Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just want you to know about this >

Just want you to know about this

Just want you to know about this

Old 07-09-2011, 02:43 PM

God isn't done with you yet...you are still meant to do something on this earth. Thank you for the warning of symptoms. Us "youngsters" need to pay attention to our bodies and not overlook any unusual feelings. God Bless and keep on quilting.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:45 PM

I had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago, I had clots in both lungs, then ended up with kidney failure. Please pay attention to your body, most times you will recognize somethin wrong. I am glad you are doing better now.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:12 PM

happy to hear you went to the doctors and found it... Take your meds and becareful not to cut yourself. They say when you take blood thinners you need to be careful at first, take it slow and get tested again and again to see where your at in your blood.. My hubby has that in his lungs we just found out. and he has to go and check his blood every week..
Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm so glad to hear the happy ending. Thanks for sharing this advise with us. Happy loving and quilting.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:44 PM

You were in the arms of the angels that day. Welcome back.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:52 PM

So glad to hear that you got to the ER to get checked out before it became more serious.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:55 PM

We know our bodies better than anyone and when we aren't feeling normal and it persists have it cheecked out. I ingoned it and had a big heart attack. WOmen have different sysptoms than men do to certain things so have it checked out before you do serious damage to yourself.

God Bless you and glad they caught on time. :D :D
Old 07-09-2011, 10:58 PM

I am so glad you are around to tell us about it. As a retired RN I know the alternative. You are so very, very fortunate. Take care of yourself and God Bless.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:05 PM

So glad everything worked out
Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 PM

So glad that your problem was caught in time. My DH had fallen at work when he was 57 and hit his shin. It was sore, but bruises were minimal---now it was January and he always gets bronchitis early each year--so off to doctor who gave him antibiotics but after a month he was no better. He still coughed, and could hardly walk from one end of the room to the other without struggling to breath. He was like a 90 years old frail man. One night, he came home from work and his leg was swollen, so I rubbed it for him. We went upstairs to bed and when he took his pants off, I gasped---the injured leg was 3 times the size of the right leg. Called the doc and off to emergency room we went. They did an ultrasound and found a huge clot, immediately put him on blood thinners & some meds to dissolve the clot and the swelling finally started to go down, so they took an xray of his chest and found pieces of the clot in his lungs. They did surgery in the next few hours and put in a filter so if he got any more clots, they would not be able to get past the filter and go into either his lungs or heart. The docs said that if he had waited even one more hour, he would not have been here today. WE have recently learned that a life as you described can cause blood clots as we get older. You and my DH were lucky---ladies, if nothing else, walk---keep the blood flowing. We are now both eating better and excercising. Keep moving even when it hurts. Life is just too short.