Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I know it's fall, because it smells bad in here... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-know-its-fall-because-smells-bad-here-t157671.html)

CloverPatch 10-03-2011 12:57 PM

I like it!
That fresh burn of the coil heating up and burning up all the dust that has collected all summer. Makes me feel all warm
I HATE being cold!!!

Favorite Fabrics 10-03-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
I like it!
That fresh burn of the coil heating up and burning up all the dust that has collected all summer. Makes me feel all warm
I HATE being cold!!!

Then you'd love it upstairs in our shop, CloverPatch. It's so warm up there we get to have the window upon all year round.

Seriously.

The only time it is not above 80 degrees is late spring and early fall. Anytime we have the heat on, it's way too hot upstairs (due to the furnace). And anytime we have the AC on, it was already too hot from the weather.

The joys of being in a 100-year-old building. :? But the location is perfect, just a mile from home for me. And since, like you, I prefer being warm to being cold, I'm okay with it.

If I need to cool off, all I have to do is stick my head out the window. Or walk downstairs. It's more temperate down there!

quilted dakota 10-04-2011 03:39 AM

our hardware store sells scents you can attach toyour furnace filter, they are wonderful!

Edie 10-04-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
... it's that awful odor that comes out the first time you turn the furnace on for the season.

:|

I LOVE THAT SMELL! It is so warm smelling. Edie

susie0808 10-04-2011 04:53 AM

This morning I have a blanket wrapped around me. It's 51 degrees out. Done with the a/c. This time every year I always try to turn my heat on close to Nov 1st. Most of the time I can't get there. The damp weather creeps in even blankets don't help. I just want to try to give my electric bill a break.

The smell always comes the fist time running the heat.It has something to do with warming up the unit. Since it has been sitting cold for a few months.

Nell 10-04-2011 05:36 AM

Any more information about "Good Night Moon" fabric?

auniqueview 10-04-2011 05:37 AM

It smells like the unit is catching fire, lol. I will have dh clean the filter, duct, etc before we even think of turning our unit on for the 3 - 4 days we will need it, lol lol

AprilG 10-04-2011 05:37 AM

... it's that awful odor that comes out the first time you turn the furnace on for the season.

My kids used to call that smell Roasting Spiders. They couldn't wait to turn the heat on. (Kids are Crazy!)

arimuse 10-04-2011 05:39 AM

ooohhhh I LOVE that smell! It doesnt last long and it tells me the real fall/winter has started - its the smell of winter in the house ;)
same when we make the first fire in the fireplace for the start of the cold season, sharet

arimuse 10-04-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by AprilG

My kids used to call that smell Roasting Spiders. They couldn't wait to turn the heat on. (Kids are Crazy!)

oh! what a great thought! :-P sharet