Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Question about Amazon Prime features >

Question about Amazon Prime features

Question about Amazon Prime features

Old 03-19-2017, 05:29 PM

How do you get the free movies to show on your tv. I am not tech savy at all. So this question may appear to be very funny for many.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by selm View Post
To watch amazon movies you need a "streaming" device like a Roku. It works through your wireless internet connection to stream movie videos to your TV. We got a refurbished Roku and it works great. you need an HDMI port on your TV to be able to insert the streaming device. My DH has really gotten in to watching some series they have on Prime and there are all kinds of movies.
I got a new Roku Premiere+, NOT a stick, last November for my main tv and it is hardwired from pc to Roku to tv. Have been using it with Netflix since then, so all is hooked up and running well. Just need to know how to have Roku talk to Prime and watch something on the tv.

Now I have tried to register my Roku for Prime but I do not know all the 'language' terms needed to do anything. Is there a way to call Amazon and talk to a person who can walk me through this.

No one I know has a Roku or Prime to deal with. Have been on a lot of Amazon pages and still getting nowhere. Will see if my computer guy has any information, am so frustrated.
I use the computer to email CA relative, find recipes, do some research and of course the QB.
You are lucky to have your DH to do these things for you.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:26 AM

I just called my computer guy and he has recently did the same thing. Now I have the Roku registered and all set to use it.
Thank you all for your hep in solving this for me. NOW to make my watch list*Ü*
Old 04-06-2017, 06:29 PM

I really love Prime, both for the free shipping as well as for shopping. I buy toilet tissue and paper towels by the case even though there are just the 2 of us. It is cheaper tha at the market. You do have to watch the prices but most times Amazon is competitive. I even sometimes buy cereal. I often use the Subscribe and Save option to save even more. You can always cancel your subscription after your first shipment. I need to look into the options for books more as I think you can borrow some for free.