Quirky Habits

Old 09-06-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
Exactly! But isn't bat poop supposed to be some kind of gold? Why do I think that? That it's valuable somehow? Or maybe I'm thinking of worm poop. I need to go take my headache medicine... I'm talking gibberish (per usual)!!!
I'm not sure about the bat guano.....I actually think it can make people sick.....but the worm poop is valuable. My nephew is worm farming. About 1 tsp of worm poop (there's a better name for it but I forget right now) in the soil around a plant is REALLY good for it's growth and health.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM

So I was bucking around in my bed when I woke up with one looking me in the face?!?!
Maybe you were so still the poor bat didn't realize you were there?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Loved reading this thread. Been trying to think of my own quirks..........guess I'm so used to them I don't think of them as quirks..........except for the eating folded chips last thing....that's been pointed out to me. I take a certain amount of chips out and put the bag away so I won't eat the whole bag!! The chips I took out, I spread out on a plate or paper napkin and then eat the smallest and flatest first working my way to the biggest tightest folded one last. I think it developed as a way to make the chips last as long as possible. Maybe? Not really sure.

Oh and I remember the word now............worm casings...that the term for worm poop. And my nephew is working on a way to package "worm tea" That's a liquid form of the worm casings....again good for the garden. He tells me....as he has done a whole boatload of research.....that the liquid forms currently on the market are no good because the packaging is air tight. The liquid has to be aerobic, meaning it has to get air or the good bacteria die and all the good that was in the liquid is gone. So it's a real challenge to find a way to allow air in and none of the liquid out!

The things you learn!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
IOW = In Other Words

This is another one of my quirks I guess. Instead of using existing acronyms (I.E. for "in other words") I make up my own acronyms! IOW - no one knows what I'm talking about - LOL.
ohhhhhhhhh
thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

My Mother put pickle juice in just about everything... it just adds a really nifty little zing, subtle but zippy.
I like your mother
Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

For some reason, he's scared to death of the sprinkler (& also the wet grass). Right now he's so obsessed with the moles in our yard that he couldn't be bothered to chase anything... LOL! Here's Leo, listening to or smelling or hearing or something, moles...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]360661[/ATTACH]
aw, Leo...buddeee....you look like a very sweet boy!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

I would measure but I don't think the tape would reach all the way around! LOL!
lol, are you measuring you or me?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

I resemble those remarks. Yes, my knee says "OK, I'm done. Fall down now" way more often than I like!
well, slap the stuffed dog and spit in the fire,...do you have a bum knee toooo?
I was injured some years ago and I have fibromyalgia on top of that, and sometimes my knee just doesn't feel like cooperating and just doesn't...folds up and goes home...and mousie goes down
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Talk about being dizzy.....my chiropractor did the EPLY maneuver on me yesterday. This puts the stones in your ears back in place. I felt better yesterday but today I can barely walk. I'm going to look for something in my allergy meds to see if anything will help me.
Sweet pickle relish and/or juice make for the yummiest deviled eggs.
I went to a fundraiser tuesday night with 200 some other women. During the drawing for the raffle a bat start flying around. A big brown bat. Women were screaming. It was very exciting for about 15 minutes until 1 of the 3 men there (working) went up in the balcony and knocked it down with a broom.
200 screaming women? I bet he was yust going nuts!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
well I thought of another one - I quite often would scrape my face with my fingernail while sleeping. Usually would NOT wake up while doing it, just see it in the mirror in the morning. Did you ever try to draw blood with your fingernail? It is NOT easy. Don't know why it wouldn't wake me up, or why I did it.

Now I wear wrist splints for carpal tunnel every night and it keeps my hands away from my face. However one night I scraped a mole off my shoulder while sleeping, Man did that bleed. The dermatologist was nice enough to take off the whole thing for me, she had never seen anything like it.
aye carumba!