Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Off Topic - Focused at Our England Members >
  • Off Topic - Focused at Our England Members

• Off Topic - Focused at Our England Members

Old 09-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Speaking of British comedies... are there any Mr. Bean fans out there?
    Love Mr. Bean! AND all the Monty Python crew!
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    Coventry - we don't feel SORRY for you!! WE are just use to the way we live, and can't imagine living any other way --- well that may change.. Your produce is fresh?? Ours is shipped from another country! Hey! I watch Hyacinth and I know what it is like there......that's a joke, ok?
    quilty - in CA we had to buy separate cords, and MO too - were told they do NOT sell them together!
    My sister has lived in Los Altos,California for 40years and whenever I have visited their produce was always fresh and locally sourced certainly not imported!!!
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
    Coventry - we don't feel SORRY for you!! WE are just use to the way we live, and can't imagine living any other way --- well that may change.. Your produce is fresh?? Ours is shipped from another country! Hey! I watch Hyacinth and I know what it is like there......that's a joke, ok?
    quilty - in CA we had to buy separate cords, and MO too - were told they do NOT sell them together!
    My sister has lived in Los Altos,California for 40years and whenever I have visited their produce was always fresh and locally sourced certainly not imported!!!
    California is fortunate to have fresh produce year round due to their climate. Here in NH, we only get local grown produce in the summer and part of the fall. The rest of the year we each fresh produce brought in from out of state and even out of the country.

As for the weather and its changes, we have a saying here in New Hampshire, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes?" and sometimes, that's as long as you have to wait. Weather is a great topic of conversation around here.
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM

I retired from VON's and yes, alot of the produce was grown in Mexico or Chile. But CA had delicisous produce - in MO = well, that is another story.
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM

..................I give up................
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:35 PM

I retired from VON's and yes, alot of the produce was grown in Mexico or Chile. But CA had delicisous produce - in MO = well, that is another story.
    OK sorry, wrong end of the stick!! Thought you were in California!!
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mellina
    So, someone else loves watching the English comedies!

I do and I have a collection of English movies. I was raised in Belize when the British were still there and acquired a taste for certain things, like hight tea.

My two sisters migrated over there and I have a bunch of nieces and nephews. One is coming for Thanksgiving with his wife and son. I know them all, as I took a trip and took my boy to meet some of this family and that was some 25 years ago. Yes the frig was tiny and so was the water heater. I found that out when I thought I would take a hot soak lol.

The milk man delivered egg, and milk. I had her get extra milk...it was soooo good.
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
    Originally Posted by CoventryUK
    California is fortunate to have fresh produce year round due to their climate. Here in NH, we only get local grown produce in the summer and part of the fall. The rest of the year we each fresh produce brought in from out of state and even out of the country.

As for the weather and its changes, we have a saying here in New Hampshire, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes?" and sometimes, that's as long as you have to wait. Weather is a great topic of conversation around here.
    Sounds a bit like ours! All seasons in one day!!
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
    I love Miss Marple and Rumpole On The Bailey. I never missed it when it was on.

Do you know you can get all those from Netflix?
    Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 PM

I too love the British Comedies! Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served, Last Of The Summer Wine, and one of my favorites is, As Time Goes By!