Pills For Depression!!

Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

I think our dear Marsye was not saying, SHE was going anywhere, lol... :wink:

SO, WHOSE UP FOR A JOKE? :-D

Seen on a t-shirt:
Are you a side effect of my medication? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 PM

[quote=2wheelwoman]Marsye - don't even think of going somewhere else, you belong here. We know you meant no malice in your posting, and it has been beneficial to many of us and we've all learned from it.

Marsye- I wholeheartedly agree with 2wheelwoman!!
I think your post has enlightened many more people than it "offended". There was nothing offensive about your post.
There is never a reason for anyone to be rude and nasty because that is offensive!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:40 PM

Doing my best and doing your best will forever be two totally different things, yet neither side has the authority to set the standard for the other or for others.

Most cannot tell what, when or why things overwhelm them to the point of being reduced to just breathing to get thru the day anymore than someone who doesn't have these challenges can give an accurate dissertation on how to get to the moon.

It's heart wrenching to see the seemingly endless parade of maladies and afflictions that humankind has inherited, why do we want to individually add to that burden?

While I acknowledge the medical field generally does over medicate, it's also not an exact science and doctors do what they can with how they've trained and what they've learned in their practices.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Ok, I guess I just don't understand it because I've never had it. A friend of mine just told me she was taking drugs for depression now and I couldn't see anything she should be depressed about so I was just wondering.....But I'm thinking I should have never started this thread. :? Maybe admins. will delete it before someone chops my head off. :shock:
Sometimes it's a chemical imbalance in your body not some outside cause. Just be happy it hasn't visited you.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM

Marsye,
no need for you to go anywhere. you asked a question and we answered it. you also saw how several of us handle it. all I can say for the ones that never has to deal with this. I am envious. I remember battling depression in my early teens. so I have always done so. then it went full blown bipolar I think the trigger was my losing my mother.

If you do not have or have had dealings with depression you are blessed.
Don't want you to go anywhere even though I am new to the board. you are allowed questions and to get feedback.
becca
Old 04-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Marsye you started a great thread that is deserving of. I too have dealt with depression and have been on meds. However, it only got worse when I found out that I have MS, multiple sclerosis. Many have mentioned here that there is a chemical imbalance of the brain and that is true. Now compound that with another illness that can sink you in more as the disease spreads whether it is MS, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, etc. I have no choice at this point but to take my little "happy pill" along with my shot every day. In so doing I'm much more "controlled" with my mood swings and all. Don't get me wrong there are some down days but not as bad as before. And a note to all of you who suffer from depression or have loved ones that do: A good doctor will prescribe a blood test to check your liver levels when on medication. I have one done every year and though I've been on meds for over 7 yrs. my liver is very healthy. Just an FYI. Marsye, don't go anywhere you are more than welcomed here on this board :)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Awe shucks! Thanks guys! :oops: I didn't really mean I was leaving and not coming back. ;-) I've been out of town for 2 days, took my laptop but didn't get online but a couple of times. I've been in Eureka Springs, AR. Might post some pics tomorrow. As far as the "not so nice" posts go, well lets just say it takes more than that to get to me. :lol: Coffee and donut anyone? :thumbup:
Old 04-09-2010, 05:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kay carlson
Marsye, we need and want you here on this board. Your thread has been a true blessing to many of us.

Love ya,
Kay Susan
Its nice to be needed :lol:
Old 04-09-2010, 07:05 AM

Becca - if you re-read my thread - I do suffer from depression and for over 20+ years. I do understand, I know what you go through dealing with the day-to-day. And yes I have attempted suicide more than once. I do agree with what another post said that people need to be educated. The people who think we are the just taking pills, for the heck of it need the education. And I know this is a section for dicussing what ever you want. I can read!

Rude right back at ya
Old 04-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marsye
Awe shucks! Thanks guys! :oops: I didn't really mean I was leaving and not coming back. ;-) I've been out of town for 2 days, took my laptop but didn't get online but a couple of times. I've been in Eureka Springs, AR. Might post some pics tomorrow. As far as the "not so nice" posts go, well lets just say it takes more than that to get to me. :lol: Coffee and donut anyone? :thumbup:
Love the flowers and had donuts this morning, but thanks anyway, Marsye.
Ask again tomorrow. I tend to get hungry at least 3 times a day for some odd reason :roll: :lol: