Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My Number one Suggestion- The Search Button >

My Number one Suggestion- The Search Button

My Number one Suggestion- The Search Button

Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I need to remind myself that what is "old and known" to me, is "new and not known" to others.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 AM

I'm sure there are folks who are just plain scared to do something they know nothing about. Some of those buttons and what they can offer are intimidating for people who may still be computer illiterate. When I do a reply, I try to educate the person about the button/buttons.

How many of you have figured out the Watched/Unwatched button? Took me forever.

Patrice has saved my bacon a few times. Thanks for your patience and educating me.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Some people like to engage in a current conversation on an oft repeated subject matter. This has always been the case online. It's also always been the case that others will come along and say something like, "google it!" So, maybe what people really want to do is peeve each other out. :0D

The stellar search function was the first thing I loved about this place but it's not for everyone. Research v. conversational opportunities. It's all good.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Please don't be afraid to ask questions!!!! Sometimes it is the contact with others that is more important than the answer to a question. I will answer anyone's question if I can even if it is the same question over and over again. If you have a question and are too timid to post, please PM me. If I don't have the answer, I am sure I know someone who will.

Please: Don't sweat the petty and don't pet the sweaty.

I don't know where I would be today without the contact that I have had with others on this board. It has been so much more to me than a quilting tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
. . . don't pet the sweaty. . . .
Sometimes that used to be a lot of fun!!!! :lol:

Bad me - that's off topic!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by GrammaNan
. . . don't pet the sweaty. . . .
Sometimes that used to be a lot of fun!!!! :lol:

Bad me - that's off topic!
LMAO!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM

I frequently use the Search function and have found it very helpful; haven't tried advanced search yet. That being said, even if someone asks a question that's been asked several times before, there could be different responses than have already been given...new insights maybe, new ways of doing things. Just cause the question is "old" doesn't mean all the answers will be the same "old" answers!

One thing that kind of did annoy me a little was on a swap I'm involved in, posters kept asking the same questions over and over, instead of going to the first page and clicking on the link that had all the info.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 PM

:lol: #1: Guilty as charged.
(1/4" seam allowance post by yours truly. There are lots but I had not met Mr. Search Field yet (I guess because I still asked.) I have read the responses to my post a zillion times, I have also used the search field and read many of the other (1/4" seam allowance) posts many times. I enjoy the many views and ideas. The same thing can be said different ways and we learn from some versions more than we learn from others. Thousands of others will learn better from the versions we pass over or didn't grasp.
#2: Guilty as charged.
(I forgot what #2 was.) :oops: :lol:
Just teasing. We all mean well and love helping each other. It is like a race to Mr. Search Field or Mr. Google to see who can find it first.
#3:
Please encourage everyone to be more specific when they title their post. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your Quiltingboard friends. "Guess What" will deprive me of the information in the post because I will pass by that post. Sorry, I just don't have time and I really hate to miss out on good information. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
#4:
What irratates one pleases another. There are thousands of us, many females (lots of raging hormones). Let's be patient with each other. :twisted: :twisted:
All members need to read the rules Admin has posted to keep us safe and make our Quiltingboard experience better. That being said I would like to ask a question:
:lol: No, I won't do it. :lol: :lol:
Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dsb38327
That being said I would like to ask a question:
:lol: No, I won't do it. :lol: :lol:
ask me by pm. i'll be happy to hear and answer, no matter what it is.

who knows ... i might even double-dog dare you to ask it again in public.

i, too, have my wicked moments. :lol:
Old 07-14-2010, 02:34 PM

yea me too!