Keurig ?????

Old 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM

I have an ancient hot pot which travels with us. We each have our favorite flavor instant after coffee. Mine is orange and DH's varies from week to week. Still going strong after 25 years and we can make it as strong as we want.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:28 PM

That was and is my thinking also. Took the one I had purchased back. We just could not drink the strong coffee. Tried watering it down and that didn't taste good either. Give me the old fashioned drip one anytime. Lots cheaper to buy and to buy coffee for.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:08 PM

I had been a faithful Keurig owner from the time they first came out, but I finally gave up on them last year. The different coffee makers I've had really haven't lasted over two years and I began to fret about the amount of cost and waste I seemed to be experiencing. I bought a good grinder, found a reasonable, medium brew bean I like and went back to French press and haven't looked back. I didn't realize how much I'd acclimated to substandard tasting coffee for the sake of convenience.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:44 AM
dd

I still like our Mr. Coffee better and use it every day. I guess I will keep the little Keurig, our son exchanged his for mine, just to be nice to our son. The one they sent me did have a refillable pod to put your own in and a carafe.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:22 AM

Will stick to my drip coffee makers, Krups and Braun that were still made in Germany. Most reliable and the coffee is excellent because I have it down the grinds to water ratio. Like cone shaped filters better for drip makers. Also, we still have our mom's stove top, glass pyrex coffee pots and often get one out and actually "perk" the coffee.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:25 AM

have a Hamilton beach, big pot on 1 side single brew on the other, I can grind my coffee and make as strong as I want, no k cup required, when company comes I can make a full pot . I got it on clearance so it was cheaper. I cant justify the cost of k cups, even if its only 1 cup a day, I like being able to make a STRONG cup of coffee, if I'm only having 1
Old 05-28-2015, 09:10 AM

I finally found a decent coffee maker that was housebroken. The first 2 leaked water all over my counter. They weren't cheap either. I bought a 12 cup Mr. Coffee, has no frills, just put the coffee and filter in the basket,fill carafe & pour water in the back & turn it on. I'm a happy girl.
I couldn't see paying all that money for the k-cups, its cheaper to buy coffee beans at the store and grind my own, tastes better too.
Sharon in Texas
Old 05-28-2015, 05:51 PM

My husband and I like ours. We've had it for several years now. I like being able to brew a fresh cup any time of the day. Husband travels a lot, so brewing a pot of coffee seems wasteful on days he's gone. I also disliked drinking coffee from the bottom half of the pot - it always tasted burnt. I bought a refillable cup for the Keurig, it's so easy to brew my favorite grind of coffee, and no recycling/discarding of the plastic cups.

A couple of weeks ago, we were camping with a large group of people. It was an Eagle Scout ceremony, and the Scout had requested that it take place at his favorite campground. It was too much fun! Anyway - usually we make "camp coffee" in a perk pot over an open fire. However, the group site we rented had a large shelter with running water and a couple of power outlets, so we brought our Keurig. I really expected a lot of smack talk about "glamping", but amazingly, everyone thought it was a fabulous idea! They liked being able to brew a cup whenever they wanted, and nobody had to wait for the coffee to perk. It also tasted better than camp coffee.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:46 PM

We had a Keurig...loved it. After a few years it bit the dust. Replaced it with a cuisenart brand coffee maker. Kind of nice to simply make a pot of coffee at a time again. Won't spend the money on a Keurig again. My daughter did the same thing when their keurig quit.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
have a Hamilton beach, big pot on 1 side single brew on the other, I can grind my coffee and make as strong as I want, no k cup required, when company comes I can make a full pot . I got it on clearance so it was cheaper. I cant justify the cost of k cups, even if its only 1 cup a day, I like being able to make a STRONG cup of coffee, if I'm only having 1

This is what I have too. I buy fillable tea bags at the World Market to fill with my coffee and brew away. I keep a 12 cup coffeemaker around and a 24 cup one on hand for large gatherings.