Perfume, do you wear it.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 AM

I don't wear perfume , mainly because of sensitivities, but I don't mind if it's subtle.

However,it seems some people bathe in it for the sake of it. It's either that, or they are using it for one of the reasons perfume was originally created for: to cover the odors from people not bathing. :)
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally perfumes were designed to mask some pretty potent body odors. People bathed irregularly, other than an occasional dunking in the river, it was considered unhealthy to bath for reasons other than, bred, wed and dead. Later they became a fashion accessory. I think if we bath often and are clean it is enough. If you need something to cover up you body odor, then please increase you bathing, not your perfume. Perfume will not cover BO, it just makes it more.....hmmm......unique.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 AM

I personally wear very little (and I do mean very little)if any. Most trigger my migraines. There have been times when I have had to leave the place I was because of the smell of perfume. I don't understand why some people think they need to smell like a perfume factory. Maybe they don't realise how sick it makes some people.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Dix

I love Ralph Lauren Blue. It is light and fresh!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 AM

Yes, everyday. Living in So Cal I wear my favorite Chanel that I've worn for years. It's very light and still get complements even from strangers. After my daily shower, it's my favorite girl "Coco" plus earrings and watch. I love feeling fresh.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM

I am allergic to some. So I spray a little bit of splash on my clothes. Also sometimes when I am in a store and walking by someone with too much perfume on, I have to hold my nose and get deathly sick.
And also some popuri smells make me sick from the smell.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:13 AM

I get migraines from other peoples cologne, its bad when a person leaves a room and their scent stays, to me if your clean, perfume isn't needed. I worked in a doctors office and older women came in drenched in it, we figured it was from wearing their clothes and hanging back up after wearing, and they reapplied the perfume- it had old perfume and newly applied perfume smell also, I will never do that when I get to be older.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM

I don't wear it because the first Asthma attack I had was because of perfume. We are not allowed to wear it to work. Except my manager who I have told not to wear perfume still comes with it on or on her clothes. I sat beside her one day and my voice started to go. She asked me if I was sick and I said no you have perfume on again.

I feel even if I found one that did not make me sick it may make some one else sick.

Good old soap and water work for me.

Quilterfay
Old 08-11-2011, 10:25 AM

I'm with you! perfume should only be smelled if someone is VERY close to you; other than that, you have on WAY too much
Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 AM

I used to be able to use lightly fragranced colognes and perfumes, now I get migraines from smells. The only thing I can stand is lavendar -- and then only in some soaps. I have people I have to avoid because of the fragrance they wear -- really nice people, but I can't be around them without getting sick.