Mother's Day Plans/wishes

Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM

I am driving two hours to my moms on Saturday to take her out to lunch at a beautiful restaurant overlooking the lake. Back home Saturday night. Sunday my DH will make me a special meal. Three of our kids are at college so I assume I will get calls from them. The 17 yr old still at home will be his usual surly self. :-D
Old 05-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Haven't quite decided what we are doing yet but it will be with my daughter her hubby and kids. My son may bring the girls for a short visit, holidays are always spent with her family. I've gotton used to it. I have hinted that I want gift cards to buy flowers. Hubby always gives me a gift. Will visit my mom if she won't come over and join us. She will be 90 in Sept and sometimes prefers to be alone. We will probably get take out from somewhere. Too crowded to go out on MD. We will go out for breakfast after church.

Thanks for the beautiful rose.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM

My kids laugh because every year I tell them I want manure for Mother's Day to put on the flower beds. What can I say...I'm easy to buy for! My plans are to drive on Saturday 165 miles north to take my MIL out for dinner and I'll then work on planting annuals in her flower bed. On Sunday after church my daughter and her family will come and DH and SIL will grill and put out a simple dinner. I refuse to go to a crowded restaurant. I'll play with the grandkids (ages 1 & 3). Sounds like a perfect day to me!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:33 PM

I always have conflicted feelings on Mother's Day. This year, I will spend it with my Mom and Dad - they are both in their mid 80's and ailing. My kids rarely remember me on Mother's Day - I don't know why as they were raised better. Likewise, Christmas and birthday. My dh makes a big deal for me, since the kids don't. It is a bittersweet day.

For Mother's Day each year my dh has me pick the flowers, bushes, etc. I want and he plants them and does the gardens for my present. It is really nice to watch him weed and plant, as I can no longer kneel or bend. I get the benefit of his gift all summer and fall.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I always have conflicted feelings on Mother's Day. This year, I will spend it with my Mom and Dad - they are both in their mid 80's and ailing. My kids rarely remember me on Mother's Day - I don't know why as they were raised better. Likewise, Christmas and birthday. My dh makes a big deal for me, since the kids don't. It is a bittersweet day.

For Mother's Day each year my dh has me pick the flowers, bushes, etc. I want and he plants them and does the gardens for my present. It is really nice to watch him weed and plant, as I can no longer kneel or bend. I get the benefit of his gift all summer and fall.
He's a keeper! What a lovely gift.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

My DS starts a job on campus this week so he can not make the long trip home to see me. My DD friend is taking her to Chicago for the weekend since she will be in the house the next 3 months after her next surgery so it will be me, just me. I think I will stay in bed and not get out until Monday.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the Beautiful rose's they are breath taking
Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Thank you for the roses Clem, you are a sweetie! Everyone have a wonderful Mother's Day. I know it's not a big deal to many but you know what they say about the hand that rocks the cradle. Pat yourselves on the back ladies!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

We usually go visit my Mom and Boyfriends Mom. Bought them each potted plants, I was going to buy roses, but then they would have to plant them, so I figured the plant would be better. My kids are all young adults and teenagers, not much money, I always tell them NOT to buy gifts for me! I'm happiest with a hug, or some HELP around the house!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

I lost my mom four years ago just before mothers day. It was a hard one for me. My kids have already given my a wonderful gift card from Connection Threads. I'm impressed with them. I didn't give any hint and they figured it out all on their own. I get wonderful cards from them and the youngest always writes the most beautiful thank yous to me in her card. They always make me cry. We usually don't go out to eat because I hate fighting the crowds. We cook out at home and have a great time. Every mothers day I look around at my two daughters, son and dear grand daughter and count myself blessed.