Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: March 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!

Hi Pam,
    We have two daughters and son's in laws in Minneapolis. It is actually our hope to relocate to MN in the near future. I used to spend a lot of time in Eau Claire for High School Music festivals each spring. Now all I need is the right job and to sell my house.

Quote Originally Posted by mateoh View Post
    I am new to the Quilting board, just joined this weekend. Is this community supported weight loss journey on going, month by month or was it just for March? I would love to join. I had a recent knee injury with subsequent surgery and unfortunately my lack of activity has set me back some. Looking forward to reading replies.
    This is a great group of ladies, I was the hostess and have just turned over the the reins to meanmom. She will post the new thread close to the end of the month. Each month there is a new FQ theme. This thread has been going on for more than 3 years. Welcome aboard and good luck on your loss.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Welcome to our little group, mateoh!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Welcome to our group mateoh. We have a great group that has been going on for several years I think. I am taking over next month for Cindy. I hope I can do as good of a job as she has. I will come up with a theme for the fabrics for the next 3 months soon and post it here. Some of us send in 3 months at a time to save on postage. Or you can send in one month at a time. You can subscribe to this thread up at the top of the page under thread tools. I like to subscribe and get daily notifications by email.
    Good luck.

Here is a little motivation for you!

Feeling Burnt Out? 5 Effective Ways to Motivate!

It’s normal to hit a speed bump (or two) when you're driving along your road to weight loss. Encourage yourself to stick with it and I'm certain the numbers on the scale will start moving downward again. Here are some tips to reignite your weight loss efforts and keep you motivated for the long haul.

• Remember that weight loss is as much a mental battle as it is a physical one. Experts recommend that you regularly take time to recognize and appreciate how much happier and healthier you are becoming (say, after losing the first ten pounds) and to practice positive self-talk every day to keep your determination going strong. I encourage you to start every morning by standing in front of the mirror, looking yourself in the eye, and saying (aloud or in your head) one positive thing you like about your body.
    • Keep a journal to record and process your feelings, challenges, and successes throughout this weight loss process. Also, jot down the reasons you committed to losing weight in the first place and some of the best “perks” that you’ve experienced so far (maybe it’s an array of complements, or a task you can do with ease now that you’re more fit). Draw strength from your own words whenever you need a boost.
    • Set short-term goals. Rather than focus on the total amount of weight you need to lose, which can be overwhelming, establish short-term, “mini” goals to keep your confidence flying high. At the start of each new week, set 1 or 2 definitive objectives for the week ahead. These can either be pound goals, like “lose 2 pounds this week,” or action goals such as “don’t snack after dinner this week” or “cook two new healthy recipes this week.” When you accomplish one of your goals, treat yourself to a non-food reward, such as a manicure, 10-minute massage, new book, or movie night with a friend.
    • Jazz up your fitness routine. It may just take some up-beat music downloads or a new workout DVD. Or, try taking your exercise outside of the gym, where you can walk or jog a different route every day — the change of scenery will keep things from getting stale.
    • If all else fails, go shopping! Stand in one of those 180 degree mirrors and really look at yourself wearing a smaller pair of jeans or a form-fitting dress. Celebrate your new figure and all the hard work you’ve put into getting to this point.

Blog Entries
    I have been thinking about our FQ for the next 3 months. I thought orange and yellow for April since I think we all need some sunshine after a rough winter. May flowers and June blues for water? So anyone who wants to send 3 months. I guess you will all have to PM for the address since I don't think I should put it on here.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I have been thinking about our FQ for the next 3 months. I thought orange and yellow for April since I think we all need some sunshine after a rough winter. May flowers and June blues for water? So anyone who wants to send 3 months. I guess you will all have to PM for the address since I don't think I should put it on here.
    Pat
    If you put your address on the thread, one of the moderators will take it off and say to PM for address. So yes, we need to PM you. I already have your address...so don't need to PM.

When we mail you the FQ's we need to include our screen name along with real name and mailing information. So you have it for when the winner is announced.

I love your choices for the next 3 months. I will dig through my stuff to find the 3 months.

Again, thank you for taking over for me.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I do like your choices, still hoping to get those batiks. I managed to drop a few more pounds and am finally back down to where I was before Christmas.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

My goodness we are a quiet group this week! Those are good tips Pam, especially the short term goals. Looking at the total amount I need to lose is so discouraging, but thinking about what I can do right now to get healthier is manageable.

Blog Entries
    Wow it is the 28th already!No FQ for me. I have posted the new thread for April. The fabrics for the next 3 months if you want to send them are April Yellow and Orange, May flowers, June blues. Good luck to everyone and don't forget to sign up. Not sure how to get the link on here. I will ask Cindy since I am new at this.
    Pat

Wow it is the 28th already!No FQ for me. I have posted the new thread for April. The fabrics for the next 3 months if you want to send them are April Yellow and Orange, May flowers, June blues. Good luck to everyone and don't forget to sign up. Not sure how to get the link on here. I will ask Cindy since I am new at this.
    Pat
    Here is the link for the April weight loss.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...s-t244065.html
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I didn't lose this month. I have no excuse. Just bad choices. I've sent a pm to be in the April challenge. I'll be getting my FQ's together and mailing them as soon as I can.

Pat
    I've sent you a PM and will get my FQ's together and mailed soon. Thanks again for taking over.

Blog Entries
    The end of the month is here. Don't forget to sign up on the new thread and PM me you loss for the month. I think spring is finally here tomorrow. I woke up to ice on my car windows today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 68. We had snow flurries yesterday. It has been a crazy winter here.

It is the last day of the month. I am down 8 lbs. YEAH!!!! maybe I am in the running for the batiks.

So don't forget to send me your weight loss and remember to sign up for the April weight loss group.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I didn't move the scale this month. Have to look at the bright side, it didn't move either way.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Here is a little info on leafy greens....

Which Leafy Green Is Most Nutritious?

Q: What are the most nutritious lettuce greens to use as the base of my salad — Romaine, mesclun, or spinach leaves?

A: I'd have to choose spinach! The deep, dark color of the leaves is a good indication that it's loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (contrary to anemic looking iceberg lettuce, which offers hardly any nutrition). Spinach is packed with beta carotene, potassium, vitamin C, iron, vitamin K, magnesium — an entire alphabet of essential vitamins and minerals! It does have a stronger, more bitter taste than other lettuces, so if you don't love the taste, there are a couple of other options.

First, at the grocery store pick up BABY spinach — it has a milder flavor than "full grown" spinach and it's perfect for salads.

Another trick is to mix your spinach with a more delicate, neutral lettuce — for example, use half Romaine and mingle in a handful of spinach leaves.

I am anxious for tomorrow to get here to get started for April. I have been using My Fitness Pal this past week which has helped me stay motivated and really think about what I am eating. Good Luck everyone.

Blog Entries
    Don't forget to sign up on the April thread. No loss for me this month. I have been a bad girl in the eating department. I will do better next month. Good luck to everyone.

Am I too late to post my weight loss??? I got an intestinal bug and have been out of commission the last few days, but it boosted my weight loss to 9 pounds! One of my best months ever. Well for weight loss. I had one week living on pain meds and very light eating, and then the last few days not keeping what I ate. Not a diet I would recommend to anyone. Hmm I wonder if it's not a virus but a reaction to too many days in a row on pain meds?

Don't forget to PM me your weight loss. I may miss it on the thread. Winner will be declared tomorrow evening.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

The May weight loss winner was just posted and it got me to thinking, who won for March? Someone must have done a great job to beat both of us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5