Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 AM

you will love it---wish I had got mine sooner
Old 08-30-2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lyncat View Post
I love my pink one! I would like to get the clear mixing bowl and the new scraper. Mine lives on the kitchen counter. I can't imagine lifting it to the top of the fridge!
I changed my mind on that. Arti now resides on the counter near the coffee pot.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 AM

I bought one in '82 and still have it. It was great and strong to make almost anything over the years. I used to make a lot of cookies, cakes and frosting for decorating, breads, etc. I don't use it as much now that our son is an adult and on his own for 20 years. I also can't have so many sweets anymore--have to cut down on the sweets as I age!!! Get one and you will enjoy it for many years! I won't get rid of it either just in case! My daughter in law bought one with a bonus check from work and she loves it also--she's the one making all the sweets for our son and grandson now.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:47 AM

You won't go wrong with a Kitchen Aid. I have had one for 35 years and it is still going. I raised four kids on bread. cookies, you name it. A lot of cooking with good results. You will love it.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

DH bought me my beloved red KA for Christmas 2011. It has an honored spot on my small counter at home and travels with us in our RV during the summers. It has it's own "seatbelt" in the closet for safe travelling. I make bread weekly and pasta. The pasta attachment is pricey, but once you go to the homemade side you'll never go back!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 AM

got my middle daughter a fire engine red K.A., and she put "flame" decals on it!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:06 AM

I have my second Kitchenaid mixer and relly do love it. I use it for almost everything. Just have to be careful with things that should not be overmixed.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 AM

I bought my Kitchen Aid Mixer 34 years ago and it still hums right along.
I bought the shield that sits atop the bowl and helps with the flour puffing back at you but didn't use that after a few years, small kitchen something had to go and I chose that. Don't regret it, didn't need it.
Mom used her sausage stuffer and meat grinder, I'm not into that but she enjoyed them. If you don't own a food processor the veggie slicer/grater might be nice, Now you will need to make a cover for it., Lots of free patterns online.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:29 AM

I love my KA too, it was a christmas present to myself the first christmas after I had graduated from college after i had bought my own home. (Ahh moment)
Also- do not overlook the Cuisanart (sp) 9 speed hand mixer, another work horse, I found online at Williams Sonoma around Christmas time, if I remember right... on sale for around $50. ironically they did not have this promo last year. Hopefully they will bring it back this year.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:39 PM

I bought the 5 quart one a few years ago and love it. Right it is heavy - has its own beloved spot on the kitchen counter. I got the ice cream freezer for it - and there is a (I call it) half bowl accessory that I got from JC Penney catalog - only place I have ever seen it listed and it came with a beater that is half whisk and half beater. Being just hubby and I, I use that most of the time unless I am making bread. Took me a bit to learn to properly make bread and am still not good at it - I had a mixer that had TWO bread beater things and I think it did almost better. But this is a whole lot more powerful at 525 watts - or however they measure the power. Agree that at Christmas they do seem to be a big "sale" item. Good luck.

Marysewfun