Quilter needs help, please

Old 03-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Put me on the list to help in whatever way they need the most
Old 03-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

Well I heard from adriansmom today by email. This is what she gave me:They found out they will be able to move into their new place Saturday.Quote from Cathy: " As for stuff that we need...we have received many donations of household stuff and Aaron's family wants to throw and open house for the family so they can get a list of stuff we need. I would love sewing stuff, givt cards to Hancock Fabrics/JoAnn's would be great of course I love fabric. I love to paper piece and qult kits. I enjoy making tablerunnerand Aaron wants me to make placemats for the new apt just to give you a few ideas. The only thing would be toys for Adrian. He is 5 yrs old and loves most of the typical boy stuff...spiderman, batman, transformerers etc. Decoration type stuff is also welcome. As for monetry donations...gift cards to Wal-Mart/Target or something like that. I wouldn't want anyone to send cash through the mail..too dangerous. Again thanks for thinking about us"

So I think we can all take it upon ourselves what we want to send. She said I could share her address with the board...

Cathy, Aaron and Adrian Smith
732 Valley View Dr. Apt #6
Council Bluffs, IA 51503

I know her sewing machine is ruined and insurance will not cover it, so if anyone has a sewing machine they would like to part with I am sure Cathy would be thrilled.

If interested please help the family out.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Arron, I am so sorry to learn of your loss. Glad no one was hurt. You are right, the stuff can be replaced but lives cannot.
Sorry the kitties and hamster went over Rainbow Bridge, but they are fine on the other side.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know what we can do to try to help. As a Bernina owner, I know that Cathy feels very bad about her Artista. Ins companies are sometimes a pain in the rear.

Take care, Ronda aka Sassysewer53
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 PM

How devastating to lose your animals (furry family) and I'm sure some 'stuff' that holds memories.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. My best to you all.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:58 AM

Oh what a small world, Randy's 2 GD's live w/ their grandma in Council Bluffs IA. Would be even smaller world if the girl's grandma knew Cathy, Aaron and Adrian Smith...I wish you all the best.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 PM

PVQuilter - thanks for getting this info to us. It helps a great deal. I will be sending something - probably gift card(s) and a toy for Adrian.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Banned

[
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM

I'm getting a box of goodies in the mail for her tomorrow! Gotta help her rebuild her stash!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM

Toys coming your way! You should get them next week.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM

When this gentle quilter finally is able tohave her and her families lives back together, I know they will receive help with all the furniture and putting their lives back on track. Fire and the loss of a home is traumatic. I know as a young woman standing and watching as my family home burned to the ground. We were quickly surrounded by neighbors. It took a horrible toll on my parents who had the old time insurance. Only the value of the home at the time of the morgage. Boy have I learned from that. But I stand, short, but I stand more then happy to gather from my lovely fabrics a full box of only the good stuff if it will be helpful to get Cathy back into her quilting over time. There is nothing that I have that I would not pass over to one in need. So at the time or when the time is right, and these gentle quilters (most of are bad to the bone) decide to throw a quilting shower via mail for Cathy.. let me know. So for now, it's prayers and more prayers, with blessings and hopeful future,
Claire, better known as bluestarmom