Mother of the groom Dress?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM

I found my dress at Macy's on the way to the Minneapolis st paul airport. My other daugh-in-law helped pick it out, we just shopped and tried on dresses until we found 2 we liked. A beige lace and a black with sparkles on the top and jacket. We decided I looked thinner in the black and I didn't tell my daug-in-law to be because she didn't want black. When we got to the wedding the MOB was wearing a beige lace dress almost the same as the other I saw. My new DIL was very glad the black looked better. We both spent under 100 for our dresses.
I forgot to add her mother and I have several tops that are the same or almost, isn't it funny how some people have the same taste. We went shopping, my DD, DIL and her mother and myself, we bought the same purse when we were with our own daughters, found our when we got back to the car.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74014.jpe  
Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 PM

The MOB looks great in her beige, but you look awesome in that black number. Good for you. Same thing happened to me last summer. GS was getting married and I was told the grandmas/grandpas were walking up the aisle as part of the procession. Well, I have white hair and don't like the way I look in beige or brown (I do wear it, but I look better in other colors.) So I shopped and shopped and came up with zilch. I decided to get black with a white linen jacket. As you said, they were surprised, but the "show" went on and I looked nice.

BTW -- cute couples
Old 07-19-2010, 02:59 PM

love your dress! I think it is the best one well except for the bride!!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:32 PM

I have two sons and I made my dress for my oldest. He's in the AirForce, so I wore a navy straight line dress with a off-white or winter white jacket with lace sleeves. My youngest son is a youth minister and his bride chose a cinnimon color for her bridesmides, I found a moss-green dress at JCPenny's. Sometimes you can find really nice ones there or even at Dillards.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM

My first MIL wore a white suit to my wedding. She wasn't my MIL for too long! My second MIL couldn't make it to our wedding, but I loved her dearly and took care of her when she had Alzheimers until she died. My first MIL died at 107. Isn't there something like "only the good die young?"
Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Don't forget Nordstroms. That's where I got my dress. You can actually find some very nice things there and not everything is priced as high as a lot of people think.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Granny B
My first MIL wore a white suit to my wedding. She wasn't my MIL for too long! My second MIL couldn't make it to our wedding, but I loved her dearly and took care of her when she had Alzheimers until she died. My first MIL died at 107. Isn't there something like "only the good die young?"
LOL my MIL would not wear a long dress and I wanted my mom to be able too but neither did, by the way she did 2 years later for her other sons wedding!! My MIL is not my favorite person, she hates my kids, well she did when they were younger, Sent me home in tears one day because my 4 year old walked on her grass and the neighbor kids came to play, Told me she would never watch my 2nd son again as he misbehaved, (He was ADHD) She never had a chance to watch them again, I refused!! She is 91 years old and will live to 110 or forever which ever comes first. She is the most negative person I have ever met! My DFIL on the other hand was a sweetie!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Or we will all go thru our closets & you will have 46 priority mail boxes on your doorstep. Enjoy
I love this too!!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:23 PM

No NO wait!! I do not need 46 dressed to choose from!! There are to many in the store!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM

I could never wear beige, I look dead with my coloring.Wear what looks good on you, after all you will be in the pictures too. Just don't clash