The new Kindle "Fire"

Old 10-18-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
Originally Posted by Cheri_J

I have 3G and the Kindle Fire will not have it. This means I will need to be at a WiFi hotspot to access the web or order from Amazon. Just like now, all your data will be housed at Amazon. The present kindle has the E-Ink which isn't affected by glare. The fire will not have this. I do not know if you have a limited storage alotment. I will have to check into that. Other than the price, those are the negatives that I come up with now.

I am so glad to learn this! I definitely want 3G. I am glad I didn't pre-order the FIRE.

I just got DD a Nook Color for Christmas and can't wait to give it to her.
She'll love it. I have the 3G Nook and the color. The new apps the are coming up with are an added bonus and they are cheap. I like the one for the organizer; you can put your whole scedule and update it right there on the nook which is great. Then there is the added feature of being able to read any book at BN for an hour each day for free. I find a lot of free books at BN.com and because Barnes and Noble is a great store you can get books from all different places. I do like the in-store customers service alot better than the one on the phone; which is normal. It's easier to get help when you are standing in front of someone that over the phone.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
Am I the only one not interested in having a Kindle? Simply because I love to
hold a book, read ... and add it to my "library". My motto: A book worth
reading is a book worth buying.
I had no desire for a Kindle either...until I started researching them for my husbands Christmas present last year. I mean how much trouble is it to carry a book? Well, we travel some and I've found that with my Kindle I can carry my Bible, by current Bible study book and my recreational reading book all in my purse or carry-on luggage. Lots less weight and bulk. So, I'm sold. Lucky for me because my husband got me one for Christmas last year too. Now, all the other bells and whistles don't mean much to me. I have a laptop for all that.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:38 AM

Would love to have a Kindle or Nook but honestly; does it have to be so complicated? Why can't they make one model and let it be. I know I am whining but I am tired of all the new upgraded stuff that comes out just before Christmas. This includes cell phones, I phones, Wii, video games and players and so on. Enough already! My wallet can't take it anymore.

Thank you all for listening to me rant :cry:
Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 AM

Have a kindle , love it have read more since purchasing the kindle. Take it with me everywhere I go. I have deminishing eye sight and can enlarge the print. Don't dare leave home without it. hehe. I nearly feel the same connection to my sewing machine. Don't dare leave home without it.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 AM

have a Kindle less than a year old with the case, light and extended 2 year warranty if you are interested for $100. [email protected]
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 AM

I have the Kindle 3G and WiFi - and I love it, made a little pouch for it out of felt and it goes everywhere with me.

Trade-ins? No, I read on the Amazon site that they are not going to be doing trade-ins on it.

I think I am going to take a wait and see - it sounds enticing but it seems like with all the bells and whistles that it could spend a lot of time on the charger, and I have my laptop for the internet, movies and You-Tube stuff. Before I got the Kindle, I downloaded that free app for the PC - so I have both for books.

In using the library, I have found that pretty good - I am on my third book. I did have to put holds on the books but the waiting time hasn't been too bad - - - except for "The Help" - I am number 560 on a list that exceeds 600 - - - I may just break down and buy that one! :-)

Marysewfun

Lastly,
Old 10-18-2011, 09:51 AM

I agree with you :thumbup:
Hugs
April
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM

I'll wait for the 3G.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM

I know nothing about the Kindle You sparked my interest when you said auido books. Can you listen to them on the Kindle? I bought a IPOD but for some reason I can't get the audio books to work.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM

lol-I do not read much other than craft related-but feel the same way-gimme a real book.