Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Problems With Camera Batteries >

Problems With Camera Batteries

Problems With Camera Batteries

Old 05-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Same here. Drives me nuts!
We have the Kodak EasyShare Z712IS. The Kodak (nonrechargeable) battery that came in it worked fine. Lots of photos and lots of videos.
When it was gone we got a RadioShack non-rechargeable. Very few photos and almost no videos and it was gone.
We now have a generic rechargeable. I can get 10 to 12 photos on one charge.
I thought it must be the camera but maybe it is not.
I haven't tried the Kodak rechargeable but maybe I will have to use Kodak since it is a Kodak camera?
I am happy to see this post. All thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
I have that same camera and I have had Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in it for a while now. I found that if you get the ones that specifically say to be used for digital cameras they last longer. The funny thing is I had that same issue with batteries wearing out really fast before I bought the energizer ones. Then I ordered the Kodak rechargable pack but haven't had a chance to use it yet because the energizer ones are still going strong!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

I use Duracells right now and have no complaints.

For those of you using Lithium batteries: According to regulations they are not permitted in your suitcase while flying. You can take a set on your carry-on. There are other rules associated with those, but I'm not sure on the details.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:54 AM

My camera is a Canon Power Shot SD1200 IS. It comes with a battery pack that is flat, thin, rectangular and comes with a charger. I can take abot 200 pictures before recharging. I bought this camera because I won't have to mess with rechrging batteries often.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 AM

I got my new camera(Nikon Sureshot) back in March, use it all the time and on the first set of batteries (duracell rechargables)Have not had to recharge them yet.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 AM

A while ago I bought some batteries from Costco called eneloop made by Sanyo. They came with a charger and I have been VERY happy with them. They last a LONG time and I've had them for a couple of years now and keep recharging when they run out. Check into it.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:47 AM

Same here BUT I take the batteries out of the camera when I'm not using it and leave them in the camera case. They are there the next time I need them. They last ALOT longer that way.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by dsb38327
Same here. Drives me nuts!
We have the Kodak EasyShare Z712IS. The Kodak (nonrechargeable) battery that came in it worked fine. Lots of photos and lots of videos.
When it was gone we got a RadioShack non-rechargeable. Very few photos and almost no videos and it was gone.
We now have a generic rechargeable. I can get 10 to 12 photos on one charge.
I thought it must be the camera but maybe it is not.
I haven't tried the Kodak rechargeable but maybe I will have to use Kodak since it is a Kodak camera?
I am happy to see this post. All thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
I have that same camera and I have had Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in it for a while now. I found that if you get the ones that specifically say to be used for digital cameras they last longer. The funny thing is I had that same issue with batteries wearing out really fast before I bought the energizer ones. Then I ordered the Kodak rechargable pack but haven't had a chance to use it yet because the energizer ones are still going strong!
virturalbernie,
This is encouraging. Do I need to know if you have rechargeable or non-rechargeable?
I also find it valuable to know about taking the battery out of the camera when I am not using it. I didn't know that would make them last longer.
Get's to a point where you have the purchase price of the camera soaked up in replacement batteries. This is a valuable post to me./Thanks, Dorothy
Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 AM

We had the same problem - the regular batteries lasted for about 10 pics but since I put in the LITHIUM batteries, they have been going strong for 6 months!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 AM

I have a Kodak and my batteries last pretty long. I even carry extras in my purse with the camera -- just in case.

I also keep batteries in my quilting notions box for my battery-powered lights to use with my SM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 AM

Talked to the lady at the camera store and regular batteries are not made to last when used in a digital camera. She suggested lithium batteries of any kind and said that you could expect them to last 6 to 8 months. They are expensive, but replacing batteries everyweek would be more expensive.

Sheila