OH HORRORS!!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Power Poster

I was sure surprised that parts of Florida get as cold as they do during the winter.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 AM

Moonpi's area gets colder more ofter than us. But the 2nd year we were here we had snow. The kids were thrilled. Of course it did not stick to anything but the cold cars, they made snowballs from the windshields. You never know from year to year, this year it's suppose to be wet and warm. I'm really sick of the warm, or rather hot!!. :cry: I would love some fresh air, maybe soon. Not as fresh as Denver, or out west. :lol:
Old 11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Make sure those traps are where the dogs won't be able to get at them. They like the same food the mice will go for. Humane traps are nicer. The mouse is trapped inside but not injured and you can dump it outside, far away.

Mice generally don't hurt you. If it can, it'll run away. It would only bite if it thought you were attacking and it couldn't escape.

Put all food somewhere that mice can't get to. I keep my bread in the microwave. Fruit and such, too, or in the fridge. Onions and potatoes go in closed cupboards. Make sure all cupboards are fully closed. Make sure the garbage is in a closed container or in a cupboard. Get rid of food crumbs from the table, counter, stovetop and floor after every meal. Don't leave unwashed dishes out, or even washed wet dishes. Don't leave any water on the counters.

And... rinse the food out of your sponges and squeeze out the water! I had some very talented mice once who rehydrated cheese and chopped onions on my sponges for tastier eating. LOL! I stored my sponges in a can under the sink for a while after that.
Look under your sinks, etc. anywhere pipes and wiring come into your house, and put steel wool in their, jam it tightly, or them smart little meeces will just push it out of their way. QC or Mousie :wink:
Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM

Get a Rat Terrier, better than the cats and they really do get the vermin :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-3746.jpe  
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 AM

What a cutie. Gonna have to try something, can not get that bugger to go to any of the traps. Baited with Peanut Butter, Junior mints, today it will be Slim Jims, Gosh I really hate this!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
I can understand them trying to get in the house up there to get warm, but it's still friking hot here.What's up with that!!
Maybe Florida mice come in the house to cool off. DUH!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 AM

We used to tie a little piece of bacon on the trap, if we didn't tie it they would steal it. Good luck :D
Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 AM

Thanks Bluebird, I'm going to try that. I have invested in $40.00 of more human traps, and It's not working. He is using the under sink area as his toilet, only place we see signs of him. So today real traps with tied bacon. I hate to do it, but it has to go. This is really depressing me!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 AM

Or can you send me your little puppy for a while, but you may not get it back :wink:
Old 11-02-2009, 06:23 AM

Oh, she'll get sent home real quick :lol: She will terrorize everything in her path. She is our 3rd Rat. First one was a stitch watching her under bird cages outside where the mice made nests...lots of nice seed was dropped. The first one she caught she looked at me and the back feet and tail were sticking out of her mouth. I'm screaming for her to put it down, she promptly swallowed it :lol: Didn't that make your day :roll: