Mother's Day Plans/wishes

Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 PM

Hmm, I hadn't thought about what to do for Mother's Day, but now that this thread has brought it up, I think I'll have my parents over for a BBQ.

Thanks for starting this thread! :)
Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

When I was a kid, my mother told me that she would kick my behind if I made a fuss for Mother's Day. So I never did.

My philosophy: I either get along with my mom on a regular basis - so what's the point of declaring a day, OR I don't get along with her and then pretending on that day would be major hyprocricy. Fortunately, I am nobody's mother - so I don't have to worry about it.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

My oldest Daughter insist we do something for Mother's Day and Father's Day and keeps bugging me about what I want for a gift, my answer is: I don't want or need anything, if I do I will go get it myself. She usually gets me potted plants.
We will be going to her and Hubby's house, usually do it at our house, I've been a Mother for 47 years, not a big deal anymore.
I would rather sit and sew all weekend, enough gift for me.

I hope every Mother has a very good day.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:25 PM

Thanks for the oh so beautiful roses and the thoughts for
Mothers Day.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM

You are more than welcome. I hope you have a nice day.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 PM

I have asked for some flowers for the garden...I don't want anyone to spend much on me...just a hand made card is fine...
My oldest asked me yesterday and I told him to get some flowers, but, this year could they be in the colors that I request, PLEASE...I have a small garden and it is mostly pinks and a bit purple, last year---received Red Salvia, yellow marigolds, and coral geranium...OH Well, at least he tried....
Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned

Thank you clem55 for the beautiful rose pictures! I have buds on my tea rose bush. The frost got it earlier last week, but there are buds coming.
My bush is special to me (even though I can't keep it bug or disease free at all.) I grew up with this bush. It was my Mom's. When she died and we sold the house my sister dug up part of it. Then several years later when I was settled down in my own house she again dug up a part of her portion of the bush and gave it to me. I have dug it up and moved it three times since. It still lives! As does the memories of my Mom. Once the buds open I'll post pics.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:02 PM

My daughter takes me out a few days before MD so I can help choose what I want in my garden. Then we come home and she plants everything, six planters, five hanging baskets. I don't have big gardens, but hubby and I plant what we like in them, mostly perinnials(?) Right now we have a nice bed of Princess Lilies that are beautiful when in bloom. Buds are about ready now. We decided today to celebrate the birthdays of the two youngest GC, they will be 5 and 8. My son doesn't get them on their actual birthdays, so this works well for all. Then the next full get together will be Father's day.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Thank you clem55. The roses are beautiful.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:19 PM

I hope to at least get a phone call from my 3 kids during the weekend. My birthday is the day before so that should guarantee that I hear from them. And DH usually gets me a card. However I only heard from one on Easter, so who knows. DH and I will most likely go out to eat, even if it's only to a burger joint. :)