Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 AM

Please do count me in!

Motivation:

What will you do today to establish or continue your goals for June? Have you set a specific goal?

My goal for this month is to lose 5 pounds, exercise more, and do a journal for weight loss. get more active, not just sit ( like crocheting, watching tv, doing the computer, and even quilting)

I'll not give up on any of these things, but just do more. I understand when we watch tv we can do some exercises in the chair while we watch the bloob tube so thats what I am going to start, maybe some dumbbells or that elastic band thing, even sitting on that big ball.....

to walk 3 miles , work up to it this month, and not let the heat be an excuse! or no gas money to go there to walk!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:38 AM

MJ the journal is really going to be a major challenge for me but I will try to journal dailey.

My goals for June are:
Stop the snacking at church on Sunday morning
Exercise a minimum of 5 days a week
Post on this thread dailey
Loose 4.5 lbs.
Journal dailey

Hope I can do all of this. It kind of looks overwhelming.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Jeanne
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 AM

I am joning. I am trying to loss but it has been a slow go. I am no longer under 40 and it shows in losing pounds. I need all the support I can get. Beth in Co
Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 AM

Count me in. I weighed this morning and have a goal. FQ's to get or send are less important than the encouragement from others on the same journey.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 AM

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on this group. I have been "lurking" around reading messages and find it so encouraging that their is a group of people out there who care enough to share each others ups and downs, highs and lows, and have probably never met each other. Just wanted you to know that I think you are a special group. I will try to journal and also to comment each day.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:38 AM

Count me in!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 AM

Thank you MJ for the challenge and motivational thoughts and questions. I am going to do my best to write daily, I have been battling some major depression the past few days. Not wanting to do anything. I need to get my butt out of my chair and get moving no matter how i move just get moving.

I will be writing my weight and goal on my bathroom mirror. It will be a good reminder each day. I will weigh in in the morning as I have already ate and drank this morning. I will put my weight up from the 30th.

I am praying that I can lost 2 lbs each week would love to lose 20 lbs before beach vacation in the middle of July, but need to be realistic about that one.

Good luck each and every one of us. May you reach your goals.

Have a blessed day.

Cindy
Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Irishrose. Mary
Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning, All!

I am giving everyone until midnight tonight to pm me their weight loss total for May. We have three people so far with over a 10 lb. loss! Amazing!

I will announce the winner tomorrow morning!

I have another challenge for you, one that I will do also. This will take a lot of perseverance for me. I want you to write something in a journal every day...I know (groan) journal's are tough and they get dull.

So, I will give you a journal question everyday in addition to (hopefully) motivating posts. There has been a proven link between physically writing thoughts and changed behavior. So I want to try for this month. Anybody with me???

Today's thought for the journal...
Depression is anger turned inward. What are you really angry about? I challenge you to write it down. Really explore the topic. Are you punishing yourself because you are angry with someone else? Maybe God? Maybe self?

Motivation: (I hope)
Today is the beginning of June, I know, not the first, but pretty close. What will you do today to establish or continue your goals for June? Have you set a specific goal? If not, I encourage you to do so. Write it on your bathroom mirror in dry erase marker...Want to lose 5 lbs? Write your beginning weight, subtract your target weight, and circle the end result. Look at it everyday so it will be your focus.
Yes,that sounds great.Will be a challenge for me alright,as I never even had a diary or anything.So,will be something new and different.And sounds like it could help us.Anything is worth a try I think.So,I'm game.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
Originally Posted by nancia
thusnelda-- if i lived where you live i would be blissing out on your chocolate every day! how do you resist it?
I'm actually not that fond of chocolate - so this temptation is luckily not that dangerous. But I'm generally very fond of eating, I quite like cooking and have a boyfriend who is a divine cook, so I don't need single temptations to get me into trouble. :)

But I did it once, so I will do it again and this is the right time. I lost 44 pounds (hope I did the conversion correctly) a couple of years ago without going on a diet, simply by eating healthy and doing loads of sports. Unfortunately, I had some health problems which prevented me from continuing with my sports program and now the pounds have "mysteriously" reappeared. But I'm back on track now.
Well,I like how you said "mysteriously" the pounds appeared.I gained 15 pounds 3 mo. ago,but not mysteriously,I endulged in cake,after cake,after cake,till I got on the scales and seen 15 pounds UP!.Ahh,that was my last cake.Now shooting for 150. {18 pounds}.Then I can have a steak dinner.Then go for the next 5 to 20 pounds.I'll be happy to lose 5 to 7 pounds this month,or any,as long as it's going down the scales! 160 would be great,even,where I was before the 15 pound gain.Good luck and welcome.