Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Rita's mom, Blue dog would love to go for a walk every day. You can vary the intensity to get a better workout - a short stint of intense walking (very short for me) alternated with regular walking. Research showed that that mode of walking burned more calories than just brisk walking. Go figure.
Irish you are right, she would love to go. When I got her that was my plan. But like alot of things, I didn't follow through with my plan. Walking would be the best choice for me because I don't have a gym near me and would not feel comfortable going yet. I will try changing the intensity like you said and see how that goes. We live in the country and I know it sounds dumb but I feel more comfortable walking in town than out here. But I am just going to do it till I get over it! lol
Thanks for the info. :)
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
HEY! wait a minute-- are we gonna let thusnelda and little roO win just like that? heck, NO! let's give' em a challenge!
how about pins and i will combine our lost weight against liitle roO and thusnelda's lost weight. is that allowed? no prize except bragging rights for one month. i always do better when there's a little competition. do you want to play? :D
oh, by the way, welcome ladies! glad we're all in this together! group hug!!!
You mean two US contestants vs. two Europeans? - LOL! :lol:

I'm not so sure about bragging rights, though. Bragging makes one complacent which might mean that one loses track of one's goal. :)
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm so glad I saw this. I really needed something to get me going. I am in a play the 3rd weekend in July and I need to lose as much weight as possible in the next 7 weeks. Woo hoo!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:41 PM

thusnelda-- you and little roO will have to get and keep each other motivated, and pinsnink and i will be doing the same. of course, if you want to be complacent we don't mind winning... i see a beautiful piece of swiss cotton in my future and perhaps a lovely liberty print from england.. haven't heard you three say you want to do it, tho. ;)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:48 PM

Rita's mom, I understand about walking in town feeling safer, but remember blue dog's breed. Our herders were born to protect and yours has the strength to back it up if she's anything like my Texas Heeler (Heeler/Aussie) was. I was always glad Sasha liked me! I wouldn't have wanted to be her enemy. I tried the intense walking for 60 second intervals tonight. It's not hard because it's so temporary. Because it was dark out, I also did some marching. I don't want my neighbors to think I've lost it totally. Funny thing, I left tired from planting flowers and mowing all day and came back more invigorated. I did get a rest period. My teen age friend had another ball game tonight. It was rained out, but they got in enough innings for another win.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
I'm so glad I saw this. I really needed something to get me going. I am in a play the 3rd weekend in July and I need to lose as much weight as possible in the next 7 weeks. Woo hoo!!
I'm really happy I saw this, too. I think it found it's way by accident into the main forum, that's why I saw it. It seems that it usually is in the chit-chat forum where I rarely venture for lack of time.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
thusnelda-- you and little roO will have to get and keep each other motivated, and pinsnink and i will be doing the same. of course, if you want to be complacent we don't mind winning... i see a beautiful piece of swiss cotton in my future and perhaps a lovely liberty print from england.. haven't heard you three say you want to do it, tho. ;)
No way! All these beauties will find their way to Europe. We will fight for them, won't we Little RoO? :lol:
Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Mary, MJ will annouce the winner, then we will each PM her for her address.

5 pounds, Xylie? Yikes, but I'll try. :wink:
Well,for the month.If we all could just do 5 pounds,or what ever our best is.Even 3 pounds.I think we could do 5 pounds tho.That's 1.25 pounds a week.{And keep it off,most important}.And 30 pounds in 6 months.Then we make head way.Then next month,we do it again.And I know we can do it together.Just 5 pounds.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:16 AM

i'm willing to give it a shot, xylie!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 AM

I want to join, I was just told by my Dr. I have to lose some weight even if its just a little it is better than gaining more. I am hoping I can lose at least 5 pounds.