OH HORRORS!!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:25 AM

OH HORRORS!! That's definately worse than my having one. Aren't our fur balls a hoot.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bluebird
Oh, she'll get sent home real quick :lol: She will terrorize everything in her path. She is our 3rd Rat. First one was a stitch watching her under bird cages outside where the mice made nests...lots of nice seed was dropped. The first one she caught she looked at me and the back feet and tail were sticking out of her mouth. I'm screaming for her to put it down, she promptly swallowed it :lol: Didn't that make your day :roll:
Was dog any worse for wear after swallowing the mouse?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM

Wish it had been only one :shock: Didn't bother her at all :lol:
Old 11-02-2009, 04:48 PM

I had a cat once that was a fantastic huntress. One day she was playing with a mouse, still alive, in the livingroom. The mouse was either playing dead or was stunned when Callie took her eyes off the mouse for a second. It was up and under the TV, in a cabinet, before she could get it. She actually had a stunned look on her face. She couldn't get to the mouse and couldn't find it anywhere else. Poor dear was tramatized and never hunted again. How do I know this? She never left anymore "presents" for me.

Hopefully by now or very soon, yours will be gone.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 AM

MICE

I think mice are rather nice;
Their tails are long, their faces small;
They haven't any chins at all.
Their ears are pink, their teeth are white,
They run about the house at night;
They nibble things they shouldn't touch,
and, no one seems to like them much,
but, I think mice are rather nice.

Rose Fyleman

Okay, this isn't how I really feel, but I've always liked the poem. It's a wonder kids raised on Stuart Little movies and "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" (a video my granddaughters love) can ever learn to dislike mice.

Of course, all it takes are a few mouse droppings in the silverware drawer and one usually decides a mouse in the house isn't the best thing.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by kd124
I had a cat once that was a fantastic huntress. One day she was playing with a mouse, still alive, in the livingroom. The mouse was either playing dead or was stunned when Callie took her eyes off the mouse for a second. It was up and under the TV, in a cabinet, before she could get it. She actually had a stunned look on her face. She couldn't get to the mouse and couldn't find it anywhere else. Poor dear was tramatized and never hunted again. How do I know this? She never left anymore "presents" for me.

Hopefully by now or very soon, yours will be gone.
Your cat should have done what one of ours used to do. She always took her captives to the bathtub to play with. Over and over she'd watch the poor little victim try to run up the side of the tub, then bat it down. Eventually she'd tire of the game and she'd come out of the bathroom with a very satisfied look on her face. Sometimes we'd find a little blood by the bathtub drain, but that would be all.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:36 AM

I try to throw a towel over and then pick it up and take it out... they really won't hurt you
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM

I have two cat's, my male that weights 17 1/2 is scared of everything. His sister weighs 12, she would chase it under a chair and watch for it to come out, probably hoping it would scare her brother cause he chases her.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM

That's it!! Gloves are off. I really tried to do the humane thing, but what I found today is disgusting and I know he is a little creature of God, but we are going to die of some disease. How can something soooooo small have that much stuff come out of it, and I have no clue what he is eating. God PLEEEEEZZ do not let there be more. He was trying to get into the toaster oven, but I see no hole he can get into. Although he had a lot of droppings around it, and my dishcloth drawer. GROSS> He will not go near the humane traps so I went and bought the old fashioned ones. Hope he goes into the shoe box one. Yesterday I was totally depressed over this, I'm a clean freak and really can not deal with this one more day. If he isn't caught tomorrow, I'll call an exterminator. Probably pay a mere fortune for him to be gone, but worth it. I'll keep you updated, it's him or me. Not sure how this is going down.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Oh my! I hope you win this one Harris!