Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!

Blog Entries
    OMG is about the only way to describe today. I have stayed out of the chocolate though. That is my favorite medication. My problem student was not suspended after a lengthy discussion with mom. She finally admitted that he is pretty much the same at home as he is at school. They are going to try to get her some at home help. Robert was told if he misbehaved today, we work on a color system of green, yellow, red to orange. Orange would be a trip to the principals office and a lengthy suspension. We were close several times but never got there. It was some of the other kids not in my group. OH MY!
    I stayed out of the chocolate so that is my achievement for the day. Tomorrow is Friday! Quilt retreat is next weekend!!!

The ice has melted and the sun is shining and I feel so much better. All that dreary weather makes me want to eat. For the last two days I have been able to have a better attitude and stayed on my eating program. I even drank all my required water. I didn't weigh in Monday when I went to see my counselor because on my scales I was up. I sucked it up today and weighed in. To my surprise, I was down about 4 lbs. from Monday. I retain fluid like crazy so the water drinking really helps me get rid of it. I hate to admit it, but I've steadily gained and lost since last October. I'm determined to get back on track and do this. You would think the chance of winning fabric would entice me, but here lately, I've just had an "I don't care" attitude. Well, I really do care and I know I'm the one who is responsible so I am giving myself pep talks. haha I hope all of you have a great weekend.

I don't think I drink enough water on a regular basis. Why is it so hard to remember? We had a really nice day so I actually got out and did some walking. Of course now they are talking about a St Patrick's day snow storm. Blergh
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

I have been doing some long and hard praying. I have made a hard decision due to the craziness in my life. This will be my last month being the hostess of this thread. I have messaged PatricJ to see what needs to happen to get a new hostess for the weight loss group.

I know many have lost monthly. It is hard for me to make this decision. I need to take a break to get my bearings again. There are days I don't know if I am coming or going.

Once I hear from PatricJ I will let you know what she says.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    I have been doing some long and hard praying. I have made a hard decision due to the craziness in my life. This will be my last month being the hostess of this thread. I have messaged PatricJ to see what needs to happen to get a new hostess for the weight loss group.

I know many have lost monthly. It is hard for me to make this decision. I need to take a break to get my bearings again. There are days I don't know if I am coming or going.

Once I hear from PatricJ I will let you know what she says.
    Cindy, I've wondered how you have kept it going considering all that is going on in your life. I (and I'm sure everyone else) thank you for what you have done here.

with appreciation,
    CindyA

I have heard back from PatricJ, I just need someone to volunteer to take over the thread. Any takers???? We have been a great group.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I am not surprised you need a break Cindy. Are you going to be able to still hang out with us?
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Cindy, we all really appreciate all you have done for the group. Sorry to hear things are so crazy in your life and we certainly understand about you needing to step down. I hope you can still take part in the group so we can stay in touch with you.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    I am not surprised you need a break Cindy. Are you going to be able to still hang out with us?
    I will still be hanging out with you ladies, just not sure if I will be in for the prize. I am still wanting to lose weight. They will be starting a Weight watchers meeting next month at work so I am thinking about joining that.

Now I just need someone to let me know that they want to take over for me, if not the thread will not go on.

The FQ's will still need to be sent to the hostess and if she chooses as I did she can accept for 3 months at a time.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I do believe I have someone to take over for me. I believe she will be great replacement. I am going to help her the first few months. I will let her make the announcement, I am happy to see that some one will be keeping the thread going.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I am glad you found a replacement so quickly. Now if I could just keep the weight loss going . . . Although I do have good hopes for that. I spoke to my BFF last night and found out she will be moving right down the street so I will have a walking partner!

Oh good, Cindy! I was going to offer today if no one else did. My conflict was I hope to be at my goal in 4-6 months and I don't know if it makes sense to be that involved if you aren't competing for the fq's anymore.
    That is great news for you, lauriejo! It makes such a difference to have someone to keep you accountable.

Blog Entries
    I volunteered to take over this thread. Cindy is going to help me the first couple of months if I need it. I hope I can do as good of a job as she did. Everyone keep up the good work.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    I am glad you found a replacement so quickly. Now if I could just keep the weight loss going . . . Although I do have good hopes for that. I spoke to my BFF last night and found out she will be moving right down the street so I will have a walking partner!
    That is great to have a walking partner.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I volunteered to take over this thread. Cindy is going to help me the first couple of months if I need it. I hope I can do as good of a job as she did. Everyone keep up the good work.
    Pat
    Thank you Pat your taking over for me. You will be great.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Yea for Pat!!!

