Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Odd things family members say... >

Odd things family members say...

Odd things family members say...

Old 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM

My friends DGD (4)was having trouble breathing thru her nose and when her DGM asked what was the matter, she said "My nose won't suck"
A 3 yr old neighbor of mine when I lived in Maine used to call Pepsi "Cold Pissy"
How about odd things people do? We were pulling into a parking space at a grocery store today and right next to us was a Mercedes Benz convertible with the top down......and the guy was locking the door. HUH??????? I lost it!!!
Windows were up tho. LOL
Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 PM

I've enjoyed several "words " used by my gr kids. Acouple lately have been:
(3 yr old) "Mom- I love Grandma's new recliner. I push a button and it hibernates my butt."
(10 yr old) "Like my new coat, Grandma? It's irreversable."
Old 01-08-2012, 05:37 PM

My Dad would always say if he caught me pouting "you better scratch yer butt and get glad."

Our oldest grandaughter and the rest of us were going out to eat after church and we were all in my van, we are riding along and from the back we hear her voice say " I hope we hurry up and get there, I am so hungry my back hurts..."

Our youngest grandaughter wanted me to look in the "glove department" of my car for her sun glasses...

My nephew is a flight attendant and was on a layover in Louisianna. He rented a car and went out for some sight seeing. He stopped to buy gas and went inside to tell the attendant he wanted gas. The attendant who had a very thick cajun accent said to him "whatpumyeon." My nephew looked at him with this I don't know what you just said look and the attendant who was getting edgy says real fast 3 or 4 times "whatpumyeon whatpumyeon whatpumyeaon! To this my nephew says "oh I don't know..." another person that knew what the attendant was saying finally told my nephew that he wants to know what pump are you on... lol we still laugh about that.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM

My mom called me one time when she was babysitting our son. She was frantic. She said, "He's crying and wanting "waygo box. What does that mean?!!! I laughed out loud on this one. He was wanting his "Lego Blocks". Everytime she repeated back to him what he said, he would say NO and cry louder. He's 31 now and we still sometimes call them "waygo box" just for the fun of it.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 PM

My grand kids call instructions constructions and they are partly right also MIL says Alumeim and chimley for aluminum and chimney.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM

When I used to cook I'd call my family to the table by saying- 'zeat. I would have sworn that I was saying let's eat, but it came out 'zeat.(DH does all of the cooking now.)
Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM

My dad always says they are having musgo's for supper. Things that must go-- Leftovers!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 PM

My favorite is my mother-in-law saying "Oysterich" for Ostrich. Totally tees her off when some one corrects her. LOL
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM

When my DS (now 21) was about 2 yrs old. we took him to the beach near Mobile, Al. We started walking towards the beach and he looked up (very surprised look on his face) and said, "WOW!! SNOW!!!"
We still laugh about that one.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 PM

I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. this is a great thread.
I have laughed and now I'm going blank over some ism's that our family said.

When my DH and I went out for breakfast the first time, he ordered eggs. When the waitress asked how he wanted his eggs he said "fried". We still laugh at that one.