Kindle Fire vs Ipad? HELP

Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by judys View Post
I've been really struggling with my desire for a kindle fire and whether I would use it enough to make it worthwhile. Knowing that you can "listen" to books on it helps. Do you know if the volume on it would be enough so that hubby and I could both listen to a book in the car or is only with headphones? The CD player in the van quit working and I know we can't use a portable CD player because the volume isn't enough to be heard over the van/road noises. Portable speakers don't help either because I can't get the volume I need.
My car has an AUX plug and I can plug my mp3 player into the car radio speakers - Check with Amazon to see if this can be done with the kindle fire. Also make sure your car has an AUX plug. The cable to connect the plug and my mp3 was $4 at Radio Shack.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:18 AM

I have none of the above mentioned items... just laptops in this house. I am wondering, why not just pay the $250.00 for the cheaper small laptop and be able to do EVERYTHING with it? Like I said, I have nothing but a laptop, so I guess I am asking what can the kindle/nook/ipad do that the small laptop can't? I am kinda interested for my sewing room and such. Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 AM
FLQ

For audio books you get the narration/narrator in your download. It's not a computer generated voice. That's why audio is soooo expensive to purchase. Best deal I found was 14.95/month for 1 book/ mo. Anyone know a less costly audio book source? I have Kindle and iPad. I agree with the previous posts. Love them both. Depends upon your budget. Compare features. small notebook/laptop/tablets with Kindle app can do also.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 AM

I own an iPad - I like having access to kindle, nook, iBooks so that I can buy books from anyone of the programs. Sometimes one of them will not have my favorite authors and sometimes it is cheaper to buy a book from one rather than the other. Most public libraries allow you to download books to a Nook - even the iPad version!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 AM

iPad. They said the Kindle probably won't be around in a couple years. My husband is an avid reader, but says some of the books as expensive, so he mostly borrows from the library.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 AM

I have the Kindle Fire and absolutely love it. BUT.....For some reason I can not get the Craftsy.com video classes to play on it. I have emailed Craftsy about it to see if it is compatible but haven't heard back from them yet. Does anyone know if you can play Craftsy.com videos on the IPad? Any info on this would really be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 AM

I so agree with this. I have the kindle fire too, and I do all but take pictures, but I have a new camera for that.
I'll buy new fabric myself with the price of the Ipad.
Originally Posted by QandE2010 View Post
Depends on what you want to do and what you want to spend. I am typing on my kindle fire now. You can surf the Internet, read books, listen to books, and do pretty much everything you do on the iPad except take pictures and Skype. The kindle fire is $199. and the new iPad is $599. I'd rather use that $400 for fabric. Just another opinion. I have a camera and a laptop for skyping. So don't need iPad. I feel picture & images on kindle are excellent.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM

I have been curious on the Kindle Fire about battery life. I have the Kindle 3G WiFi and it stays charged for a long time and I read every night. Of course, I seldom let the charge get below 1/2, and that is even a long time to do that. Of course you can do gobs with the Kindle Fire but wonder about the battery life.

Marysewfun
Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 AM

I LOVE my Kindle Fire.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM

love my iPad, great for ebooks as well as all sorts of other things. Play words with friends as well.