Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My tale of Woe but with a happy ending >

My tale of Woe but with a happy ending

My tale of Woe but with a happy ending

Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 AM

I to have dropped Ebay and paypal and will never..never buy or use paypal again!!! I have been ripped off so many times on there since the begining of this year.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 AM

I have sold on ebay and never encountered this problem with any customers.

I have also bought on ebay and HAVE encountered this problem several times with other sellers.
When invoice comes it will show shipping charges (even though it's free).This has also happened with being taxed from other states (illegal !! )
I send a message to adjust invoice properly so as I may pay or I will contact ebay to remove my bid.
It is an extra step but I figure how bad do I want what I bid on.
Has worked out to satisfaction each time.
Since I am not sure where the problem came from
I just don't leave feedback in those cases.
I don't wan't to blame some one if it was out of their control; which does happen.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I think I am going to wait to leave feedback if I leave it at all. If what the guy told me is true and they had no control over it because ebay automatically adds a shipping fee, then it was my fault for not catching it on the invoice I was sent. If I had been more alert maybe none of this would have happened. the thing was, I had never had this happen before so I really don't think ebaby did it. But, since I don't sell on ebay, I probably don't know what I am talking about. either way, I might just leave a positive and tell everyone to check their invoice for "free shipping" charges. I think I am giving up Ebay! It isn't worth it.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 AM

Whenever I run into that problem, and I have also, and it was satisfied in my favor, I say in my feedback something like "issue with postage but problem resolved". That way I feel like I'm red flagging it but not actually saying anything negative.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
Whenever I run into that problem, and I have also, and it was satisfied in my favor, I say in my feedback something like "issue with postage but problem resolved". That way I feel like I'm red flagging it but not actually saying anything negative.
Great idea-thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:03 AM

I was taught....If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing. But I believe in this instance, I would say the truth. That feedback is there for a reason. To give everyone the opportunity to see what kind of seller they will be dealing with.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:04 AM

Just want to let you know that Ebay can not add the shipping cost at all for any reason as it is up to the seller to charge the amount of shipping.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

Originally Posted by lalaland
I agree, I wouldn't risk my feedback when I did receive what I bought & the postage was refunded eventually.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:32 PM

I'm sure there is a set-up available where the postage is automatically added, and the seller did not remember to take care to prevent that when listing that item. If I had to guess what happened, probably it's a business with more than one employee, and the one answering your mail did not know what to do and so tried to defend what happened. If they had 100% positive up to now, I would give them the benefit of a doubt - especially, since you eventually got the postage back, even though they were slow about it and tried to pass the buck.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 PM

We have made hundreds of purchases on ebay and only had a couple of problems. We do always wait until we receive an invoice from the seller. That way, if there is a problem, we can resolve it before we pay it. We use Paypal and have never had a problem, but I do check after each transaction.