Thanks, Pat. I know you'll do a great job! Thank you, Cindy, for all you have done.

My family and I have a fresh start this morning after the sudden passing of my dear MIL. My family has been great, providing meals for us. It has been a tremendous help as we have been going through this. I've had to keep working during most of it so having meals ready to go really made a difference. Last night my son had his end of year banquet for wrestling. He is a high school senior. They normally have the banquet in the high school cafeteria but this year they did it in a local country club. It was such a treat, the food was really good, especially the green beans. Wish I could make them that good! As they were talking about each boy and giving awards, it started snowing. There were picture windows all along two walls behind the speaker and it overlooked the golf course and trees on the outer edges. It was beautiful!!! It continued snowing through the evening. I enjoyed a piece of cake and now my fresh start is a bowl of oatmeal and some excercise - shoveling. I think I'm going to get a notebook and start writing down all that I eat. I need to get serious here.

I've started my food journal. Does anyone know the best way to calculate calories and fat grams for recipes I already have? I thought that weight watchers used to have that, but I'm no longer a member and hope there is a free online site. (I'm home today, yet another snow day. We'll be going to school until July at this rate!)

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I've started my food journal. Does anyone know the best way to calculate calories and fat grams for recipes I already have? I thought that weight watchers used to have that, but I'm no longer a member and hope there is a free online site. (I'm home today, yet another snow day. We'll be going to school until July at this rate!)
    Try this website. https://www.sparkpeople.com/

they also have a sparkrecipe site where you can add recipes, and it gives you what you are looking for. It is free to join them.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    myfitnesspal.com has a pretty comprehensive list of prepared foods. I don't think I would take the time to try to compile calories and fat grams for my recipes. The more I think about food, the more I eat. I like my fitness pal for several reasons. It tracks calories, water and exercise if you are honest with it. I may try it for a while or those batiks will go to someone else again.

Thank you, Pat, for taking over this thread. Thank you, Cindy, for what you've done to keep it going and being wise enough to step down if it has become stressful to you. Yes, I know it's the 17th. I will get my batik out when I go to the dentist tomorrow - I couldn't get to the drawer they are in until now because some of the family room furniture was stuffed in my bedroom.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. My shoulder doesn't feel too bad today which is a definite plus.

Thank you pat for taking over the thread!

Cindy you have done a great job. Thank you for all you have done!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have my quilt retreat this weekend. I can't wait. I hope to finish a baby quilt tonight. It is an heirloom sampler. 12 different blocks and techniques. I have 2 blocks left to quilt and the label to make. It is coming out really well. It is for my DS and DIL. I need to get it in the mail as it is going to Japan. I need to get my things ready for retreat. I like to take things that don't take a whole lot of thought so I can visit and talk. I was going to make a professional tote for me. I have had the fabric for a while. I want to get it all cut before I go. There is only limited space for a large cutting mat. We usually set up 2 or 3 for 55 people. There are several small cutting stations. It is a lot of cutting. I also want to cut out a one block wonder to take along too. The food is delicious, not diet friendly. Dessert is served at lunch and dinner. It is an old boarding school and they are awesome cooks. I hope the weather is good so I can get out for a walk.

Blog Entries
    I just went for a walk. What an adventure! My street is rutted solid ice so I have to take the car and park at the sales office, then go as far as I can in each direction without hitting more ice. Lily and Moira give me a look when I say 'Turn' and they can see no reason.

Shouldn't 'chili beans' be seasoned? I bought organic, low salt chili beans at the natural food store. I just opened them expecting seasoned pinto beans - nope, these are just a mix of kidney, black and pinto and a little salt. Odd.

Have a fun time, Pat. I love quilt retreats! I try to have my fabric all cut before I go for a couple of reasons. I don't want to hog the cutting table and also I might cut things wrong if there is a lot going on around me. The ones I usually go to we provide our own food. It's a pain in the butt but it does save a lot of money. Too bad I am pretty much done with quilt retreats since I am babysitting. That's one of the hardest things I have had to give up.
    Those are some strange sounding chili beans.
    I made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. Yummy!
    Today I am working on getting a baby quilt quilted. The baby was born while I was on vacation so I need to get going on it. I will do the binding by machine since it is a baby quilt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast