Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My pretty Wisteria.....well...it was.... >

My pretty Wisteria.....well...it was....

My pretty Wisteria.....well...it was....

Old 04-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Oh...I'm sure it will come back..thank you everyone.

Butterfly...how did you know I have that big pine tree by my entrance??? I hadn't thought of that...I may sprig some there! :D
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 AM

Patti, in truth I didnīt. someone on one of the posts said that Wisteria like to climb up Pine trees. lol

Elle
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

That is so sad. I guess the tree just couldn't hold the vine any longer. What a difference a day makes.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

Last year my husband decided to demolish an old patio on the side of the house and rebuild a bigger and better one. Well, the old one was falling apart but was covered by a stunning wisteria (purple). We made a deal he would save the main trunk (and part of the old patio that it's main stem was wrapped around) if I solemnly promised not to let it run rampant over the new one and compromise the structure. Hope yours grows again - ours did and rewarded us with a huge crop of fragrant blossom.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 PM

Your downed tree picture looks a lot like my side yard at the moment. The big old elm tree between the house and the garage was blown over at rooftop level Friday evening when the high winds came through with the thunderstorm. I've spent the past two evenings trimming branches I can cut with my loppers. You can almost get from the back door to the yard now, but the pile of branches is blocking the way across the yard. Still haven't gotten all of it off the little RV in the driveway. Had thought there was no damage to the house, garage or RV, but looks like we may have to replace some of the porch steps that my son was rebuilding...hadn't finished working on them yet and now they will need to be redone as boards are cracking at the screws on the ends...too much weight in the middle when the big branches hit. The part that is still bent double at the roofline looks to be a good 8" - 12" across. Don't know who to call to come remove it. Have had a couple of offers to take it down, but I'm sorta scared that they won't have the proper equipment (or insurance) to be sure that big trunk piece doesn't go right through the windows.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Oh mom...I would definetly use a licensed and bonded tree removal company....its just not worth the risk. We had been so worried that this tree was going to fall on our fence or the other way onto our property, then we would have had to deal with it. Luckily for us...this fell across the road and onto the county right of way...so the county had to come clean it up....whew! The sheriff told the highway dept. that the tree was "as big as my car.....bring the BIG trackhoe"... :roll: