Pills For Depression!!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:00 AM

I have a question regarding depression. I know that it can lead to suicidal thinking, but does it ever lead to thinking of harming others? I am dealing with a very depressed person right now that is in crisis. Given the extreme personal nature of my question, and not wanting to invade your privacy, I am hoping some of you will be willing to PM me. Thank you
Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by marsye
Awe shucks! Thanks guys! :oops: I didn't really mean I was leaving and not coming back. ;-) I've been out of town for 2 days, took my laptop but didn't get online but a couple of times. I've been in Eureka Springs, AR. Might post some pics tomorrow. As far as the "not so nice" posts go, well lets just say it takes more than that to get to me. :lol: Coffee and donut anyone? :thumbup:
Love the flowers and had donuts this morning, but thanks anyway, Marsye.
Ask again tomorrow. I tend to get hungry at least 3 times a day for some odd reason :roll: :lol:
Well how bout some coffee then? Its time for my afternoon gallon. ;)
Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
I have a question regarding depression. I know that it can lead to suicidal thinking, but does it ever lead to thinking of harming others? I am dealing with a very depressed person right now that is in crisis. Given the extreme personal nature of my question, and not wanting to invade your privacy, I am hoping some of you will be willing to PM me. Thank you
YES it DOES! but please do not ask me how I know.............
Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Awe shucks! Thanks guys! :oops: I didn't really mean I was leaving and not coming back. ;-) I've been out of town for 2 days, took my laptop but didn't get online but a couple of times. I've been in Eureka Springs, AR. Might post some pics tomorrow. As far as the "not so nice" posts go, well lets just say it takes more than that to get to me. :lol: Coffee and donut anyone? :thumbup:
Love the flowers and had donuts this morning, but thanks anyway, Marsye.
Ask again tomorrow. I tend to get hungry at least 3 times a day for some odd reason :roll: :lol:
Well how bout some coffee then? Its time for my afternoon gallon. ;)
I don't do coffee, thanks, but I hope your chugging unleaded!:shock:
Old 04-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Banned

Coffee is my worst vise...leave me alone!!! hahaha :lol: :lol:
Old 04-10-2010, 06:44 AM

Coffee is mine and Biill's too Marsye and no decafe, Maxwell house,French. My DH Brings it to me first thing in the morning and then abt. 3:00 in afternoon!! SOOOO GOOOOD!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 04-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
Coffee is mine and Biill's too Marsye and no decafe, Maxwell house,French. My DH Brings it to me first thing in the morning and then abt. 3:00 in afternoon!! SOOOO GOOOOD!!!! :lol: :lol:
DITTO!! I must have that afternoon cup too! :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2010, 07:55 AM

LOL, my idea of a cup of coffee is a whole pot! :XD:
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 AM

Coffee??? If anyone runs out...We have the same coffee system in our home that Burger King has. LOL We are addicts. LOL

Thank You again Marsye for this topic. I hope it has informed or helped many. I know from experience first hand that there are people out there that just do not understand depression. It is all because they are uneducated about it. A true education abot it. There have been so many new things developed to test & treat this disease in the last 25 years, it is amazing. You know another big thing that triggers me off? People that really are uncaring or cruel to others. Try living with that in this world. A pill doesn't help that, so I have to find creative ways in my mind to help with it. And I do.

We need to all be capable & willing to discuss things. We will never all agree 100% of the time. But can't we agree to disagree kindly or politely? We're adults & quilters do have the rep of being caring & compassionate with big hearts after all. I am new here, but that is my half a cent on this topic. But I am so thankful this was brought up because now I know I am not alone here. Thanks everyone.

Huge Hugs
Gram
Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

It does seem that many more cases of things like autism, adhd, add, etc. seem to be diagnosed than I was aware of 60 years ago.

Are the percentages of these conditions more prevalent now than "back then" - or are our diets and life styles causing more of these condition?