Pets?

Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 PM

I have 2 little doxies and a cat.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:35 PM

We have two fantastic border collies. But I am proud to announce that my son (with a new apartment) just adopted a 6 month old yellow cat. We are a family who loves all animals.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
2 Dogs & 5 Cats All are "Special Needs" Deaf, Blind, Geriatric, psychological issues. The dogs are in my avatar
That is wonderful. Special needs animals have a special place in my heart
I found out I am a dog person when I was fostering.I like cats too but dogs first. :-) I now have just the one boss but for now he is enough.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:48 AM

I would have to say dogs . . . since I have 6. But am seriously considering changing to cats. I don't think they can pull my quilts through the puppy dog to the back yard.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:49 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

sigh.. just a dog .. DH said no cats or birds .. had too many of those in the past (including a cockatoo!!). Well he didn't say I couldn't have a piggy yet !!<GRIN> or maybe a llama ! LOL

Our dog is the love of our lives, she brings joy, and happiness. She is just too funny in her expressions, especially when we think she thinks we are nuts !LOL

I am right there with Coyotemagicur dog had a stroke and now she is our "special fur baby".
Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 AM

Growing up we always had both dogs and cats. Now I only have cats, but 5 of them. They truly are our children. They all have very different personalities and special things that they do with "mom". Hobo is our newest addition to the family. He gives the best hugs you could ask for. I don't have to be afraid to go to the bathroom by myself because Nick always follows me in there. Angelina and I always have special time together at bed time. Oscar is the best lap warmer you could ask for and Hedge (aka: Goofy) keeps us smiling at her antics.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM

I have had dogs, cats, hamsters, chinchillas, rabbits, bearded dragon, frogs, lizards, peacock, fish, skinks, snakes, turtles, and a bird. Out of all of them I did not like the bird; loud, messy, and unsociable. All of the other pets were interesting or fun to play with and personable. Currently, I have one feisty cat. Cats rule. They are fun, loving, personable, and easy to care for.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 AM

right now 2 dogs and 2 cats. the dogs are monkey and kitten-- both cocker spaniels and rescues. the cats are tiger and simon. one orange, one black manx. also rescues. like lee stitches we have had just about everything including 2 ball pythons (one, cleo, still lives with my son. she is 26 yrs old), a uromastix, a ferret, box wood turtle, rabbits, tarantula, really annoying birds-- when they're happy they chatter, ours were ecstatic! we couldn't watch tv or have a conversation because they were so loud! and they get poo and feathers and birdseed everywhere! nice to look at but not a good fit for me.--chinchilla, various lizards, fish, my favorite is an oscar-so funny and full of beans! a rat, gerbils, hamsters, mice, need i go on? we are animal lovers and will /would only keep animals that would be happy in a domestic situation, hence no exotics, lions and tigers or bears, oh, my! my favorite? a horse. and no, i've never had one! but i was horse crazy young and i'm horse crazy old! quilting krazy lets me say that her 1/4 horse tucker is mine, and i love her, and him, for it! he is a real character!! come to think of it, so is she!

Last edited by nancia; 12-09-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Pds

I was one of those people who didn't believe that animals belonged in the house until Coal came to live with us. He is such an intuitive and loving little animal----and very spoiled. People refer to being "treated like a dog" as being bad. In my house you would want to be "treated like a dog" :c) He is a minature 8 lb. poodle.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pds View Post
I was one of those people who didn't believe that animals belonged in the house until Coal came to live with us. He is such an intuitive and loving little animal----and very spoiled. People refer to being "treated like a dog" as being bad. In my house you would want to be "treated like a dog" :c) He is a minature 8 lb. poodle.
My goodness where else would one put an 8 lb dog if not in the house? I never wanted dogs on the furniture .. LOL well.. Andy sleeps on my bed . When I had fosters at one time I had 2 chihuahua's and Andy in a twin size bed. I think I ended up with a spot not too much bigger than my pillow. :-) .. I know I want to come back as one of my friends dogs. Well trained but also very well taken care of.