today should be an active day for me. I will walk to the store this morning pushing the stroller to get what I need for dinner. Then we will be going to the park/zoo to feed the ducks and see all the animals. I heard there is lamb at the petting zoo. Here's something to make you smile this morning. Farrell Williams is on the Today Show. He was singing his song "Happy" so I got up to dance with the baby. I happened to look out the window and the constructions workers were right outside. Oops!

Morning all!
    Well, I got out my trusty TOPS Exchange record & food diary and dusted off my favorite old WW recipe books that had the exchange system, woke up the scale and got on board June 1 st. Not much happened. It is very hard to walk much these days plus we have relocated to a beautiful little WI river town who's streets all go up to a startling angle. Then I had a head slap and got out my Nordic walking sticks! I felt really silly with them in TX, but here many people use them every day. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! It feels so good to enjoy walking again! No more sharp knee and hip pain (so far) while walking and I'm not sore afterwards. My arms are stiff and hands don't like it much, but it's really worth it. Plus it is good upper body exercise. Do steep hills double the step count? It's only fair.

Welcome Purl! And welcome to WI. I love it here. Except maybe Jan and Feb. LOL Your pedometer might not know you are walking hills but your body certainly does. You are getting a much better workout there than I do here in the flatland.

Quote Originally Posted by kariboo View Post
    hi, well it took a bit scrubbing, rust remover, and replacing the needle but happy to say my scale still works.. thou I think it went into shock when I got on it ~ lord knows I did !
    Too funny kariboo! Laughter is good.

Blog Entries
    And a drum roll please........ The winner for MAy is silverfoxmag! WIth a loss of 11.6 pounds. WOW awesome job. Keep up the good work. We had a lot of good losses this month. I will be sending out the 11 FQ to her soon.
    Everyone keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    I have FQ from the following people right now. Cindy A,Susanna 10, mateoh, Teddybear Lady,lauriejo, meanmom, Pam H, and Purl. I also have a FQ form Martha T in Pittsburg, KS not sure of the screen name. If this info isn't correct please let me know.
    Pat

Pat, Friday the 13th. Hmm . . . good luck with that!! Our last day is the 20th and we're going to have water day. The boys (all boys this year, no girls-my class if VERY loud!) are SO looking forward to it. That's all they hear me talk about, I don't think any of them really 'get' the part where that is our last day. If they did, I think they'd be sad.

KalamaQuilts, so sorry about what you're going through. Try not to worry about the appointment, I know it's upsetting, but it does happen even to the best. Wish I could come feed the chickens with you.

I keep hearing about the Fitbit, I may have to check into one.

Healthy choices today! I'm going to make sure I get my water in. It's getting hot here.

Congratulations Silverfoxmag!! That is really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    And a drum roll please........ The winner for MAy is silverfoxmag! WIth a loss of 11.6 pounds. WOW awesome job. Keep up the good work. We had a lot of good losses this month. I will be sending out the 11 FQ to her soon.
    Everyone keep up the good work.

Thank you Cindy and all of you for posting your encouraging words and stories throughout the month. This is a great group and I'm happy to be a part of it! The "Simple Start" of the WW program is what worked for me, no jumping right in and counting points and I could stay on that for as long as it's working. I'm wishing everyone a good month on your weight loss journey and I'm telling you if I could do it anyone could! I'm an old dog and I've just proven that you could teach an old dog new tricks! LOL

Great job, silverfox! That is a terrific loss! There was a woman in my WW group recently that lost 10 lbs her first week with simple start. I'd like to know how she did the next couple of weeks. It's a great program - if you can stick with it. I really like the not counting points part. But even counting points is kind of fun with the smart phone app - especially the scanner.

Congrats Silverfoxmag!! Great work! What a great weight loss. Am trying again this month, and so far have
    already done better than all of May Hopefully I can continue on this path.

Congratulations Silverfoxmag! That was an amazing loss and you must be so very happy. It is so very nice to see everyone working together on a common goal to get healthier. It would be nice to see a total weight loss from the group as a whole each month, along with the winning weight loss, something like the winner with a weight loss of .... , and then our groups total loss for the month was.......

Have a great weekend everyone!

would be funnier to add up our total lifetime weight loss. I must have lost 1000 pounds by now, the same 30 over and over again..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast