Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: October Weight Loss Challenge

I'm hoping that is the last time I need to send fat quarters. I only have 12 lbs to lose to get to my goal. July is the last month I lost any weight. Time to get serious!
    Here's some quilting I did for a friend. Hope no one is afraid of spiders!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pat - Thanks for checking on my FQ's! Glad they got there ok. I don't think traditional yoga would work for you, I sometimes double up my mat for extra cush and the pressure still hurts my knees sometimes. It's the kind of pain that goes away as soon as I move, but with arthritis it would probably be too painful to hold the pose and it would just flare up the arthritis. But there are so many variations of all the poses that you can get into them from lots of different angles. You might look for chair yoga or perhaps a class tailored for students with arthritis. I've found that I like some of the poses better with a chair. Like Cindy, it's done wonders for my aches and pains Also, Way to go on those steps!!

CindyH- Thanks! We only wish we had horses. My husband's aunt and his uncle both have horse farms and his aunt gave one of my girls an old saddle for decoration, now it decorates my living room. It probably stinks to most people, but I love it! How about you? Where in VA are you? That's where his aunt lives.

PamH- LOVE those spiders, how clever! Wish I could quilt like that.

Oh I forgot to ask, how is everyone's weight loss going?? I lost another pound, you all better get walking!! Hehe

Meganc731, unfortunately I'm in northern VA, but we're dreaming of moving to the Shenandoah Valley. Yes, I spied that saddle! I rode a bit when I was a kid but probably won't again.

Pam, let us know if you try yoga. It's been my experience that most studios will give you a free class to try it out or you can pay for a few classes and try the different ones they offer. At one studio their Gentle Yoga class was WAY too easy for me but the one I'm in now is perfect. You just have to keep trying different ones. There is a product, I think it's called Jellies. They are rubbery, cushiony little pads to put your knees and hands on to take some of the impact if you have issues. They might help you. They're probably not too expensive. My studio has a few in the classrooms to try out before you buy. I had yoga last night and slept SO well.

Oh, No!!! I had to open the Halloween candy up at school yesterday to get ready for Trick-Or-Treating that we do with the preschoolers. There were a few leftover pieces - I'm in trouble!!!!

Blog Entries
    November Weight Loss Challenge thread is posted. Don't forget to sign up. Good luck to everyone. Stay out of the Halloween candy.
    Only a couple of days until the end of the month.
    Pat

I'm in for November. Need to stay serious about losing weight!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Cindy- No way, I used to live in Leesburg then we moved to Martinsburg WV when we decided to buy a house. Unfortunately it was too much of a culture shock and we finally decided we needed to move. We had always talked about moving to the Pacific Northwest so rather than moving somewhere else in the DC area we moved to Seattle!! Love it here!

Ok, moving on to November!

Quote Originally Posted by meganc731 View Post
    Cindy- No way, I used to live in Leesburg then we moved to Martinsburg WV when we decided to buy a house. Unfortunately it was too much of a culture shock and we finally decided we needed to move. We had always talked about moving to the Pacific Northwest so rather than moving somewhere else in the DC area we moved to Seattle!! Love it here!

Ok, moving on to November!
    Ah, so glad you shared that. We've looked on-line and Martinsburg is one of the places we keep going back to. Was worried it wouldn't be the right fit for us but we could get the house we want (nothing extravagant but your dollar sure goes further there).

Have to go get more Halloween candy for school before I head into work. Hope I can stay out of it!!

Blog Entries
    Gayle how is your new plan going? I went to the Orthopedist today about my knee. He ordered the Synvisc shot for me. So I am not getting a knee replacement yet:-) Hopefully this will work for a while.
    My Halloween costume is finished. We are all going to be teenage mutant ninja turtles. The kids will like it. I think there is a new moving coming out soon. I am teaching a class at guild in November and my samples are finished. THis is amazing as I am usually rushing around at the last minute. Does anyone here know how to post pictures for an iPhone? I can't figure it out. I flunked technology. I did hexagon shuffle in 2 different color ways. They came out neat.
    Don't forget to sign up for November.
    Pat

It's going ok Pat. I am down several pounds. Not going to say until I step on the scale tomorrow morning.
    My Ortho wanted to start those shots on me too not quite 3 years ago. But at the time my left foot went crazy and I ended up with surgery on it. Right now, my foot gives out before my knee does. I am going to put it off a little longer.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Well, I definitely did not win the challenge this month! Sadly, I gained some weight. But I am going to get back on track for November and start losing again. I have about 18 pounds to go for my goal so I need to get cracking. I lost the first 20 then slacked off. I'm maintaining within about 4 pounds but would still like to lose a little more.

Gayle, congrats on your loss!

Pat, your costumes sound fun!
    Heather

Did my weigh this morning and happy the numbers are going in the right direction. Motivation for staying out of the bucket while i hand candy out at the DD's house tonight while they take the DGDs around the neighborhood.
    Would love to see a picture of your TMNT costumes Pat !
    Anyone else dressing up?? If so - as what?
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Blog Entries
    Well, I lost again ---- the fabric fat quarters, that is! Still on an eating binge.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Oh, no, Pete!!! STOPP!!! I'm saying that to myself right now as well. We opened up the candy for last night and only got 3-4 small groups of kids all night. Part of it may have been my street. When we checked the other houses were very dark. I think one of the street lights is out also. So kids would probably have just kept walking past us to the next street - we didn't look very inviting! SO. . . . now I have all this candy in the house. We'll take it to work with us, if there's anything left. In the meantime, I'm in trouble!!

We have a lot of leftover candy too. We only had 10-12 kids come and they each got a handful but there's lots left. Hubby and I hit it pretty hard last night and he is still at it today so it won't last long. A lot that is left has coconut which I don't like so that won't tempt me.
    Today we are going to a wedding. I looked through my card basket and there are no wedding ones left so I guess I will be doing that today. Unless I run to the store. Hmmm

Blog Entries
    There are some big losses for October. Keep up the good work. Don't forget to sign up for November.

Blog Entries
    And the winner for October is Jim's Gem. Awesome job Gayle. Keep up the good work. I will send out your Christmas FQ soon.
    Pat

How much did she lose?
    Congrats Gayle!!

Blog Entries
    Sorry, Jim's Gem lost 10 pounds!!!

Blog Entries
    OMG! Gr job, no FANTASTIC!!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4