Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Challenge >

November Weight Loss Challenge

November Weight Loss Challenge

Old 11-22-2014, 08:49 PM

I so agree with you guys about how hard it is to lose weight and how easy it is to gain it. I had a pleasant surprise at WW this morning, I was down a pound. I was expecting a gain. I babysat my 7 month old granddaughter this evening. Thanks to her I have 12000 steps today. She cried for 3 hours. The only way she would not cry so hard was when I paced the floor. I walked circles around their house half of the evening. I'm not used to lugging that weight around though. My DIL left dinner for me. I'm not sure I want to know the calorie count. Japanese style hamburgers and fried rice. It was delicious. Probably really high in sodium too. I ate it all.
I stopped at the LQS this morning since they had rulers 40% off. I never get rulers on sale here. The owner wanted to know what project I was buying the rulers for. When I told her she talked me into teaching the class. It is a 10 month BOM. The quilt is Jaybird quilts Gravity . THe fabric doesn't even come out until Feb 28. I hope I didn't get in over my head. She is also trying to talk me into teaching Hexagon Shuffle. I'm not sure I want to teach that many classes.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:25 AM

Thanksgiving is in just a few days and I think I am coming down with a cold...horrors. Am drinking lots of tea and honey.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:39 PM

This past week was crazy busy...so many projects to get finished.....it was nice to stop by and catch up.
Wishing everyone good luck this week !! I am going to try really hard to mind my Ps & Qs and keep on track.....

I think it's quite a compliment that you were asked to teach a class (classes)!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday - be safe and enjoy yourselves.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I think I'd better get back in the game for December. I'll send a FQ in soon, Pat.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:06 AM

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I think everything I ate yesterday was a carbohydrate. I was trying to type just c a r b but autocorrect kept changing it to crab! We did some online shopping yesterday so today I have no excuse to not get back in the sewing room. Well, I do want to start decorating

Just a few more days to lose as much as possible!
Old 11-28-2014, 09:23 AM

I hope everyone is well and warm and not getting too much snow or rain. For me, there is no such thing as too much rain; which is why I love the Pacific NW so much.

I got my shopping done from the weekend ads. Between being on my feet as I cooked and being on my feet as I trolled in Walmart, my knees just about have me shut down. What an exhausting day. I have been successful on the crafty front - got a fabric basket made, plus two pillowcases; also put trim on two minky throws. I still have lots to do, but I am gonna rest today.

My mom just emailed me and told me not to get them anything for Christmas because they don't need or want anything. We will be spending Christmas week with them - and I bet these two quilts I have made for them get used. For not being a quilter, Mom says you can't have too many quilts!

Be safe my friends!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:23 AM

I just posted the December thread. Don't forget to head over there and sign up. The internet service here is off and on. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Time to get back on track and behave ourselves. I have quite a few FQ for December at home already. I will post the names when I get home. The FQ theme for December is your choice. December Weight Loss Challenge
Old 11-30-2014, 02:03 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...e-t257501.html
Don't forget to sign up and PM me your weight loss for December.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:28 PM

The winner for November is Jeanne49, with a loss of 8.25 pounds. Congratulations and great job.
Pat
Old 12-04-2014, 06:56 PM

Congrats, Jeanne! That is an awesome loss!